'22 GA DT Tyre West (Tennessee signee)

Kevin Sherrer has the Vols involved early on several potential blue-chippers in South Georgia from Tift County, including 2022 defensive lineman Tyree West.

The 6-foot-3, 240-pound edge rusher may grow into a defensive tackle, but the Vols love West’ aggression and physically, becoming the first SEC school to extend a scholarship. Georgia, Texas A&M, Auburn, Ole Miss and others quickly followed suit.

“They were the first school to see something in me,” West said of Tennessee. “That means something.”

West, who visited in April, was back on campus for the final camp before the dead period. Due to a hamstring injury, he was unable to perform, but he spent time watching Kevin Sherrer and Tracy Rocker coach and then hung out in their offices afterwards.

“Coach Sherrer was like, I know you couldn’t workout today but I like just seeing you up here. They want me to keep coming back,” West said.

“And I will. I like the atmosphere. Just chill. Feels like home. They treat me good. I like the coaches staff. I’m cool with all the coaches. I like everything about Tennessee.”

As a freshman, West had 40 tackles including six sacks, 7.5 TFLs and five hurries. He said Sherrer “loves my aggressiveness. How I never give up.” West is looking for even more production as a sophomore, hoping to pickup offers from Ohio State, South Carolina and Clemson.

West plans on attending a game in Neyland Stadium this fall.
-VQ

Former Georgia commitment Tyree West is set to visit this weekend unofficially. West has been looking to take some visits and so he and the Bulldogs parted ways earlier this week. FSU appears to have the most juice at the moment but Tennessee will have a shot to make their case this weekend providing he does make it in

- VQ

FSU is terrible. Have to like our chances if they're the primary competition. Plus we have Garner. Let's steal this one!

FSU is terrible, but do not underestimate the pull they have with south Georgia kids. I never understood it because I grew up in the middle of Ga high school Region 1 and couldn't stand FSU, but they get a lot of those kids and did well with them.

He's an FSU lock.
He's good friends with Travis Hunter and Qae'shon Sapp

FSU sucks now, but the trajectory is rapidly moving up! It's much better for UT when they are relevant.

Or is he going to flip Travis Hunter and Sapp to the Vols????
200w.gif

Reactions: VolNash17
He's an FSU lock.
He's good friends with Travis Hunter and Qae'shon Sapp

FSU sucks now, but the trajectory is rapidly moving up! It's much better for UT when they are relevant.
Not really. This season has been a disaster. Have they leveled out from the pit? Sure. But trending up is an overstatement at this point. Norvell will have to show a solid season next season. He almost got fired this year.

Not really. This season has been a disaster. Have they leveled out from the pit? Sure. But trending up is an overstatement at this point. Norvell will have to show a solid season next season. He almost got fired this year.
Exactly. They are 4-6 and have to beat Boston College and Florida just to go to a bowl.

I was talking about recruiting.....

VN Store

Back