When Saban Retires...

I think Saban starts to really groom someone to succeed him relatively soon. Don't be surprised to see an "up and coming name" (not a big ego like Jimbo or Lane) come to Bama in a year or two and begin to learn "The Process" and how they can adapt it to their own game.

If Saban pulls in someone like Fickell or Aranda, the time if nigh for him to bow out.

Either way I don’t see us winning in the next 3 years, talent gap is too wide.
Isn’t Sabans contract through 2028? I’m not sure if he’ll actually coach until then, but he could possibly be there another 6 years. You gotta think if he stays until 2026 or 2027 their recruiting will fall off because recruits know he’s about to retire. If we are rolling at that point, that’s where I’d predict for the streak against them to start.

Really hate the idea of pods
Agreed. Just make it two 8 team divisions, move AL and AU to the East, move Mizzou to the west, and have two rotating west opponents each year. This gives you 10 SEC games and 2 OOC games. This preserves our yearly rival with Bama, brings back our yearly rival with Auburn, every player who stays for at least 4 years will get to face every SEC opponent at least once plus it forces AL, GA, AU, and FL to have to all play each other every year. Not to mention that it restores yearly rival games such as Mizzou vs Oklahoma and Mizzou vs Texas.

Last edited:
It was warranted. Obviously you don’t know why we aren’t extremely active in the portal right now.

Speculation on your part Junior.

Perhaps you also missed Neyor to UTjr.

Seems there was room for him here wasn't there.

But we lost him.

It was warranted. Obviously you don’t know why we aren’t extremely active in the portal right now.

Pure speculation on your part Junior. Did you not see us lose Neyor to UT? You claim we're not picking up portal players because we don't have space. How did we have space for Neyor then but we don't have space for others now?

Mhmm.

Similarly the Longhorns are paying each of their offensive lineman $50,000 a year. Show me a link suggesting that we are doing the same.

Mhmmm. That's what I thought.

Take your rose colored glasses off Junior and smell the coffee. Texas teams are roasting us.

Pure speculation on your part Junior. Did you not see us lose Neyor to UT? You claim we're not picking up portal players because we don't have space. How did we have space for Neyor then but we don't have space for others now?

Mhmm.

Similarly the Longhorns are paying each of their offensive lineman $50,000 a year. Show me a link suggesting that we are doing the same.

Mhmmm. That's what I thought.

Take your rose colored glasses off Junior and smell the coffee. Texas teams are roasting us.

And Verse. We also tried to get Verse. But Donde Plowman. 🙄

Isn’t Sabans contract through 2028? I’m not sure if he’ll actually coach until then, but he could possibly be there another 6 years. You gotta think if he stays until 2026 or 2027 their recruiting will fall off because recruits know he’s about to retire. If we are rolling at that point, that’s where I’d predict for the streak against them to start.
The last year - 2028 was added for recruiting purposes. He probably stays a few more years until he gets one more national championship to pass Bear at bummer. Pad his little man ego.

Reactions: RockyTop140
There is too big a talent gap to worry about Bama or UGA right now. We're competing with the UK's, SC Jr's of the SEC right now, our talent is more their level. Saban will leave the shelves pretty stocked when he does leave.. Have to catch Bama on that 1 out of 10 times right now..

They have nowhere to go but down.

But, there is an entire apparatus and support structure that exists at Alabama that does not exist in most places that plays a big role in their success
That's the whole deal that most don't get.. Saban is great, but without that structure and we won't get into specifics, I think we both know how that works.. That is what has to erode before Bama falls very far..

The Debil made me do dis. He whispered in my err dat Tinninnsea don catch breaks, no suh, wes jus get broken whether by durty refs uh just plane flat bad luk.
NickNews.jpg

Possible. Need a drastic turnaround before we can compete with them for a whole game. We’re always thin and undertalented when we play them.

Reactions: RockyTop140
We aren’t beating Bama anytime soon. Even after Saban retires they will still have much more talent than us. Remember Les Miles replaced Saban at LSU and won a national title in his third year with alot of Saban’s players and recruits. Bama won’t hire a Curly Hallman or Mike Dubose type of coach yea it will be extremely tough to be the guy that follows Saban but who ever that next guy is will step into a very very good situation with a ton of talent to work with and grade A facilities. Tennessee needs to worry about beating Florida first and that is achievable this season at home.

With the transfer portal I could say a ton of players bailing after Saban’s last year and potential the year after if they don’t like the new coach. I’m not predicting a quick demise of their program but it’s much more possible now.

With the transfer portal I could say a ton of players bailing after Saban’s last year and potential the year after if they don’t like the new coach. I’m not predicting a quick demise of their program but it’s much more possible now.
God I hope your right those turds need to take a couple of steps back

I think Lane Kiffin will get that job. No one else will want to follow Saban and Bama will consider itself too good for many others. In the end, they’ll settle on Kiffin, who has the ego not to care about following a Giant.

Honestly I think Kiffin can win in AL and you're right. His ego is big enough to not care
If Saban retires and leave while still having top talent Kiffin will still keep them in the hunt

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

I think the portal is gonna take a major tweak before be retires

Yep the Tuscaloosa Bama mafia that basically owns the police force down there will keep them at the top or near it after Saban leaves by all means possible, extortion, money laundering, blackmail and bribery even murder you name it they are insanely dedicated to their Bama football and screw everything else. Sometimes I wish we had that dedication in Knoxville about our football program.
Geez, dude. Wishing for a football death cartel? Hoping there was blue font there.

You Kiffin-fetishers be prepared to watch your hero implode at Ole Miss. His brother just jumped ship and Monte can’t bail him out anymore. Bama will slowly unravel following Sabin and yes it will get ugly. Very ugly. Uglier than Paul Finebaum.

When Texas and Oklahoma join, Bama and Auburn will be moved to the East, Mizzou will be moved to the West. UT-Bama and Barn-Dawgs annual rivalries will be cemented. Hold onto this notion and be not perturbed (unless and until it doesn’t come to pass).

West will be garbage if they do that. One might move but both won’t.

VN Store

Back