Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stacking up some PWOs!

I said this in one of the threads last night - getting quality 3* players - who had legit offers from other schools - to walk on as PWOs is a masterful way to speed up our depth building process, especially as we wait to let the supposed scholarship reduction period end.

It almost seems like there’s a well-thought out plan being followed … 🤔

Taking notes hear (pun intended), I have suffered tinnitus for about the last 10-12 years. Before that I had hearing damage from ear infections scarring my eardrum, and I've had one eardrum replaced.

I didn't know tinnitus was semi-repairable? Just knew that over time it gets slightly better, then worse when I inevitably forget my earplugs or get exposed to an unexpected loud noise.

Yup, the ENT that I saw recommended a supplement (expensive) but when I looked at it, the doses of B-12, B-6, and B-9 (folate) were so low that it wasn’t going to make a difference. I started using what I recommend for my patients and started noticing a difference within two months. (He now recommends my regimen to his other patients)

Any damaged nerve can undergo repair if given the building blocks. The auditory nerve like any other nerve can be hypersensitive to recurrent injury…so protection is key. My tinnitus had completely resolved until I went hunting and forgot my noise canceling headphones. Being my dumbarse self, I shot anyway and irritated my auditory nerve with recurrent tinnitus, It’s settling down again…but I feel pretty stupid.

Starting to look like the NIL will hurt smaller schools - at least until some of these guys transfer out.
Yes........I am biased.

But, what is keeping these PWO's from "signing" with a FBS school, red-shirting and pocketing the money, and then leaving? SMH.

Yes........I am biased.

But, what is keeping these PWO's from "signing" with a FBS school, red-shirting and pocketing the money, and then leaving? SMH.
Nothing really, but I'm not sure coaches would be opposed to that. They can bring lower rated guys in, work with them, and see if they have any diamonds in the rough. If, after a season of working with them, they don't see a path to playing time, nothing wrong with those guys moving on to somewhere they can play. JMO.

Yes........I am biased.

Is it money they can pocket or does it just cover tuition/books/room and board….. I can’t imagine it being that much.

Nothing really, but I'm not sure coaches would be opposed to that. They can bring lower rated guys in, work with them, and see if they have any diamonds in the rough. If, after a season of working with them, they don't see a path to playing time, nothing wrong with those guys moving on to somewhere they can play. JMO.
The rich getting richer.......Theoretically there is nothing wrong with it, but it does hurt the smaller schools.
Adapt, or die. Gotta get used to it.

I said this in one of the threads last night - getting quality 3* players - who had legit offers from other schools - to walk on as PWOs is a masterful way to speed up our depth building process, especially as we wait to let the supposed scholarship reduction period end.

It almost seems like there’s a well-thought out plan being followed … 🤔
Super helpful during the reductions. Also, given our pace, having that much additional depth on both sides of the ball will be huge.

Is it money they can pocket or does it just cover tuition/books/room and board….. I can’t imagine it being that much.
Not sure. But, if it is just tuition/books/room and board, they can get that, plus a little more, at a smaller school........
Also....I'm probably way off here, but it is comparable to me taking a new job with a signing bonus, and skipping out after a year.......just for the money.

In your opinion, why is Joe Burrow good?

When you have a QB who knows the playbook better than your entire coaching staff it's rare. When that same QB has accuracy on the same level as the best in the league it's unheard of. But mostly it's been awhile since I've seen a QB with a natural sense of pressure like him, it's legit like he's got eyes in the back of his head some times how well he feels pressure.

The rich getting richer.......Theoretically there is nothing wrong with it, but it does hurt the smaller schools.
Adapt, or die. Gotta get used to it.
I don't disagree, but it's part of the changing landscape. If/when smaller schools do find those diamonds themselves, they'll end up losing them to bigger schools that can pay more. This is what NIL is creating. And you can't blame the players for chasing money. If someone offered to give you more money to do the same job you're already doing, wouldn't you take it?

Had my back operation this morning in the lumbar region. I had to have some relief, and some kind of sore this evening. Prayers that this will be successful would be appreciated. I need to get the rest of my time in on the job. Need about 12 more years 🤞
Prayers..I hope I can tough it out for at least 9 more...it is getting really rough lately, but I usually feel a lot better in summer.

I don't disagree, but it's part of the changing landscape. If/when smaller schools do find those diamonds themselves, they'll end up losing them to bigger schools that can pay more. This is what NIL is creating. And you can't blame the players for chasing money. If someone offered to give you more money to do the same job you're already doing, wouldn't you take it?

Peay lost 3 of their top players to P5 schools this year, including a 1st Team all-American DB.........:mad:

On your last point............I have been offered other jobs (for more money) and have decided to stay where I am, as of now.
Now......Some of that is due to my age and being very happy where I am in life.

If I was 18????? Good question.;)

Not sure. But, if it is just tuition/books/room and board, they can get that, plus a little more, at a smaller school........
Also....I'm probably way off here, but it is comparable to me taking a new job with a signing bonus, and skipping out after a year.......just for the money.
There has always been PWO turn down scholarships at smaller schools to chase their dreams…. I would guess they just get to do it for free now…. If we are paying much more than that…. We need to pool that money into getting a few true difference makers.

I don’t know if this will help or not, but it really helped me overcome tinnitus (nerve injury of the auditory nerve). If the virus has injured the olfactory (smell), facial and glossopharyngeal (taste) then neuronal repair can recover quicker with one of each of these daily. I like Natures Bounty mainly because they are on 2 for 1 sale at Kroger’s.
At worst, it won’t hurt anything, at best, it may significantly speed up nerve recovery. Take one of each daily through 2 bottles of each one. Give it that long to help. Nerves can be injured quickly, but recover slowly…

View attachment 431899
Imma try that..thanks for the info

Peay lost 3 of their top players to P5 schools this year, including a 1st Team all-American DB.........:mad:

On your last point............I have been offered other jobs (for more money) and have decided to stay where I am, as of now.
Now......Some of that is due to my age and being very happy where I am in life.

If I was 18????? Good question.;)
Chaz or Asheville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back