When Saban Retires...

Volunteer16

Let us remember, Alabama wasn't knocking it out of the park with coaching hires before. They lucked out on Nick Saban.
After this dynasty, there'll be so many huge ego power brokers in Tuscaloosa claiming they know what is needed and likely pulling in multiple different directions.
They are likely to make a lot of mistakes after Saban is gone.
They will have top notch facilities, but whoever gets hired likely won't have full buy in from all boosters and power brokers and will have a huge hill to climb to unite everyone.

Look for Alabama to return to the middle of the pack in the SEC after Saban is gone.

Let's hope that is sooner rather than later.

With the league expansion on the horizon, our POD will probably consist of TN, GA, FL and SC unless SEC swaps KY for FL. We may get to keep Bama as a permanent cross division rival, but probably not. I doubt we ever get the chance to roll off 4-6 consecutive wins in the future

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I just hope we get good fast enough that WE become a big part of the reason he retires.

I mean, I got nothing against Saban except that he's the head coach of that bunch of assclowns called Alabama.

So let's get good, then whup 'em. And then he can retire.

I just hope we get good fast enough that WE become a big part of the reason he retires.

I mean, I got nothing against Saban except that he's the head coach of that bunch of assclowns called Alabama.

So let's get good, then whup 'em. And then he can retire.
I mean he’s 70. I imagine retirement is on the horizon soon but then again they may keep him like Paterno as a figure head until they get their next HC picked.

Reactions: Volatility
Let us remember, Alabama wasn't knocking it out of the park with coaching hires before. They lucked out on Nick Saban.
After this dynasty, there'll be so many huge ego power brokers in Tuscaloosa claiming they know what is needed and likely pulling in multiple different directions.
They are likely to make a lot of mistakes after Saban is gone.
They will have top notch facilities, but whoever gets hired likely won't have full buy in from all boosters and power brokers and will have a huge hill to climb to unite everyone.

Look for Alabama to return to the middle of the pack in the SEC after Saban is gone.

Let's hope that is sooner rather than later.
Kirby has about 25 more years and lots of vol fans were rooting for him to dethrone Saban this year. Enjoy!

Reactions: Doberman
We aren’t beating Bama anytime soon. Even after Saban retires they will still have much more talent than us. Remember Les Miles replaced Saban at LSU and won a national title in his third year with alot of Saban’s players and recruits. Bama won’t hire a Curly Hallman or Mike Dubose type of coach yea it will be extremely tough to be the guy that follows Saban but who ever that next guy is will step into a very very good situation with a ton of talent to work with and grade A facilities. Tennessee needs to worry about beating Florida first and that is achievable this season at home.

There is no way in hell that I would want to come in and coach after Saban retires. You are a dead man walking if you fail to reach the playoffs.

Reactions: tennrich1
When Texas and Oklahoma join, Bama and Auburn will be moved to the East, Mizzou will be moved to the West. UT-Bama and Barn-Dawgs annual rivalries will be cemented. Hold onto this notion and be not perturbed (unless and until it doesn’t come to pass).

VN Store

Back