SECT Game Thread: Lady Vols 74 - Kentucky 83

Howard is one of the most talented and most selfish players I've seen in a while. She's not so much the ball hog that Chennedy Carter was, but her only giving effort when she feels like it is off-putting. I feel like The Three Amigos kind of ran the team and Kyra had a hard time riding herd tge way Mitchell would do, and that helped cause losses. The mugging for cameras attitude of tbeir players is encouraged by the media, but it looks it doesn't take much to start KY wagging.
Kentucky's losing streak was because they were missing a third of their roster. Green out for the season, Edwards, suspended, Benton and Leveretter hurt, Hunt and Massengill missing games. If they had their full roster, they wouldn't have lost all those games.

From watching their games, it sure doesn't seem like her teammates have any issues with her. They are playing with great chemistry now that all of their players are healthy. And if they are winning, why not mug for the camera? It's not like every other team, Tennessee included, doesn't do the same.

Kentucky's losing streak was because they were missing a third of their roster. Green out for the season, Edwards, suspended, Benton and Leveretter hurt, Hunt and Massengill missing games. If they had their full roster, they wouldn't have lost all those games.

From watching their games, it sure doesn't seem like her teammates have any issues with her. They are playing with great chemistry now that all of their players are healthy. And if they are winning, why not mug for the camera? It's not like every other team, Tennessee included, doesn't do the same.

Nah mugging is one thing. They have an attitude problem and its especially on display when they play Tennessee to the point is semi disrespectful in my opinion. So shame on Kyra in that respect. The chirping yesterday at fans in the stands was especially low rent.

Some of the poor officiating is incompetence, and some of it is wanting to keep the marquee names in the game. The tv networks and the conferences all agree with the latter.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

See the post below your for the difference.

It's not just jersey-popping or flexing any more. It's the shushing finger to lips, etc. that indicates that they think they're The Show.

Some of the poor officiating is incompetence, and some of it is wanting to keep the marquee names in the game. The tv networks and the conferences all agree with the latter.
The one blown call that was so big was a no call when Howard in 3rd drove towards lane pushed Rae down then kicked to Hunt for open 3 which of course in this game she made. Bad No Call. In CHRIST Alone

It's not just jersey-popping or flexing any more. It's the shushing finger to lips, etc. that indicates that they think they're The Show.

Since 2015 SEC finishes of 4th, 4th, 3rd, 9th, 4th, 3rd, 5th, and 7th with one Sweet 16, and 4 Second Rounds. No folks I'm not talking about LSU or Texas A&M. Thats UK

Reactions: NoBackBoard

Finger shushing is now disrespectful? Seriously? That's standard protocol when playing in front of a hostile crowd and making a momentum crushing play.

If they shushing someone, they earned it. Play defense if you don't want to see it.

Reactions: Raebo
Finger shushing is now disrespectful? Seriously? That's standard protocol when playing in front of a hostile crowd and making a momentum crushing play.

If they shushing someone, they earned it. Play defense if you don't want to see it.

the only SEC school that has earned the right to shush at UT is South Carolina.

Who mentioned disrespect? It's the "Look at me!" arrogance. It's not about the team or the crowd. It's showboating the way football players do when they score and are more concerned with striking a pose than celebrating with teammates. It's the open-armed, hands out, no-big-deal shoulder shrugs after hitting a difficult shot.

Good tv but not a great display of character. Especially when you've loafed, pouted, and given half-hearted effort in other winnable games.

Watched the game in C-Ville, Virginia with family. Drove home after mid-night. Lots of time to think.
Saw, a new thread this morning using the word embarrassment. Disappointing attempt for attention... I guess.
Watched the game with my six year old grandchild. He loves to pull my chain. He told me twice in the first quarter that "Tenn isn't very good." I thought about Art Linkletter's old show "Kids say the darnest things." After I explained we were missing several players, he left to watch the Duke men get beat. A big deal in C' Ville. He returned later to remind me that I once told him, "Tennessee doesn't make excuses."
Dye played the best game of her time (hate the word career to describe a game) while at Tennessee. Walker had a bad night. It happens. She's not a PG.
I was forced ( due to injury) to play PG, at one of my baskeball experiences. I'm closer to six feet than not. First two times I touch the ball, under pressure...I was called for a walk. Painfull lesson. When I sat down, i said to my coach, "I'm not a PG." He said "You are to night." I wonder if Walker has tried that with Coach Harper, yet. Been my experience it doesn't work.
Perhaps, that's why I don't harang our guard play. If you haven't walked in someone else's moccasins...my advise is keep you mouth shut.

south carolina will beat kentucky by 30 tomorrow.

oh-really.gif

Reactions: MAD
Who mentioned disrespect? It's the "Look at me!" arrogance. It's not about the team or the crowd. It's showboating the way football players do when they score and are more concerned with striking a pose than celebrating with teammates. It's the open-armed, hands out, no-big-deal shoulder shrugs after hitting a difficult shot.

Good tv but not a great display of character. Especially when you've loafed, pouted, and given half-hearted effort in other winnable games.
@WVU05UT09 above said it was disrespectful.

UK just upset SC to win the SECT, so they earned the right to hush whomever they want I suppose.

Reactions: glv98
To the victors go the spoils. At least Howard will finally do something worthy of her status before she’s done. The difference fore them has been Edwards tho

Reactions: Gilmore
I think this is some sort of gotcha comment. I still stand by that comment. That team is full of low rent sh*t heads. They hadn’t earned the right to chirp at UT fans yesterday.
Do you think any of the UK players look at Tennessee with some reverence because of what they accomplished under CPS. What's Rhyne's record as a player vs. Tennessee? I know there's two losses, but at least 4 wins. Yeah, Rhyne and her crew can chirp all they want at Tennessee. LVs can shut them up by winning games.

Posts like this just make our fanbase look bitter and living in the past 🙄.

I think this is some sort of gotcha comment. I still stand by that comment. That team is full of low rent sh*t heads. They hadn’t earned the right to chirp at UT fans yesterday.

no this isn't a gotcha moment this is a you are going in moment and i'm here for it 😂

Do you think any of the UK players look at Tennessee with some reverence because of what they accomplished under CPS. What's Rhyne's record as a player vs. Tennessee? I know there's two losses, but at least 4 wins. Yeah, Rhyne and her crew can chirp all they want at Tennessee. LVs can shut them up by winning games.

Posts like this just make our fanbase look bitter and living in the past 🙄.

I'm sure they'll be doing that soon enough. TN will get healthy and there won't be a Howard to rely on. The SEC is competitive and it's only going to get more so.

They should chirp they won their first championship in 40 years and that's an awesome accomplishment. They should party likes it's 1982!

I can say i'm not bitter or living in the past im enjoying the closeness of this team and see the light on the horizon. Kellie had to rebuild a culture that was torn down and now she has to win. Getting to the second weekend would be a great start.

But i am looking forward to a healthy team next year and seeing what a summer of growth does for the ladies.

VN Store

Back