Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, then put em in tiers I suppose. If you're seriously sloshed, there really is no difference except pure luck.

But in the days of Ubers, I have far less sympathy for all buzzed drivers. There's literally no excuse these days.

I agree with you there. There should be tiers for the offense. We do it with all sorts of crimes and DUI should be treated similarly - intention, speed, how the person is actually driving, prior history, level etc. should all matter in terms of the consequences. Someone who has a drink after work and is only a tiny bit over the limit but otherwise driving ok shouldn't be treated the same as someone driving like a maniac. I'd even say that if the maniac was barely over the limit he or she should face tougher consequences than someone at a higher intoxication level who isn't driving like a maniac. Also, someone passed out behind the wheel in a parking lot shouldn't face the same consequence as the one on the road.

It's tricky but it could be done in a sane way.

Now they want to fire Heupel if we don't beat UF in the next 2 seasons.

Just save your time and don't visit that hole 😭

He's gonna be on my **** list if he doesn't beat UF next year. Zero excuses. Period. Some years they were just the flat out better team, but many years over the past 17 or so, we've loss to them when they were horrible. Heupel can't allow that trend to continue. He's gotta win next year. Then from there it has to a bare minimum be a back and forth series.

Tony Vitello is one of the best interviews out there. I really like his press conferences because it's not just coach speak. He answers every question truthfully with no BS. Our baseball program is in great shape with Tony at the helm. I would love to be able to see a game in person but that's not gonna happen unless they play somewhere close to Dallas.

1) Are there 4* PWOs?

2) Same kid could prob snag a scholarship, not have the stigma of being a walkon (no baller wants to be considered just a walkon), plus NiL elsewhere

Even IF both were true, don't see many boosters ponying up such a premium and outpaying the market at such a rate for long
1. There aren’t yet but if a place like A&M can throw that kind of cash around why not pay a kid $25,000 more a year than Miss St. and be a walk on?

2. Would you turn down an extra $25k a year just to not have that stigma? I bet most won’t care and just go to the highest bidder.

I'm no lawyer, but if Haslam wasn't cashing in his own wager with the tanking, I don't think that's illegal.
I don't think that part is illegal...

But I would imagine the Gaming industry and their TV partners would have something to say to the NFL if one of their franchises was tossing games. All of that is obviously outside of a courtroom, but still something that could turn up the heat by quite a bit.

Reactions: drvenner
He's gonna be on my **** list if he doesn't beat UF next year. Zero excuses. Period. Some years they were just the flat out better team, but many years over the past 17 or so, we've loss to them when they were horrible. Heupel can't allow that trend to continue. He's gotta win next year. Then from there it has to a bare minimum be a back and forth series.
They are a year removed from being East champs, 11 wins, 10 wins...

That's not exactly equal footing or "no excuses" territory considering one anomalous year where they finished one whole game behind us.

I would agree it's the best shot we'll have had in a while. But far from "zero excuses"...they aren't Vanderbilt.

We sure do need to make it competitive and not beating them in the next few years would be disappointing. But as long as we're reeling off 7+ wins, we need to give Heupel plenty of time. I'm done with playing roulette when we clearly have a good on at the helm.

Last edited:
You know what I meant. Not being able to earn your own side income AT ALL. That was always unAmerican and insane. And apparently not legal (shocker).

I'm done. Not going to down this rabbit hole 😁 Going to watch a good Mafia movie...apparently a modern classic and the anti-Godfather and Scarface (Gomorrah), have some hot soup, and hope Covid is almost done with me.
Sorry...this crap just unnerves me. This game should be played by amateurs playing for a scholarship and a school they love..players that agree to the restrictions which were meant to keep cheaters from paying players to play for their school by pretending they were getting paid for a real part time job...

I personally wish the f'n NFL would start a f'n minor league for the mercenaries just play for money...I would love for them to make everything they can sucker out of the fools.

I would never watch the minor league, and I would still be a Vol and watch them, go to Vol games, and buy Vol merch even if all the better players signed pro contracts, and we were all using lower talent level players.

I don't like pro team sports.

1. There aren’t yet but if a place like A&M can throw that kind of cash around why not pay a kid $25,000 more a year than Miss St. and be a walk on?

2. Would you turn down an extra $25k a year just to not have that stigma? I bet most won’t care and just go to the highest bidder.
Well I sure wouldn't care for 25k lol.

But I always remember Jashon Robertson and how ashamed he seemed to be for being a mere blueshirt. I've also seen other guys (forget who it was now) on Twitter PROCLAIMING very out loud they were not walkons (that guy was also a blueshirt).

It definitely seems to be a major point of pride, but you could be right...depends on the price. I just feel others would be able to match +/- the difference in a scholarship value...so the premium cost would be too much for most but yeah never doubt a TAMU overspender either...

Tony Vitello is one of the best interviews out there. I really like his press conferences because it's not just coach speak. He answers every question truthfully with no BS. Our baseball program is in great shape with Tony at the helm. I would love to be able to see a game in person but that's not gonna happen unless they play somewhere close to Dallas.

I know it’s not super close, but they’re playing in Houston a month from now.

It happens now and you're naïve if you think otherwise. I was told a kid's parent that I know was offered a well paying job and a place to live to attend a school in Williamson County. It's happened for years. He stayed at his high school to stay with his friends and won Mr. Football.
And that is disgusting.

1) Are there 4* PWOs?

2) Same kid could prob snag a scholarship, not have the stigma of being a walkon (no baller wants to be considered just a walkon), plus NiL elsewhere

Even IF both were true, don't see many boosters ponying up such a premium and outpaying the market at such a rate for long
I don't think Navy Shuler cares one bit about being a walk-on at UT

Cypress Point
That is the Lone Cypress, which is the logo of Pebble Beach, you can not see much of Cypress Point GC from the road, but we could see a lot of Spyglass Hill, Monterey Peninsula and Spanish Bay...you drive right through a lot of those courses on Seventeen Mile Drive.

As a whole, it is the most beautiful golf property I have ever seen.

We actually walked around the first tee and practice green at Pebble for a little while....I wanted to walk down to the area behind the eighteenth, but my knees were killing me by that time. Earlier in the day we had walked all over Point Lobos state park, and Carmel and got out at a lot of the turnouts on Seventeen mile drive, so I was beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back