SECT Game Thread: Lady Vols 74 - Kentucky 83

Man lady vols need recruits! It’s tough watching us get outmanned year after year. We need star players who can make plays. Guards with quickness and who will defend and actually hit big shots. We look good just missing those kind of players.
win and they will come?

And when we’re hitting 3s. When we hit them we are final 4 caliber. The problem is there’s less than 1% chance we string together 4 wins to make it back to the final 4. Sweet 16 will be a hell of a run for this team.

No Marta, No Horston, No Green and 3/4 of a Rae does not wreak of a final 4 to me. Some of our underclassmen Ladies will take some good steps next year, get some of these folks back at 100% add a couple of pieces and then maybe we can scare a deep run. Never want to lose, but not sure I wanted to face SC with this cobbled together team.

You lose two players like Horston and Green your in a tough situation no matter who your coach is. Glad to see all our true fans are out tonight to give us their input. Never get their expertise when we win a game.
the negavol troops rally when we lose but are silent when we win. They aren’t true fans

It's just hard watching basketball with 50 missed layups every game. Can't do it anymore. I just watch bits and pieces but it seems every time I watch them in important situations they are losing.

This program has faded. I didn't know they lost several games down the stretch. There aren't that many good teams in the league. I hope they land a difference making player soon or this could be what we see for years to come.

They lost 2 starters in the last couple weeks. That’s hard on any team to overcome. Program hasn’t faded but both player development and coaching have room for improvement…

Key is not an offensive threat, and we need to stop pretending she is.

She should be, but she has not progressed to the point where she is.

We were better when Striplin was in.[/QUOTE
She isn’t a Candace Parker so you have to get her the ball where she can be successful. She could be a threat if we had a great high low game. But man if we could have snoop like players for more than one season! She’s so tough and athletic! Like Dye is the toughness the entire team needs.

You lose two players like Horston and Green your in a tough situation no matter who your coach is. Glad to see all our true fans are out tonight to give us their input. Never get their expertise when we win a game.
I've said walker has been bad for awhile and got flamed for it even during wins. She's really held this team back lately. Our PG play has been avg at best. We have to rely on freshmen bc she is so wildly inconsistent.

She tried to play defense!! They call a foul on her every single time she gets aggressive,!!!!!!

I love the Treasure Hunt flops... i really hope the women adopt the flop rule they r looking at this summer.

TK was tentative but it was because she was in foul trouble all night. Karo showed me something tonite and i think she will be more aggressive next game.

They lost 2 starters in the last couple weeks. That’s hard on any team to overcome. Program hasn’t faded but both player development and coaching have room for improvement…

The program has faded but I agree with the rest of your post. I didn't realize they lost 2 starters until this thread.

No Marta, No Horston, No Green and 3/4 of a Rae does not wreak of a final 4 to me. Some of our underclassmen Ladies will take some good steps next year, get some of these folks back at 100% add a couple of pieces and then maybe we can scare a deep run. Never want to lose, but not sure I wanted to face SC with this cobbled together team.
I agree, this team did the best they could but with so many injuries…we look too different. I hate to see us not at full strength at the end of the season. It really sucks. Like we can be a final four team with the squad we have but it’s going to take more effort than what we’ve shown so far. We match up with most teams in the country except SC

I wouldn't say the LVs are "trash"....just not very good with the injuries. Green and Horston going down killed this team.
We were throwing the balls out of bounds, coukdnt rebound, key was playing scared with 4 fouls, etc.

Lost to 10-18 auburn team before the injuries. We are the most inconsistent team I’ve ever seen.

VN Store

Back