Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think Huepel is a cheater. Donde isnt fit to run an athletic dept., but something tells me she isnt a cheater either.

And trust me, my interest in college athletics sp Basketball and Football, more specifically is waining. The officiating is insufferable.
Basketball officiating ruined the game for me a long time ago. I just get so angry when the ball handler lowers his shoulder and throws himself at the defender, but somehow it's still a foul on the defender.

Football hasn't been that bad for me, except a few of our games this year. It's bad, but it doesn't ruin the experience.

Reactions: Orange.
I just don't think this fanbase is going to stay patient long enough. After the garbage from 2010-2014, there were loud, loud calls for Butch to be fired for going 9-4 two years in a row. Now, we all know the bottom completely fell out the following season and that it would've been better had Butch gotten one of the other jobs he was angling for, and it is absolutely the case that the 2016 team ended with a wet fart, but after all the chaos and instability and embarrassment, I couldn't believe so many were ready to cut bait after going 18-8 over two seasons.
Oh...and that 2016 Vandy game was the straw.

I just don't think this fanbase is going to stay patient long enough. After the garbage from 2010-2014, there were loud, loud calls for Butch to be fired for going 9-4 two years in a row. Now, we all know the bottom completely fell out the following season and that it would've been better had Butch gotten one of the other jobs he was angling for, and it is absolutely the case that the 2016 team ended with a wet fart, but after all the chaos and instability and embarrassment, I couldn't believe so many were ready to cut bait after going 18-8 over two seasons.
It was obvious Butch was not the guy and it's a shame we didn't fire him after 2016. It was very clear he was not the guy after that disgraceful collapse. How could you not have wanted him gone??? He beat FLA and UGA and then lost to South Carolina and Vandy!

The one thing that the NIL has done is creating an opportunity for all schools to raise money and pay players in the open. I realize that those with the most money still are the ones who will sign the best players.
Imo the NIL stuff will help pack together the lower and middle tier teams. But the Elite will continue to remain the Elite

It was obvious Butch was not the guy and it's a shame we didn't fire him after 2016. It was very clear he was not the guy after that disgraceful collapse. How could you not have wanted him gone??? He beat FLA and UGA and then lost to South Carolina and Vandy!
I felt that season coming in my bones as soon as the Appy State game started going south.

Heupel would have beaten Appy St 70-20 with that talent.

Gonna be so much crow to eat on Jimbo Fisher.

An average coach looks amazing with the right ingredients and they are putting it together down there. He’s already won a National Championship. Do you really expect him to keep at the same winning % now with superior talent? They will unseat Bama in time of the NIL doesn’t get adjusted

Gonna be so much crow to eat on Jimbo Fisher.

An average coach looks amazing with the right ingredients and they are putting it together down there. He’s already won a National Championship. Do you really expect him to keep at the same winning % now with superior talent? They will unseat Bama in time of the NIL doesn’t get adjusted
Jimbo is a fraud..he may win just by stacking talent and playing boring football...but that program will rot to the core before long. I don't want that for us.

Last edited:
Our team was absolutely decimated, particularly defensively, by injuries. We were held together with bubblegum and scotch tape there at the end.

How many boats you got there Mike? Got your own flotilla?

Maybe get a few from InVOLuntary and we could have our own VN attack group. 🤠
:)

No sir. Different boats I've owned over the past several years. I invited some people on the forum to come visit me at the Vol Navy docks many years ago. Nobody took me up on it unfortunately.

I live, work, and boat in St Thomas, US Virgin Islands now. I'm thankful I get to see most games on ESPN/SEC but I do miss Neyland.

Basketball officiating ruined the game for me a long time ago. I just get so angry when the ball handler lowers his shoulder and throws himself at the defender, but somehow it's still a foul on the defender.

Football hasn't been that bad for me, except a few of our games this year. It's bad, but it doesn't ruin the experience.
i struggle with the pre madonna mentality. we have to talk about our feelings all time these days. we arent allowed to say 'bootstraps, pull' any longer.

how are we setting kids up for success when we say to them 'oh, you have a sprained toenail?' Quit your team and go elsewhere. How will that translate to future success in work or marriage?

I do think College Athletes should earn money. Further I think officials are underpaid. I think college coaching salaries are waay out there, and money these programs profit off kids is dumb. What I dont believe in is Six Figure salaries for college kids.

There's a ton of dynamics within what i'm talking about that result in my disdain.

:)

No sir. Different boats I've owned over the past several years. I invited some people on the forum to come visit me at the Vol Navy docks many years ago. Nobody took me up on it unfortunately.

I live, work, and boat in St Thomas, US Virgin Islands now. I'm thankful I get to see most games on ESPN/SEC but I do miss Neyland.
I'm thinking about a bare bones power cat charter in the VI or bahamas. Leaning bahamas because of my familiarity with the waters.

Are we going to sign any defesnive players this year

52b14c0c-16cd-4025-86bf-eaaeeb8a0bee_text.gif

i struggle with the pre madonna mentality. we have to talk about our feelings all time these days. we arent allowed to say 'bootstraps, pull' any longer.

how are we setting kids up for success when we say to them 'oh, you have a sprained toenail?' Quit your team and go elsewhere. How will that translate to future success in work or marriage?

I do think College Athletes should earn money. Further I think officials are underpaid. I think college coaching salaries are waay out there, and money these programs profit off kids is dumb. What I dont believe in is Six Figure salaries for college kids.

There's a ton of dynamics within what i'm talking about that result in my disdain.
Eh, I think we haven't gone nearly far enough in paying kids. The universities are still the only ones profiting while the players are the ones providing the product. NIL only allows them to get endorsements, the people profiting off football are still paying them peanuts and paying them on the barter system on top of it. The NFL pays players, it's arguably a better product than college football in terms of entertainment. I'd love to see a salary cap.

You're talking more generally though, I wasn't being so philosophical lol. Watching basketball officials decide outcomes more often than not is just unwatchable to me. Football officials don't have as much influence in my opinion, so it doesn't get to me as much.

I'm thinking about a bare bones power cat charter in the VI or bahamas. Leaning bahamas because of my familiarity with the waters.
Did this approximately 40 years ago though it was a single hull sailboat that slept 6. Sailed around in the Abaco sound of the Bahama out islands. Charter had more food than we could eat and was of the best vacations I ever had. Might add we all owned sailboats so sailing the boat was not an issue and we sailed whenever and wherever we wanted. Plenty harbors in the sound

Last edited:
Every few days when I come in the RF to read the player threads. I’m reminded why I rarely post here anymore.

Love the traditional, average RF poster. I mean, no denying there's a lot more trolling, thought policing, like whoring, etc., at least compared to previously in the RF. Still no better place for the Vol community, tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back