Edie Darby commits to Tennessee

Courtney Elmark or Elkmark. She wasn't a walkon though...pretty sure she was a McD AA or if not, fairly high ranked. Did well at ASU from what I recall.

No, I know that, she was an extremely talented recruit. I believe UT was talking to her at one point. She just never seemed to bloom at UCONN. Had some sort of mild injury and went back to one of the AZ schools and had a mediocre career.

A scholarship next year is a definite possibility. Many walk-ons earn their scholarships. Just wondering why not this year if there is one available.

It's a good question, and leads to other questions. Right now, we have 14 scholly players. Assuming Rae, Keyen, Dye, and Walker move on, and after adding Pissott, then we have 11 taken for next year, leaving us four to give. Or, if Walker and/ or Rae stay, that gives us three or only two to give. Kellie likes the number thirteen, but she might go higher if she can get what she wants. Long way around the barn to say that she is likely valuing every one of her available schollys, either because she knows one or two of Rae/Walker will be back, or because she thinks she is going to get what she wants in the transfer portal, or both, and that's why she didn't give Edie one at this time.

No, I know that, she was an extremely talented recruit. I believe UT was talking to her at one point. She just never seemed to bloom at UCONN. Had some sort of mild injury and went back to one of the AZ schools and had a mediocre career.
She was also buried in the depth chart at UConn. That was during the time that Geno was recruiting a ton of 5'10-6'0 shooting guards and most of them transferred (Elkmark, Combs, Gordon, AEH). Not sure I'd agree she had a mediocre career there. ASU wasn't very good, but she was a starter and one of their leading scorers.

I have watched a lot of high school and turnovers are much higher there than in college basketball. I agree that defenses in colleges and the SEC are much better compared to high school, Burt when you find a player who has fewer turnovers in high school, you can expect them to protect the ball better as they advance in their sport. However, I tend to look for the positive side of people and wait for them to demonstrate that they do not measure up to the standards.
Just because I said I would have to see it to believe it doesn’t mean I’m negatively speaking about her, and yet still have an opinion like anyone else. They’re are players who took care of the ball fairly well at the college level but got worse at it at the pro level. This board can be so sensitive at times. It’s okay for everyone to express their feelings, if not then what’s the point. I prefer to wait and see with almost all the recruits now because even some of the big names have disappointed as well.

It's a good question, and leads to other questions. Right now, we have 14 scholly players. Assuming Rae, Keyen, Dye, and Walker move on, and after adding Pissott, then we have 11 taken for next year, leaving us four to give. Or, if Walker and/ or Rae stay, that gives us three or only two to give. Kellie likes the number thirteen, but she might go higher if she can get what she wants. Long way around the barn to say that she is likely valuing every one of her available schollys, either because she knows one or two of Rae/Walker will be back, or because she thinks she is going to get what she wants in the transfer portal, or both, and that's why she didn't give Edie one at this time.

Pretty sure Green is done in terms of eligibility. If Walker has another year (due to covid?), it would make sense for her to return, asssuming she likes playing and being a student. If she has pro ambition, another season, with her improvement curve, could get her on the radar screen somewhere (probably not the WNBA but somewhere). Same for Dye (she might have WNBA potential but could use another power 5 season). I figure Rae will be moving on, given that she is a projected 1st round pick.

Last edited:
Reactions: youcancallmeAl
Pretty sure Green is done in terms of eligibility. If Walker has another year (due to covid?), it would make sense for her to return, asssuming she likes playing and being a student. If she has pro ambition, another season, with her improvement curve, could get her on the radar screen somewhere (probably not the WNBA but somewhere). Same for Dye (she might have WNBA potential but could use another power 5 season). I figure Rae will be moving on, given that she is a projected 1st round pick.
No assuming on Green or Dye. They are out of eligibility. Only questions are Walker and Rae (not much question with Rae).

Medical Redshirt for Green?

I think she could apply for a hardship extension but that would require special consideration from the NCAAA. I believe this season was her standard medical red shirt year.

I'd say she will be researching her thesis by then and may not have the time for athletics.

Reactions: Lucy
I think she could apply for a hardship extension but that would require special consideration from the NCAAA. I believe this season was her standard medical red shirt year.
She's redshirted twice alreadyfor medical reasons. Everything I've read says she has exhausted her eligibility.

Reactions: 37620VOL
What say you not clear, that is,

Yoda
Mudcat ain’t that hard:
Walker has a good job waiting for her upon graduation 👩‍🎓. She would need to check to see if her potential employer would hold the job open a year for her to return. You never know!

Didja know mudcat mentored Yoda?

Last edited:
What say you not clear, that is,

Yoda
there company that has walker a job for went she gets out of college. can not recalled name of company. i heard on tv during game . company said job would be waiting on her. i think might have inturn there. if walker stay for a covid year and they pull job offer. bad press for them.

Yeah, long shot for sure. But this seems very similar to the 8th year senior that ETSU had in football. ( The incredible story of college football's first -- and only -- eighth-year senior ) She lost all of 2018-2019 at Liberty to injury, lost all but 4 games of 2020-2021, now she's losing about half of her final season. Plus covid fits in there somehow.

After some research, it looks like she would not qualify, but I'm far from an expert...

To qualify for a Division I Medical Hardship Waiver:
The athlete can’t have participated in more than 30% of the number of games or dates of competition in their sport.
The athlete also must not appear in a contest after the midpoint of the season.
The athlete must have contemporaneous documentation from a medical professional that their injury or illness prevents them from being able to continue participating in their season.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

Those projections for Rae may change based on performance. I hope not for her, but could be.

I think the team will be just fine next year if we can fill needs reasonably through the portal or late recruit. Need PG and a big.

there company that has walker a job for went she gets out of college. can not recalled name of company. i heard on tv during game . company said job would be waiting on her. i think might have inturn there. if walker stay for a covid year and they pull job offer. bad press for them.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back