Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a complete embarrassment. Wonder which player Barnes will throw under the bus today? Teams checked out.

I hate to say it and I'm not in the fahr Barnes camp, but they have checked out. Remains to be seen if he can regain the trust.

This team is not competing and has no identity on O.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
who said UK wasn’t on?
Regardless, This was a pathetic defensive performance. Did you watch the game? I’ve never seen so many uncontested shots
I know this..when I played BB I was a really good defensive player, I love defense and I didn't give a damn about scoring, and I always got put in to stick the other teams best scorer unless it was a big guy.

There were times that nothing I did slowed the other guy down...no matter how hard I played. I've had guys that I shut down every time I had played them, guys that told me they hated playing against me go off and make me look like a stuck post and droppin thirty on me...it's BB...it happens.

This team plays good defense, they may have had a little subpar game effort wise, but it was mostly UK just having one of those game where everything bounces their way and their timing is perfect...it's BB...it happens.

This is a good, not great team..they will win a few more and lose a few more and get bounced in the tourneys quickly unless they go one one of those crazy unexplainable runs...it's BB...it happens.

Last edited:
I’m not understanding the meltdown re UT basketball. Can it simply be that we played a good team that shot lights out today?

If it was only today, maybe. The last 5 games have been a concerning trend.

And they shot lights out today because we gave up 30+ fast break points and open 3s. Not difficult shots.

Late on the western talk, but caught up on 1883 yest eve, ep 3 and 4.
First of all, paramount + app sucks ass!
Secondly, the show isn’t much better…
Whenever the daughter goes into one of the internal monologues I keep thinking “is this family really from late 1800s Tennessee?” It’s like she lived in New York.

I think a lot of you have issues reacting to basketball losses like they're football losses. The games are important but they don't make or break you. Just have to make sure we have a good enough resume for March and play well in March.

Still concerning how underwhelming and frustrating the play has been

Agreed. With as many games as vols BBALL will play, going on an emotional roller coaster is senseless. Thus far however, I'm underwhelmed by this team. They're just not playing well together. I said it before. Chandler really clicking may be our best hope. A strong point guard makes a big difference.

Reactions: SugarCC and UTJoe
I think a lot of you have issues reacting to basketball losses like they're football losses. The games are important but they don't make or break you. Just have to make sure we have a good enough resume for March and play well in March.

Bingo!

What you do now is learn from this.

I suspect the discussion about Vols basketball will be very different and much more positive by mid- to late-February.

This is a tourney team for sure with enough pieces to make a deep run, especially if the light bulb is going on for Hundley-Hatfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back