SECT Game Thread: Lady Vols 74 - Kentucky 83

Upsides: The Offense looked better

Downsides: The Defense has maybe a bottom 3 performance of the year.

At least we have clinched hosting but geez, pathetic effort in the last 5 minutes

Key and Walker should have stayed at the hotel and played video games tonight. They did not show up to play this game
That’s the bad coaching I was referring to. Coach Staley sat one of her best players that did not have it tonight. Kellie played hers.

Honestly you can’t be mad at Key. They have too get her the ball early and in the middle where Key is leveled. This isn’t anything new this team could be so much better if they understood that to open the floor up Key must do her work early to allow the drives and kick outs for mid or long range shots.!!!!

Kyra Elzy bout to rethink that slapping her hands and stomping up the court after their loss tomorrow lol

UK scored on 7 of 8 possessions to end the game, that is beyond infuriating
Without Key even pretending to play defense due to having 4 fouls helped a lot. I typically don't question coaching decisions, but why have her on the floor if she won't or can't play defense.

Reactions: zaqhhh
I watch all the games they play on SEC network and any other. Have been following the Lady Vols since Pat Summit days with Chamique Holdslaw
I’m not doubting your fandom… just saying I don’t know many people who watched them play the last month and half who are genuinely shocked by tonight’s result. Any given night this team and can win, OR lose to an inferior team. I’m not shocked when either happens.

Refs? This was uninspired basketball. The game plan was awful and our 6-7 center didn't feel like being here. The defense was non-existent for the first 20 minutes. It looks like they lost purposely. Terrible basketball.

Something is wrong when you got the tallest player on the court and she can't get good looks and finish 1 or 2 buckets.

Too many lower tier players or its Harper. One or the other.

VN Store

Back