Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
My argument is that GOAT status should be determined based off of individual performance, not team wins. Especially in football. Tom Brady is not even on the field for 2 of the 3 phases of football. Nowhere am I implying that someone else did it on their own. Nobody does it on their own in football. But some have more help than others. Again, take away Brady's top 10 defenses, how many SB's does he win? Those stats posted earlier about playoff wins without a top 10 defense seems to indicate he wouldn't have many. Give Peyton top 10 defenses his entire career, how many more wins does he have? He won a SB when he was completely done because he had an elite defense. Pretty safe bet that he would have more if he had that defense his whole career the way Brady has.

So if you want to say, that you believe Brady plays the QB position better than anyone else has ever played it, then fine, that's your opinion. But if it's your opinion that he's the goat because of rings, that's idiotic.

I think Mahomes is more talented than Brady which is why I posted that. If I can pick one QB to build my team around in 2022, I'd pick Pat Mahomes in this modern era of football. If it's 2000, I'd pick Manning all day.

In none of my posts did I ever say anything about rings being the reason Tom Brady is the GOAT. You can go check. Iā€™m not saying that and I didnā€™t say that.

Brady had great defense. Thatā€™s undeniable. No one is saying otherwise. But, again, itā€™s a TEAM sport.

Mahomes has great skill position players. Its the the same thing. Thatā€™s my only point. That you can look at every single team in football history and point to their TEAM strength.

If youā€™re going to make the argument that Brady doesnā€™t win those Super Bowls or even regular season games without those great defenses, then you canā€™t just ignore that Mahomes is winning games in a similar manner, which is that he has far more talent to throw the ball to than Brady ever did.

In none of my posts did I ever say anything about rings being the reason Tom Brady is the GOAT. You can go check. Iā€™m not saying that and I didnā€™t say that.

Brady had great defense. Thatā€™s undeniable. No one is saying otherwise. But, again, itā€™s a TEAM sport.

Mahomes has great skill position players. Its the the same thing. Thatā€™s my only point. That you can look at every single team in football history and point to their TEAM strength.

If youā€™re going to make the argument that Brady doesnā€™t win those Super Bowls or even regular season games without those great defenses, then you canā€™t just ignore that Mahomes is winning games in a similar manner, which is that he has far more talent to throw the ball to than Brady ever did.
I'm not ignoring that about Mahomes. I believe Mahomes is more physically talented to be more specific. He is doing things we've never seen before. He's a freak. He's a prototype QB for the modern era of football. If he ever gets defense in KC he may win 10 rings

I'm not ignoring that about Mahomes. I believe Mahomes is more physically talented to be more specific. He is doing things we've never seen before. He's a freak. He's a prototype QB for the modern era of football. If he ever gets defense in KC he may win 10 rings

Well, I canā€™t wait to revisit this post in 10 years to tell you why Mahomes ainā€™t that great because he won all those rings off the back of his great defenses. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
I'm sorry but that's a b**** move.

I can't even get upset about it anymore. These teams are one year rentals. Rebuild the depth chart from scratch every season. Get all the new starters on campus as quickly as possible and give them a crash course in University of ________ football. Complicated schemes, like the one Georgia uses on defense, will have to be dumbed down. Then sometime in mid to late November before the season even ends, the turnover cycle starts again. It should be interesting and maybe comical to watch.

I'd put an All-Time Vols team up against any other college all-time best team. Which college do you think could beat us with their all-time team?
Help me put together an all time Vols team:

QB: Peyton
RB1: Lewis
RB2: Kamara
WR: Carl Pickens
WR:
WR: CP
TE: Witten
OL: Clifton
OL:Smith
OL:Weary
OL:
OL:
DL: Reggie
DL: Doug Atkins, By popular demand
DL: Haynesworth?
DL:Henderson
LB: Al Wilson
LB: Mayo
CB: Carter
CB:McDaniel
Safety: Berry
Safety: Deon Grant

Last edited:
I think we can all agree defense won Peyton his last Super Bowl. I don't get the Brady hate. I've never been a fan but if he had played for UT and Peyton for some other school Vol fans' opinions of both would be a complete 180.

I believe if Elway had just brought in Wade Phillips as DC and kept the same offense, Manning would have had at least one more ring with Broncos.

Which receivers would you go with?
DL: Barnett
DL: who else we got here? Haynesworth?
DL:
LB:
CB:
CB:

You're list is already invalid for not starting it with Al Wilson.

DL:
LB:
CB:
CB:
Gotta have Al Wilson and Deon Grant on defense. Carl Pickens at one WR

DL:
LB: Al Wilson
LB:
CB:
CB:
You kidding on that DL? Atkins, MOD, Haynesworth. Greatly debate Little over Barnett but I'll give it to Barnett for his sack record

One day I hope you look back on this statement and regret the pain and suffering you have brought to the people that haven't seen Avengers
Lol..If people care that much...they would have already watched the freakin movie..

I get you're being jokey(at least I hope you are)...but some idiots aren't with that stupid spoiler crap months or years after a movie or show has come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back