'22 GA DT Tyre West (Tennessee signee)

"....what we’re about and how we’re going to take care of the young man on and off the field, just help him grow into being a great person and great leader.” "
Corny as hell and lost art to many in the world of CSB. However, this is the main reason I have the impression this staff has their priorities in order, which then impresses those parents and players !

Nah, he was sadly ran off because he didn’t like to recruit

I have often wondered if ]Rocker was compromised with even on campus recruiting since his big baseball star son not only did not go to UT but did go to Vandy. Never heard it kicked around, and I understand the alure of the level Vandy was at the time. You have to think other schools used this to negative recruit with. Tough spot for a Dad.

I know nothing, but as long as Rocker has been around, I wonder if he didn't mutually agree to leave because he didn't like the dirty recruiting

And was replaced by a dude that got fired midseason. Just shows me how stupid I was for ever believing anything that Pruitt said.
A good buddy of mine is close with a coach who was on Pruitt's staff who said after year one that it was a nightmare behind the scenes. I REALLY didn't want to believe it but I think guys like Rocker who are good dudes just didn't want to be there.

A good buddy of mine is close with a coach who was on Pruitt's staff who said after year one that it was a nightmare behind the scenes. I REALLY didn't want to believe it but I think guys like Rocker who are good dudes just didn't want to be there.

I don’t know anyone who knew anyone who was on staff but I can confirm it was a 💩 show behind the scenes.

I don’t know anyone who knew anyone who was on staff but I can confirm it was a 💩 show behind the scenes.
I know a few people who talker to the coaches and the ADs and it appeared that after the first year under Pruitt, the program seemed to be headed where we wanted it to go. However? We all know what happened after that. I am very confident that we will not see the same thing happen with this new Administration.

Reactions: SmokinBob
12) Tyre West | DL | Tift County (Tifton)
10731945.jpg

247Sports Composite: 4-star | 0.9534 | No. 111 Overall | No. 20 DL

Recruitment status: Signed with Tennessee

Measurables: 6-3 | 280

Player evaluation: A bully up front. Over 6-foot-2 and north of 280 pounds. Blessed with some additional length in the arms. Started prep career off working as a five-technique, but will be an interior defensive lineman at the next level. Has some juice to him and is able to use a quick first-step to shoot through gaps and put pressure on quarterbacks. Likes contact and will violently strike ball carriers. Understands how to find leverage and get up and underneath blockers. Is somewhat experienced in hand-to-hand combat and has shown that he can win with a simple arm bar. Motor tends to run hot, which in turn allows him to make plenty of plays in backside pursuit. Owns a 4.5 shuttle time, which is respectable for someone his size. Has produced for four straight years at the varsity level in one of Georgia’s highest classifications. Will need to adjust to the play speed and demands of Power 5 football, but has the build and get off to emerge as a multi-year contributor and potential impact player on Saturdays. Could find a home at a few different spots along the line, but ceiling might ultimately be highest as a three-technique in a four-man front. NFL upside. – 247Sports Southeast Recruiting Analyst Andrew Ivins

NFL Draft projection: 4-7 Round (Day 3)

Player comparison: Nesta Jade Silvera | DL | Miami Hurricanes

No way we signed this kid, unless it's to play guard or center.

VN Store

Back