Edie Darby commits to Tennessee

Those projections for Rae may change based on performance. I hope not for her, but could be.

I think the team will be just fine next year if we can fill needs reasonably through the portal or late recruit. Need PG and a big.
Rae's performance tonight shows the merit the projection that she will be a first rounder. And I believe that the LVs will pick up a player or two for next year from the transfer portal.

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 Why can't we get some big time recruits to commit to us. I can't find any recruiting info on Edie, so she can't be highly rated.

Was that our last ship for the year?

Why do we get such stupid questions in abundance? I know I know, every program has people with stupid questions, but still.

Was that our last ship for the year?

Why do we get such stupid questions in abundance? I know I know, every program has people with stupid questions, but still.
You know the answer to that, so you coming back at me doesn't change the fact UT Lady Vols haven't had a commit since JP. How long ago was that? You clearly know all the facts. What other elite program outside of UT has been without a commit for that long? It's a legitimate concern, or at least it for me it is. Sure Kellie and staff have the portal and can still grab some '22 recruits, I still don't understand while other elite recruits aren't lining up to play for Kellie.

Reactions: vettefool
You know the answer to that, so you coming back at me doesn't change the fact UT Lady Vols haven't had a commit since JP. How long ago was that? You clearly know all the facts. What other elite program outside of UT has been without a commit for that long? It's a legitimate concern, or at least it for me it is. Sure Kellie and staff have the portal and can still grab some '22 recruits, I still don't understand while other elite recruits aren't lining up to play for Kellie.

Way to early to be lamenting about this next group of player acquisitions. We can step up in class if we finish up strong. Not so much if we don't. Elimination of the head scratching games or even stretches within games is really important. The trajectory is good regardless, but a steeper slope on the diagram would add some credibility she needs to be able to put out there for the elite.

Edie comes from a great family. Her work ethic and court performance should speak for her. Let’s welcome her
Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't the Darby sisters be the first sister act in the long, storied history of LadyVol basketball. If they are, it's something they can truly be honored and proud of. If it's true, they will always be remembered in LadyVol trivia because of it.

Reactions: Vol Farmer
5’8 is not small lol but she looks small lol need to see her in person maybe the camera is doing no favors to her on her height
watch greenfield yellow jackets vs peabody on youtube dec 2021 edia does not small in that game. she hits two threes. peabody broadcasters does the game so good video not on phone.

Last edited:
No, I know that, she was an extremely talented recruit. I believe UT was talking to her at one point. She just never seemed to bloom at UCONN. Had some sort of mild injury and went back to one of the AZ schools and had a mediocre career.
ASU where she is second all time in career 3 pointers in only 2 years. Holds the ASU record for 3's in a game with 8. She's now a lawyer in Az. She did something unique in her senior year of high school. She quit her team and hired some individual coaches to help her work on strength and skills. She's one of the reasons I don't put a lot of faith in skills coaching. I think the speed of the D1 game was too much for her and she became passed over early in her UConn career.

ASU where she is second all time in career 3 pointers in only 2 years. Holds the ASU record for 3's in a game with 8. She's now a lawyer in Az. She did something unique in her senior year of high school. She quit her team and hired some individual coaches to help her work on strength and skills. She's one of the reasons I don't put a lot of faith in skills coaching. I think the speed of the D1 game was too much for her and she became passed over early in her UConn career.

Yeah, she was a shooter. Not like she lit the world on fire.

ASU is maybe the worst 3 point shooting team in the PAC-12 historically as well.

If Darby can be a Langerman type player she’ll be an asset for us. Langerman is undersized and under athletic for this league but she plays so hard she makes up for it. Plays great defense for Arkansas and gets after it on the glass. She had 6 boards last night just moving into open space and getting loose balls.

anyway peabody game you see her agaist other players. and looks might have grown some this last fall to winter.

Based on the picture of her and Kellie it looks like she is 5’7”-5’8”. Kellie is 5’10” and a good couple inches taller.

Really don’t think there is anything wrong with having a couple shorter players on the roster they provide something we don’t have often. Plus against big, slow teams she’ll have great matchups.

My favorite thing about her is her low turnovers. Just really seems like she takes good care of the basketball. Miles is a low turnover player as well, we’re going to see that number improve over the next few years.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't the Darby sisters be the first sister act in the long, storied history of LadyVol basketball. If they are, it's something they can truly be honored and proud of. If it's true, they will always be remembered in LadyVol trivia because of it.

I remember the Cannon sisters (Amanda and Abby) who I think were both walk-ons in the early 2000s, but I don't think they were on the roster at the same time.

If Darby can be a Langerman type player she’ll be an asset for us. Langerman is undersized and under athletic for this league but she plays so hard she makes up for it. Plays great defense for Arkansas and gets after it on the glass. She had 6 boards last night just moving into open space and getting loose balls.
she moves well. watch peabody game

VN Store

Back