President Joe Biden - Kamala Harris Administration

I don't know when that will be but right now it's crazy. I had 2 techs turn in their notices this week, 1 had an offer for 10 more dollars an hour for a maintenance position. Don't know what the other one is getting to do erosion control inspections but he won't have to travel anymore.
What makes it worse is it puts additional burden on the ones who stick
Going thru that myself right now

Reactions: tbwhhs and AM64
I don't know when that will be but right now it's crazy. I had 2 techs turn in their notices this week, 1 had an offer for 10 more dollars an hour for a maintenance position. Don't know what the other one is getting to do erosion control inspections but he won't have to travel anymore.

I feel like restaurants and hospitality are going to see a lot of job losses from closings.

But you’re right, things are still super tight and competitive. Finding labor right now is a Herculean task.

I feel like restaurants and hospitality are going to see a lot of job losses from closings.

But you’re right, things are still super tight and competitive. Finding labor right now is a Herculean task.
At least here in our area at the movies, no more ticket booths to buy tickets. Everything has gone to buy online (with a fee) or at a kiosk at the location.

Reactions: AM64
It always brings me back to the segregation vs. integration times.
Was this a time of increasing the divide or decreasing the divide?
Some saw segregation as deeply divisive.
Some saw integration as deeply divisive.
Just because it comes across as divisive to one group, does not mean the action is wrong. Sometimes a little divisive is necessary in the process of unifying.

Look at it like this. If you want to clean out your closet, the first thing you do is take everything out, which is creating an even bigger mess in the short run.

Obama was cleaning out the closet, some could never see beyond the necessary short term mess....but history will.
Yes history will, and based on the current trajectory, he was BAD. We're 5 years past his presidency (13 years since he started) and race relations are far worse than the 1990's and getting worse. Can you point to one thing (without mentioning Trump in the response) that looks like we're turning things around?

At least here in our area at the movies, no more ticket booths to buy tickets. Everything has gone to buy online (with a fee) or at a kiosk at the location.

I’ve tried to give local restaurants support but have found myself less interested in doing so as their prices keep rising and their service keeps falling.

All the democrat party has to do is stoke the brimstone of racism as a message overall. It's slowly slipping away and that's why they want to open the border to illegals and somehow provide a pathway to citizenship.
if you vote Democrat and don’t understand this message, you’re the problem. Stop voting old white people who use this as a platform.

I’ve tried to give local restaurants support but have found myself less interested in doing so as their prices keep rising and their service keeps falling.
Goes back to the issue. Pass it on to the consumer. Agree wholeheartedly on the rise of prices and the quality of service falling.

Reactions: allvol123
Just as a baseline who would be a good nominee in your opinion? Would it be for the policies they support, because they appear “presidential, or both. Just wondering who fits that bill in your eye.
Let me in. I’d pick Condoleeza Rice. She’s black and she’s always the smartest person in the room. She’s calm, objective, intelligent and experienced. Her gender and color don’t matter

Yes history will, and based on the current trajectory, he was BAD. We're 5 years past his presidency (13 years since he started) and race relations are far worse than the 1990's and getting worse. Can you point to one thing (without mentioning Trump in the response) that looks like we're turning things around?
Race relations are not worse than in the 90's and they are not getting worse now. That's to much Fox news viewing.

Race relations are not worse than in the 90's and they are not getting worse now. That's to much Fox news viewing.
lol you seriously believe that? If so that’s fine but really? Just don’t see it like that…but then again I don’t see a lot of things like you do. I would like to know how you see race relations being better now?

Not according to Biden. Hell, Georgia is Jim Crow 2.0, right?
It just goes back to my earlier point. The more things progress, the harder that progression will be faught.
Progress led to Abrams running for governor in GA and almost winning. It is also progress some in GA wish to stop.

How so? Fox wasn't around in the 90's for you to say it is better or worse. Pretty sure the Rodney King showed police brutality and the impact of the wrong verdict and the OJ Simpson trial showed the division based on race in how you viewed the verdict.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
It just goes back to my earlier point. The more things progress, the harder that progression will be faught.
Progress led to Abrams running for governor in GA and almost winning. It is also progress some in GA wish to stop.
Progress leads to GA actually expanding voting rights and still being demonized by people in more restrictive states

lol you seriously believe that? If so that’s fine but really? Just don’t see it like that…but then again I don’t see a lot of things like you do. I would like to know how you see race relations being better now?
Go walk the belt line in Atlanta. Or go to any major city. Look at the number of interracial couples that are completely accepted as the norm. You didn't see that 20 years ago, let alone 40 years ago. Maybe your view depends on where you live.

VN Store

Back