SECT Game Thread: Lady Vols 74 - Kentucky 83

No Marta, No Horston, No Green and 3/4 of a Rae does not wreak of a final 4 to me. Some of our underclassmen Ladies will take some good steps next year, get some of these folks back at 100% add a couple of pieces and then maybe we can scare a deep run. Never want to lose, but not sure I wanted to face SC with this cobbled together team.
Rae is 100% she's just pressing and being stupid with the ball. She moving fine.

Any chance of Horston coming back for Ncaa tourney?
I don't think she should comeback but it could happen. I wouldn't want to risk further injury to that elbow which I think takes at least six to eight weeks to heal and that is not counting therapy to use it properly again.

Rae is 100% she's just pressing and being stupid with the ball. She moving fine.
Being 100% doesn’t always mean physically. Basketball is just as much mental as it is physical and an injury like that messes with ur mental game also. She obviously not back 100% mentally and it’s showing

Refs? This was uninspired basketball. The game plan was awful and our 6-7 center didn't feel like being here. The defense was non-existent for the first 20 minutes. It looks like they lost purposely. Terrible basketball.

The problem with Key is she brings the ball down way to much, And when when get`s the ball she offensive moves are slow like she is in slow motion. If you look at 6-7 So Cardoso she never brings the ball down.

Key didn't show up but the inability of Darby to score points hurt us just as much
Didn't you see the open shooters turning down outside shots? You can be sure Kellie told them to get the paint and no more outside shots. Sarah looked right at one with no one guarding her and instead of taking the shot, she put the ball on the floor and drove into traffic and got nothing. I am pretty sure all of the 3 point shots we took came in the first half.

We were throwing the balls out of bounds, coukdnt rebound, key was playing scared with 4 fouls, etc.

Lost to 10-18 auburn team before the injuries. We are the most inconsistent team I’ve ever seen.
I think you’re more upset about not winning. This team played an incredible game. Just couldn’t answer with big plays. We needed playmakers tonight Rae and Dye needed one more big shot play maker and we would have beat this team easily.

KEY can’t get any rhythm, when Kellie takes her out after one foul.

She barely averages 10 pts a game, and probably costs us more than that with how we try to get her the ball and end up with turnovers.

She is not a good finisher unless she has just perfect position. And she has poor hands. She is great on defense, when she decides to play it. But tonight she intentionally did not play defense on several possessions. I would rather her foul out than take herself out of the game like that. Put the onus on the refs.

It's true that the officials don't let her play like the other girls. She is going to go through her whole career never having actually been allowed to play basketball and show what she can do. It really is a tragedy what the officiating has done to her in the SEC. They give Rhyne, who is a lazy and dirty player, every call imaginable, while they let opponents climb Key like a jungle gym. There is no excuse for it.

But it will be interesting to see who the refs choose to screw in the SC game. They absolutely cannot call it straight.

They get to rest and wait on the NCAA tournament. They played sloppy tonight, and we missed Horston for sure.

Reactions: Govols922
I don't think she should comeback but it could happen. I wouldn't want to risk further injury to that elbow which I think takes at least six to eight weeks to heal and that is not counting therapy to use it properly again.

her injury was non surgical i thought that was 3-6 weeks... I guess it all just depends on the person

Being 100% doesn’t always mean physically. Basketball is just as much mental as it is physical and an injury like that messes with ur mental game also. She obviously not back 100% mentally and it’s showing
I'm not making excuses. She's had 18 and 20 point games recently she had a bad game. Fulkerson is an example of not being 100%. Don't make excuses for her because I damn sure bet she wouldn't. She's good, it's a money year for her and naturally she's pressing way too much. She's barely over 20 and looking at fulfilling what I'm sure is a lifelong dream so it's natural.

VN Store

Back