Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course. I'm literally talking competitive balance on here everyday. I'm talking what's legal. SCOTUS laid it down, it is what it is for now.

But suddenly forcing these kids (of all kids) to pay scholarship on their own has nothing to do with competitive balance. It just feels like singling out and punishing THESE kids out of everyone. That's what's garbage.
I'm not talking specifically about the scholarship thing..it seems like all you do is applaud all this insane 💩. If I misunderstand you....I apologize.

I agree...I will always be a Vol no matter what, but we will always be outgunned by a hefty margin from here on out imo...unless something is done to make things more fair...which guys like Devo are bound and determined should never happen.
No need to put words in my mouth. I've literally been on here wringing over ideas to curtail it...within boundaries of what's legal and still fair to the earners.

No need to act like I want a wild wild west just because I don't agree with your complete opposite take.

I'm not talking specifically about the scholarship thing..it seems like all you do is applaud all this insane 💩. If I misunderstand you....I apologize.
I think something should have happened decades ago. Doesn't mean this is the end-all situation or 100% positive. But the old way wasn't right AT ALL, either. It was downright unAmerican to its core and disgusting.

The NCAA brought it upon us all. Now we're here...things will improve at some point, will take time. Don't think anyone, but the Texas schools, wants an uncapped market free-for-all. I'm all for competitive balance, anti-sankey and SEC/regional hegemony, anti-same teams every year. And this isn't a positive end game, but the other was downright wrong, so here we are.

It's really cool that they are showing featured groups playing Monterey Penninsula GC this time on ESPN+...all those Seventeen Mile Drive courses are sooo beautiful. The place blew my mind when we visited in early Oct, which is amazing considering how high my expectations were.

The FF decrying our class when we still have a handful of guys to add post-Spring 😒😑😶😐

Guess they were expecting top 10 after 3 wins...10 months to build 2-3 year relationships...NCAA camping out...and with 5-7 more guys still left to add 😭

VN should have a constitutional meeting and separate from the FF officially.

haven't we been outgunned by a hefty margin for the past 15 or so years anyway?
Uhmm yeah...you know I was hoping that could change at some point..weren't you? All this wild west crap means is we are always going to be outmanned vs the big spenders forever....unless something is done to stop it.

The FF decrying our class when we still have a handful of guys to add post-Spring 😒😑😶😐

Guess they were expecting top 10 after 3 wins...10 months to build 2-3 year relationships...NCAA camping out...and with 5-7 more guys still left to add 😭

VN should have a constitutional meeting and separate from the FF officially.
It's hard for people to get excited about hypothetical guys being added months before we even know what kind of talent will even be in the portal at that time.

Reactions: VolNash17
I think something should have happened decades ago. Doesn't mean this is the end-all situation or 100% positive. But the old way wasn't right AT ALL, either. It was downright unAmerican to its core and disgusting.

The NCAA brought it upon us all. Now we're here...things will improve at some point, will take time. Don't think anyone, but the Texas schools, wants an uncapped market free-for-all. I'm all for competitive balance, anti-sankey and SEC/regional hegemony, anti-same teams every year. And this isn't a positive end game, but the other was downright wrong, so here we are.
Amateur athletics are disgusting? Playing for love of game and place is disgusting? It's not my fault you think playing for an insanely expensive education is not enough.

When do you suppose HS players should start getting a payday because a HS coach makes a lot of money, and the school has a $65 million dollar stadium?

Reactions: tnvols72
Amateur athletics are disgusting? Playing for love of game and place is disgusting? It's not my fault you think playing for an insanely expensive education is not enough.

When do you suppose HS players should start getting a payday because a HS coach makes a lot of money, and the school has a $65 million dollar stadium?
You know what I meant. Not being able to earn your own side income AT ALL. That was always unAmerican and insane. And apparently not legal (shocker).

I'm done. Not going to down this rabbit hole 😁 Going to watch a good Mafia movie...apparently a modern classic and the anti-Godfather and Scarface (Gomorrah), have some hot soup, and hope Covid is almost done with me.

From an article in the Chattanooga Times Free Press:

After speaking with Coach Rankin earlier, he said, "Make it clear, I'm resigning at Alcoa, not retiring from coaching. Wherever I coach again it'll be somewhere close to the Chattanooga area because I have family around there.
“I have one son and a grandbaby living in Chattanooga and another who's in Murfreesboro, so my wife and I would love to go be somewhere closer to both of them."
@Orange Studs did your school bid high enough to get him?

It happens now and you're naïve if you think otherwise. I was told a kid's parent that I know was offered a well paying job and a place to live to attend a school in Williamson County. It's happened for years. He stayed at his high school to stay with his friends and won Mr. Football.

Reactions: JacketVol
From an article in the Chattanooga Times Free Press:

After speaking with Coach Rankin earlier, he said, "Make it clear, I'm resigning at Alcoa, not retiring from coaching. Wherever I coach again it'll be somewhere close to the Chattanooga area because I have family around there.
“I have one son and a grandbaby living in Chattanooga and another who's in Murfreesboro, so my wife and I would love to go be somewhere closer to both of them."
It's crazy to think about this many years later, but back in the late 70/s. me. my brother and cousin used to go to the gym and work out some with Gary

DUIs should be treated dang near the same as vehicular manslaughter.

Only by pure luck they didn't kill someone. A mere roll of the dice by the universe.

These days most DUIs are those regular folks wouldn't consider drunk. The legal limits have been lowered that much and in some states you can simply be declared intoxicated by an officer without any evidence or even road side test. It's far more complex than just the drunk who gets plastered every night and drives like a maniac which should face consequences like you're saying.

Looks like entrants one and two in the VN Royal Rumble (sponsored by and held at Waffle House) will be McGill and Devo.

:)
Don't want nothing to do with Bubba Escobar in a fist fight. Probably show up with brass knuckles and thumbtacks. Meanwhile I'm just throwing mayo bottles and flapjacks at his old ***.

These days most DUIs are those regular folks wouldn't consider drunk. The legal limits have been lowered that much and in some states you can simply be declared intoxicated by an officer without any evidence or even road side test. It's far more complex than just the drunk who gets plastered every night and drives like a maniac which should face consequences like you're saying.
Well, then put em in tiers I suppose. If you're seriously sloshed, there really is no difference except pure luck.

But in the days of Ubers, I have far less sympathy for all buzzed drivers. There's literally no excuse these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back