Tom Brady.....even better than I thought he was.

They seem to be sticking with the “Brady Retiring” story.

They even have an “open letter” to Brady, despite all the reports saying he hasn’t made up his mind.

I’m not a big Brady guy, but if he feels pressured to retire after ESPN leaked all this, that’s pretty crappy for him to go out like that.

Reactions: MAD
They even have an “open letter” to Brady, despite all the reports saying he hasn’t made up his mind.

I’m not a big Brady guy, but if he feels pressured to retire after ESPN leaked all this, that’s pretty crappy for him to go out like that.

Why would he feel pressure to retire just because it was mis-reported?

I think this is an ESPN f-up, not Brady pulling a Favre. Brady, nor any of his people, ever said anything.
I bet someone did say something off the record and they can’t reveal the source,otherwise why would ESPN go all in?

I bet someone did say something off the record and they can’t reveal the source,otherwise why would ESPN go all in?
I mean, it guess it is possible someone from Brady's camp said something off the record, but either they were wrong or ESPN misinterpreted what the source said. It does seem to be established now that Brady told his GM he hasn't made a decision yet, and his agent said he hasn't made up his mind, so it would seem reasonable for them to back off their original report even if it came from a trusted source. Either the source is wrong, or they took something the source said and went too far with it.

Regardless it seems like somebody along the chain of communication really effed up.

Last edited:
Reactions: DocVOLiday and MAD
Aren't the Bucs going to be ravaged by the salary cap? If true, I don't see Brady sticking around.

Aren't the Bucs going to be ravaged by the salary cap? If true, I don't see Brady sticking around.
They have around $8 million in cap space. Of course they can rework some contracts to get more. Hey would certainly lose a couple of key pieces. Chris Godwin, Ryan Jensen, JPP, and Suh are all free agents. They could probably create enough space to bring back JPP and Jensen.

My working theories:

Brady told the Bucs he's retiring, asked them to keep it quiet, all with the intention that if the right opportunity arises, he can recant and possibly ask for a trade. Bucs didn't know about that last part and somebody from the Bucs leaked it.

Or

Brady had this leaked to Schefter because he doesn't like Schefter and he wanted to embarrass him. Brady is not retiring.

Or

Brady is retiring but wants his $15M roster bonus that kicks in soon.

My working theories:

Brady told the Bucs he's retiring, asked them to keep it quiet, all with the intention that if the right opportunity arises, he can recant and possibly ask for a trade. Bucs didn't know about that last part and somebody from the Bucs leaked it.

Or

Brady had this leaked to Schefter because he doesn't like Schefter and he wanted to embarrass him. Brady is not retiring.

Or

Brady is retiring but wants his $15M roster bonus that kicks in soon.

I can’t tell you how bad I want the second scenario to be true. Unfortunately, the truth is likely boring and has something to do with that bonus.

Retirement officially announced by Brady. Boring!

I wouldn't say boring.

Brady thanked all kinds of people but I found this interesting:

The 44-year-old thanked several members of the Bucs organization in addition to his personal trainer/business partner Alex Guerrero, his agent, Don Yee, and his family, but not Patriots owner Robert Kraft, head coach Bill Belichick or any member of the New England organization.

It's official: Tom Brady announces NFL retirement with IG statement

How do you thank your coach of 2 yrs and not Belichick and the New England Patriots?

Good for him, he has nothing left to prove. He has every record including all the most important records - SB/postseason records.
I saw this list the other day:

QB Playoff wins:
Brady - 35
Montana - 16
Bradshaw - 14
Manning - 14
Elway - 14

Nobody is even a close second. Brady was the ultimate winner and competitor, I will miss watching him play.

I love how this went:

Media: "Brady is retiring."

Brady: "Um.....I have not made up my mind."

1 Day Later
Brady: "Ok....yeah I'm retiring."

Good for him, he has nothing left to prove. He has every record including all the most important records - SB/postseason records.
I saw this list the other day:

QB Playoff wins:
Brady - 35
Montana - 16
Bradshaw - 14
Manning - 14
Elway - 14

Nobody is even a close second. Brady was the ultimate winner and competitor, I will miss watching him play.

I’d be lying if I said I will miss him. Agree, his TEAMs won a lot of games.

VN Store

Back