Game Thread: (16/14) Lady Vols 54 - (8/8) LSU 57

Darth, I usually (always) refrain from replying to your negative BS, but today the LV WBB team had to play LSU (strong ass team) without Horston, and also Green and with also a less than 100% Rae and they got down big early in the game, but in spite of all the set backs, they fought back from a big deficit and almost won that game…maybe you could show some pride in that effort given the circumstances. You are a tool, CKH has over achieved with what she has had to work with, decimated by injuries to key players all year. Give it a break man.

Weren't you the one who "didn't give a damn" about Mulkey?

This is the same as Tennessee getting its ass kicked by South Carolina but be proud they "only" lost by 14. Save the moral victory lecture. Tennessee had no chance that game, but they should have won today...

They finished 2nd in the SEC, so what does that tell you about the conference?
It tells me that the SEC this season is a good, balanced conference with some really good teams. The only elite team is SC. The same could be said about most conferences this season. Does any conference have more than one elite team?

Or they could play for the better-coached team that won the game... on the road.
They were a more talented team not better coached. If better coached we wouldn't have won the last three quarters. I think they got off to a great start made some perimeter shots and then we adjusted and won the rest of the game. I really don't worry about what you say about Coach Harper not a problem if that is what you believe. You have to hope we don't keep finishing in the top part of the league and regardless you have about five more years to keep posting the same thing about her. Go to it I know what she has done in three seasons here from where we were. I'm just glad we have an AD that knows that also.

Weren't you the one who "didn't give a damn" about Mulkey?

This is the same as Tennessee getting its ass kicked by South Carolina but be proud they "only" lost by 14. Save the moral victory lecture. Tennessee had no chance that game, but they should have won today...
Your schtick is old now Darth, let it go.

Harper has got to fix Burrelll and her terrible shooting. What is with her.? One could wear a blindfold and make 4 of 18 shots. Her shooting has been
consistently awful since she returned to the lineup. Vols simply aren't going to win if she can't improve her shooting--and significantly. Dye's shooting was equally bad. If you play a good team and shoot 32 percent, get out-rebounded, have 8 assists vs. 15 turnovers (There it is again, as it almost always is: lousy A/TO ratio), you're going to get a big, fat L.

Reactions: bobbyutvol
In three seasons she hasn't accomplished what Mulkey has done in one...
Mulkey has done well , but let us not overlook the fact that she had eight seniors on this team. Let us see what she can do next season right now the roster is going to be bare see if she can rebuild it enough in the portal to stay in top of the league. If you like LSU and Mulkey there is a team for you to cheer for. Nobody forcing you to cheer for Tennessee as evidently you don't.

So are we fourth seed now? I am trying to think of positives and maybe getting put out by SC (if we do) would allow our team to rest and heal more for the NCAA tournament. Is there any chance at all Horston could return? I feel like she would have made a huge difference today.

Big games she fades away
Just my opinion, but Darby would be great as a 6th or 7th type player that comes in game and bombs away from 3 land, but let’s be honest here, she is not a legit starting 5 type for a top 4-5 SEC team (defense, athleticism etc) but I know she has a role and can fill it in certain situations, there are others like this on the team, but tbh the heart and soul of the team collectively is huge, hard not to be a fan of this team, they fight so hard.

So are we fourth seed now? I am trying to think of positives and maybe getting put out by SC (if we do) would allow our team to rest and heal more for the NCAA tournament. Is there any chance at all Horston could return? I feel like she would have made a huge difference today.

3 will play winner of UGA and ALA/AUB

Third seed JMO I don't think Horston will be back hope she proves me wrong.

I would think they would be excited to join this team I think they could see they fit in quite well as far as playing time and role.

First thing I ask her after the game is "Do you think you could have gotten us the 3-4 extra pts we needed to win?"

Lots of playing time here and a good record to build off of. You won't get a crowd like that at most other places so it will help build your brand. Perfect match.

VN Store

Back