Tom Brady.....even better than I thought he was.

Well with all this hoopla about Brady coming out
of retirement it all boils down to one thing,, you
either love the guy or loathe him. Doesn't seem
to be any middle ground.

I would say I'm middle ground. I always root against him but I find him likable and I have no problem giving him his flowers.

Well with all this hoopla about Brady coming out
of retirement it all boils down to one thing,, you
either love the guy or loathe him. Doesn't seem
to be any middle ground.

I’m definitely middle ground. I couldn’t stand him most of his career, but I’ve lightened up a great deal over the latter part of his career, mostly out of sheer respect for his longevity and success.

I don’t love the guy by any means, but I’ve come to believe that like 95% of the hate he gets is pure sour grapes.

Brady can win the big games.

Yeah, but he also has a couple of the biggest choke jobs of all time. He lost to Eli Manning 2x in the SB and he had the better team.

We play the results too much and then ascribe qualities to the players based on the results. Brady is the man. He is the GOAT. He has the best resume, easily. But you can replay his football career in a million multiverses, and this is his best career by a mile. He did it. He deserves the credit. But you could change about 6 plays in his career and he only has a couple SB's and nobody thinks of him as Mr. Clutch. Same exact player. Same exact qualities. But in this universe, for example, Dee Ford didn't line up offsides, so Brady didn't even get to SB LIII.

Bill Simmons was talking about the quarterback drought we had and I got to thinking it probably had a lot to do with Brady's success in the 2010's. His longevity allowed him to dominate a league that was down. Between 2006 and 2016, the best QB's drafted were:

Andrew Luck
Russell Wilson
Matthew Stafford
Cam Newton
Matt Ryan
Joe Flacco
Dak Prescott
Kirk Cousins

That's probably 4 hall of famers, but none of them are arguably even tier 3. That's pretty horrendous for an 11-year period. For comparison, check out the previous 11 years:

Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers
Eli Manning
Big Ben
Phillip Rivers
Donovan McNabb
Carson Palmer
Michael Vick
Steve McNair
Alex Smith

Brady is tier 1 by himself, and Manning, Brees, and Rodgers are all tier 2. Manning and Big Ben are arguably tier 3.

Last edited:
Bill Simmons was talking about the quarterback drought we had and I got to thinking it probably had a lot to do with Brady's success in the 2010's. His longevity allowed him to dominate a league that was down. Between 2006 and 2016, the best QB's drafted were:

Andrew Luck
Russell Wilson
Matthew Stafford
Cam Newton
Matt Ryan
Joe Flacco
Dak Prescott
Kirk Cousins

That's probably 4 hall of famers, but none of them are arguably even tier 3. That's pretty horrendous for an 11-year period. For comparison, check out the previous 11 years:

Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers
Eli Manning
Big Ben
Phillip Rivers
Donovan McNabb
Carson Palmer
Michael Vick
Steve McNair
Alex Smith

Brady is tier 1 by himself, and Manning, Brees, and Rodgers are all tier 2. Manning and Big Ben are arguably tier 3.

In your group of QB's drafted from 2006 to 2016, I don't see 4 Hall of Famers. I currently see only 2 - Russell Wilson (but having a horrific year this year) and Matthew Stafford.

In your group of QB's drafted from 1994 to 2005, I would say:
Brady is Tier 1
Peyton and Drew Brees are Tier 2
Big Ben (2 Super Bowl Rings) and Aaron Rodgers (1 Super Bowl Ring and generally overrated by most people) are Tier 3
Eli Manning is Tier 4 (2 Super Bowl wins, but a lot of missed playoffs and a number of years leading the NFL in INT's).

In your group of QB's drafted from 2006 to 2016, I don't see 4 Hall of Famers. I currently see only 2 - Russell Wilson (but having a horrific year this year) and Matthew Stafford.

In your group of QB's drafted from 1994 to 2005, I would say:
Brady is Tier 1
Peyton and Drew Brees are Tier 2
Big Ben (2 Super Bowl Rings) and Aaron Rodgers (1 Super Bowl Ring and generally overrated by most people) are Tier 3
Eli Manning is Tier 4 (2 Super Bowl wins, but a lot of missed playoffs and a number of years leading the NFL in INT's).

Yeah, I don't feel too strongly about our differences. Definitely debatable.

I will say, I think if you put Eli with the best organization in all of American sports with Cowher and Tomlin and those teams, his career is completely different. His career was up and down because the Giants were up and down.

The fact of the matter is Eli won 2 SB's playing on teams that should have had a total of 0 titles.

Tom is finally starting to look closer to his actual age...he may come to regret losing the super model wife for the next 40 years over this 2022 Tampa Bay Bucs season.
Long term, I doubt he will even miss the fruitcake. Looks aren't everything.

Tom is finally starting to look closer to his actual age...he may come to regret losing the super model wife for the next 40 years over this 2022 Tampa Bay Bucs season.

It's pretty much how he looked his last year in New England. He'd probably still look great if Bucs were an awesome team. It seems running Arians off was a bad idea

Undeniably Geno Smith is having a great season with the Seahawks, and this season he is better than the Goat AKA Tom Terrific aka Tom Brady.

This is Belichick's 10th season as head coach without Brady as his starting QB. (1991-1995, 2000, 2008, 2020-2022)

75-82, no division titles.

1-2 playoff record.

Three years after Brady left and they still don't have anyone worth a damn on the offensive side of the ball. The leading receiver (receptions) for the Patriots is Rhamondre Stevenson.

They've had three years of drafts and FA to do something and this is what they have.

Reactions: firestorm

I do enjoy that Skip Bayless kept giving excuses to Sharpe for Tom Brady stinking this season or bringing up he’s been great in past seasons.

VN Store

Back