Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you seen It's Always Sunny? Or Southpark? Or a number of other recent comedies. And A LOT of the HBO and Showtime stuff too...though it's not cable per se so a bit different.

A lot of stuff today would've never been aired in the past.
Always Sunny šŸ‘ŽšŸ»

It isnt the coaches. Hard to argue with RG & WM's success and experience. There's something up. You think its the investigation?

Seems like to me if there's a way to negative recruit Tennessee seems to receive floggings while Florida's Kensuckee's et al receive hand slaps.
Who knows, all I know is Iā€™m ready for the flood gates to open up

Florida just got a transfer CB from georgia, and, they're head coach last coached Louisiana. Are we being selective or is it just that bad?

Wth is going with the defensive cruiting and portal?

Numbers are an issue. Also, a lot of times with these transfers, there are previous relationships already in place at these schools.

Iā€™ve resolved not to panic about recruiting, transfers or anything with our football program until maybe the year 2025. Heupel and staff are getting a ton of grace from me.

They seem like good coaches and people and I trust they know their jobs depend on fielding competitive teams so let them do their thing.

No serious person thinks we are one or two linebacker transfers away from making the Playofts next year.

Florida just got a transfer CB from georgia, and, they're head coach last coached Louisiana. Are we being selective or is it just that bad?

AP said itā€™s numbers. They canā€™t take more transfers until we lose players to the portal. Look for them to add more after spring ball when some on the current roster leave.

AP said he expects we end up adding 5-6 more eventually.

Napier is going to recruit well. Plus kimber is a FL native and Corey Raymond is the DB coach at FL now so your talking one of the best DB coaches in country

I do not know if Barnes should be fired or not and I like Barnes. But this is his team and they are bad. It looks like they are regressing every game. I got blasted last week for saying this team will be lucky to make the tournament and I stand by this. they are 2-3 since I made that statement and they have more losses coming. This team has not 1 player that can take over a game and go get points and no big man. These are his players and they are not good. Imagine how bad they would be if they did not have Vescovi.

Theyā€™ve lost to 5 top 23 net ranked teams. Letā€™s re-visit this when they take a bad loss. They arenā€™t missing the tournament with those losses. People do this every year where they donā€™t understand tournament analysis.

AP said itā€™s numbers. They canā€™t take more transfers until we lose players to the portal. Look for them to add more after spring ball when some on the current roster leave.

Weā€™ll end up with just fillers if we donā€™t cut the dead weight now and load up on some big name defensive help.

No those 3 games will not stop them I agree but those 3 games are not the only games they are going to lose. I would like to think they wont lose another game but we all know they will. Where was TN 2 weeks ago on kenpom ? asking because were they not around 10. Seems like that was what I seen posted.

They hovered around 11-15 on KenPom for several weeks now.

Missed out on Harrison Ingram and Mutumbo too. Bcuz of all the swing and misses by Barnes is why he got BHH to reclassify and took Tamba, Aidoo and QD. Heā€™s already struck out on all the top dogs this class too

While last class was still rated great and weā€™ve landed some high rated players, Barnes got beat In recruiting pretty bad. Imo losing both assistants really hurt him

Not sure how you can say he got beat pretty bad. In my lifetime, UT has never swam in the waters where Barnes was recruiting. You are going to lose recruits when you are competing against Duke, UK, and paying Auburn.

I donā€™t think that Barnes ever really had a chance with Ingram- it was obvious he was looking for academics. Why would you choose Stanford as a top 15 recruit? They arenā€™t good. Ingramā€™s parents own McDonaldā€™s franchises, so money isnā€™t a priority. He wanted an education. Harvard was one of his finalists.

So what's the speculation on why kids are transferring from Georgia? Playing time? For example Mims, I know he isn't in yet but if rumors prove true why would he leave? He buried that far down the chart?

I think id rather get hit by a mustard bottle or golf ball.
View attachment 428618

MindlessCandidDipper-max-1mb.gif

Theyā€™ve lost to 5 top 23 net ranked teams. Letā€™s re-visit this when they take a bad loss. They arenā€™t missing the tournament with those losses. People do this every year where they donā€™t understand tournament analysis.
Getting booty blasted by 28 isn't a bad lossšŸ¤”

I think AP is full of crap in this regard. Numbers don't have to be finalized until start of fall camp. Bringing in new talent is the best way to convince the guys who need to portal to do so. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back