When Saban Retires...

West will be garbage if they do that. One might move but both won’t.
So, you’re saying Texas, Oklahoma, TAMU, LSU will be the Powder Puff girls of the SEC, and Arky, Ol’ Miss, Miss State, and Mizzou are conference “fillers…”

When Texas and Oklahoma join, Bama and Auburn will be moved to the East, Mizzou will be moved to the West. UT-Bama and Barn-Dawgs annual rivalries will be cemented. Hold onto this notion and be not perturbed (unless and until it doesn’t come to pass).
Assuming you're saying OK and TX will be in the West, why would Missouri move? Then you will have uneven divisions.

This is the truest statement I will read today..... Good news is it appears we are finally starting to do just that.
Hiring Danny was a good start and so far it’s been ok. No idea if the idiots stay out of the way though. Having the chancellor controlling the purse strings of the athletic department is never a good thing though, having a BOT controlled solely by one person is also usually not good. Here’s hoping they can all get on the same page and pull the same direction though, our current AD seems the most qualified to get people to do that as any we’ve had in a couple of decades

Reactions: GoVols64
Yep the Tuscaloosa Bama mafia that basically owns the police force down there will keep them at the top or near it after Saban leaves by all means possible, extortion, money laundering, blackmail and bribery even murder you name it they are insanely dedicated to their Bama football and screw everything else. Sometimes I wish we had that dedication in Knoxville about our football program.

If they own the police, why did the DC get a DUI recently?

Let us remember, Alabama wasn't knocking it out of the park with coaching hires before. They lucked out on Nick Saban.
After this dynasty, there'll be so many huge ego power brokers in Tuscaloosa claiming they know what is needed and likely pulling in multiple different directions.
They are likely to make a lot of mistakes after Saban is gone.
They will have top notch facilities, but whoever gets hired likely won't have full buy in from all boosters and power brokers and will have a huge hill to climb to unite everyone.

Look for Alabama to return to the middle of the pack in the SEC after Saban is gone.

Let's hope that is sooner rather than later.

You're the first one to ever say or think this!🙄🙄..Good job!

What top level coach would want to follow Saban? The bar is set so high you could never keep the fan base happy. Dabo can stay at Clemson as long as he wants to, easy road to playoffs. No reason to leave there and follow Saban. He already makes almost as much $ as Saban and he has a special clause in his contract that the buyout for AL is $10M and he agreed to that.

Don't know if AL would hire an up and coming coach or go for the top but you really want to be following the guy who follows Saban and gets fired.

Last edited:
Since I live in AL I remember AL fans telling me after Pruitt's 2nd season that he was now on top of the list of candidates to replace Saban. Now I keep reminding them that he is still available. It's not as funny to them, ha ha.

If they own the police, why did the DC get a DUI recently?

Lol. They don’t own the police. Some TN fans think that Saban runs the state of Bama and has the mythical power to get away with everything. It’s sad and stupid at the same time.

When a successful coach retires or leaves.....typically the following season is still a decent winning season.

But the start of Year 2 for a new coach after a successful one is when the rubber meets the road and you begin to see where the program is headed. Urban Meyer had tremendous success at Florida. Year after he's gone, Muschamp steps in to 11-2 season with an Orange Bowl appearance.

But Year 2? Gators were 4-8....

VN Store

Back