Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve got a front row seat seeing all these SEC teams lapping us in the portal. I hope Josh Heupel’s got this. Surely he does.
spongebob-how-many-times-do-we-need-to-teach-you.gif

I don't scream anything myself. In measured tones I recite the wins needed to win the division EVERY YEAR, home field advantage EVERY YEAR and the playoff games EVERY YEAR. He's never knocked out til the end...and it didn't change at 44. Similar team that he won the Super Bowl with in NE, didn't meet those standards his first year away winning another SB. The GOAT thing is a human invention...subject to individual opinion. Mine is he took that title in the SB win against the Falcons. It's not ONE win it's the collection. Not trying to change your mind, just expressing mine.
Read that post directly above yours. TEAM sport

I’m sure if I looked back through the annals of football history, I could look at box scores and statistics to find support for practically any argument I want to make. I’m sure it’s possible to find a reason why Player X and not Player Y won a game for Team A.

The GOAT conversation is extremely subjective obviously, but it’s easy to just pick things out like you did with Brady and argue that he didn’t really win any of those games and he’s just lucky.

The fact is Brady did win all of those games. And, if you don’t want to believe he’s the GOAT, that’s your perogative and it’s fine, but I just find it odd to dissect his accolades and find reasons why it’s not that impressive when you could do that for literally any player or team.
I'm not saying that Brady didn't win those games. I'm saying he didn't win those games ALONE. And therefore, it's stupid to base individual GOAT status off of team wins. Brady's defensive line had more to do with that Super Bowl win last year than he did. Go watch it again. Mahomes had no time. Meanwhile Brady is eating a sandwich in the pocket.

If you switch teams, Mahomes wins that Super Bowl last year and Brady is probably being carted out on a stretcher because he doesn't have the wheels to avoid the rush like Mahomes does. That's just a fact. It's a team sport. If you think Brady is the best QB ever based upon his individual play, then fine. But to base it off of super bowl wins is just nonsense imo

I'm not saying that Brady didn't win those games. I'm saying he didn't win those games ALONE. And therefore, it's stupid to base individual GOAT status off of team wins. Brady's defensive line had more to do with that Super Bowl win last year than he did. Go watch it again. Mahomes had no time. Meanwhile Brady is eating a sandwich in the pocket.

If you switch teams, Mahomes wins that Super Bowl last year and Brady is probably being carted out on a stretcher because he doesn't have the wheels to avoid the rush like Mahomes does. That's just a fact. It's a team sport. If you think Brady is the best QB ever based upon his individual play, then fine. But to base it off of super bowl wins is just nonsense imo
NOBODY wins games alone, Bass. Quit strawmanning.

Reactions: VolzMan53
I still think Brady is the GOAT, but this stat gives credence to the fact that it is debatable. I saw this last year and saw it again recently and sent it to a friend. The percentages probably aren’t up to date but they are still ballpark figures.

View attachment 430187
That’s interesting. A tell on Brady. Dude is still really good. He’s top 3 regardless

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
Thanks, doc. There has been no swelling from it. And the pain seems broad, almost length of my thigh along the side tensor muscle. Weird that it’s one leg. Feels worse after waking up, like a strained muscle would trying to repair itself. I just can’t think of what I did that strained it.

Stretch before you go to bed.
If the pain is traveling down your leg, it could be a disc injury with radiculopathy…

Reactions: engineerVOL
Quote where I DID.
I present exhibit A:

I don't scream anything myself. In measured tones I recite the wins needed to win the division EVERY YEAR, home field advantage EVERY YEAR and the playoff games EVERY YEAR. He's never knocked out til the end...and it didn't change at 44. Similar team that he won the Super Bowl with in NE, didn't meet those standards his first year away winning another SB. The GOAT thing is a human invention...subject to individual opinion. Mine is he took that title in the SB win against the Falcons. It's not ONE win it's the collection. Not trying to change your mind, just expressing mine.

What is this except arguing for GOAT status based upon team wins?

Okay VN,
Y’all know that I will never stay current.
So with this in mind, if one of you have a dire medical issue, call 911 or go to the ER (ie listen to your wife, right engineerVOL?)

If you need medical advice, please just email me jkay@arlingtonortho.com
This is for the RF VFLs. Put your VN name in the subject line. My email comes to my phone.
I will see it much quicker than on VN most likely.
That will also keep me from stressing out about y’all (looking at you engineerVOL) 🤠

And no, I really don’t need more nudz sent…😐

Last edited:
I present exhibit A:

What is this except arguing for GOAT status based upon team wins?
Weak exhibit. Those are WINS that he had a big part in. He doesn't make every play possible against Atlanta and THEY have a "team win". Defense that set the Falcons up with (what should have been) an insurmountable lead were MORE responsible in that particular WIN? It's the totality of his work that's lead to my opinion...he just so happens to be credited with a lot of SB's. Maybe because he's made so many plays when they were need over a long period of time. Belichick I believe has one playoff win without Brady. That's one helluva exhibit Z.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back