Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
He chose to lie to the NCAA and put UT at risk rather than simply tell the truth and put his team first. He got a show-cause.

He should have received another show-cause, but because it's Auburn, Person took the fall.
Which is what TN shouldve done. Any big school with balls wouldve let an assistand take the fall and never fired Pearl the first time.

What is the ultimate goal you want for Tennessee football? Are you happy with mediocre, or do you want to see us achieve actual relevance again? No one is saying we have to get to the top immediately, though strangely, you keep implying they are. We all know it takes baby steps. But it still takes steps. Recruiting will have to get better. No one is saying we have to recruit as well as Bama or Georgia next year. But to get to where most Vol fans want to ultimately get, we will have to reach that level eventually. If we're still in the same place in 5 years that we are now, then that's a problem. There's nothing wrong with fans expecting to see improvement, expecting to eventually compete for championships. So if you call that "bitching" and "bellyaching", then yeah, I'll continue to do that because I'm a fan. I'll always want to see us getting better because I care. If someone is okay with staying mediocre, then I have to question how much they care.
First off, gtfo with this bullsh!t. "Am I happy with mediocre...do I want to see us achieve actual relevance again?" This, coupled with your statements of "no one is saying we have to get to the top immediately" and "We all know it takes baby steps" says one of three things about you: 1) you're not paying attention...2) you can't read for sh!t...or, 3) you're full of sh!t. My record speaks for itself about my fandom; and, this place is littered with trash post after trash post about recruiting better, Bama, and UGA...I haven't "implied" sh!t.

After years and years of complete garbage, Heupel signed the #11 to #15 class (Rivals, 247); yet, you and your ilk keep spewing the same " better better better...Bama, UGA, Bama, UGA" bullsh!t. As I said, we are 73-75 since 2010...have had four head coaches...have been drug time and time again in the media for over a decade...and, we have the NCAA up our ass. 7-6 does not wash ALL OF THAT away. You want reality? THAT'S what Heupel is up against, not Bama and UGA; and, STILL, he has a top 15 class.

You and your ilk keep bitching and bellyaching about transfers. We've landed 2 already...one will be our starting RT next year, the other will start opposite Tillman...with PLENTY MORE still there, and PLENTY MORE yet to enter. I have news for you, Heupel and company do not work on your time.

Now, as far as your dipsh!t question of ultimate goal: I knew whenever whoever was hired, unless they were a bona fide miracle worker, it was going to take 5 to 7 years just to have a chance at Atlanta...reality. Heupel may be that bona fide miracle worker. But, let's start with getting to back to back bowl games, shall we...something we haven't done going on 6 years. How about we win 10 games, shall we...something we haven't done in 15 freaking years! Yet, Heupel pulls a rabbit from the hat this year on the field, and an even bigger one on Dec 15th; yet, again, MANY keep spewing, "Heupel has to recruit better" "Bama, UGA".

I feel we are still in stabilize mode. None of us can say for certain that the wheels won't fall off again next year, with some injuries, it could; I don't think they will, but...

Let's get back to absolutely owning UK, Vandy, SC, shall we...beating up on Mizzou consistently, year in and year out. Let's solidify #2 in the East, then maybe we can talk about recruiting with Bama and UGA.

Back to back bowls...10 wins...owning UK, Vandy, SC...beating up Mizzou...beating Florida...#2 in the East...until this, it is ABSOLUTELY laughable to even hint at Bama and UGA.

To end: Heupel’s recruiting, so far, has been absolutely, 💯, unbelievably amazing. Talking about ANYTHING other than that, and only that, I have to question how much sense one has.

Now, I apologize for my rudeness and foul language; but, you poked the bear with your dumbazz second question.

First off, gtfo with this bullsh!t. "Am I happy with mediocre...do I want to see us achieve actual relevance again?" This, coupled with your statements of "no one is saying we have to get to the top immediately" and "We all know it takes baby steps" says one of three things about you: 1) you're not paying attention...2) you can't read for sh!t...or, 3) you're full of sh!t. My record speaks for itself about my fandom; and, this place is littered with trash post after trash post about recruiting better, Bama, and UGA...I haven't "implied" sh!t.

After years and years of complete garbage, Heupel signed the #11 to #15 class (Rivals, 247); yet, you and your ilk keep spewing the same " better better better...Bama, UGA, Bama, UGA" bullsh!t. As I said, we are 73-75 since 2010...have had four head coaches...have been drug time and time again in the media for over a decade...and, we have the NCAA up our ass. 7-6 does not wash ALL OF THAT away. You want reality? THAT'S what Heupel is up against, not Bama and UGA; and, STILL, he has a top 15 class.

You and your ilk keep bitching and bellyaching about transfers. We've landed 2 already...one will be our starting RT next year, the other will start opposite Tillman...with PLENTY MORE still there, and PLENTY MORE yet to enter. I have news for you, Heupel and company do not work on your time.

Now, as far as your dipsh!t question of ultimate goal: I knew whenever whoever was hired, unless they were a bona fide miracle worker, it was going to take 5 to 7 years just to have a chance at Atlanta...reality. Heupel may be that bona fide miracle worker. But, let's start with getting to back to back bowl games, shall we...something we haven't done going on 6 years. How about we win 10 games, shall we...something we haven't done in 15 freaking years! Yet, Heupel pulls a rabbit from the hat this year on the field, and an even bigger one on Dec 15th; yet, again, MANY keep spewing, "Heupel has to recruit better" "Bama, UGA".

I feel we are still in stabilize mode. None of us can say for certain that the wheels won't fall off again next year, with some injuries, it could; I don't think they will, but...

Let's get back to absolutely owning UK, Vandy, SC, shall we...beating up on Mizzou consistently, year in and year out. Let's solidify #2 in the East, then maybe we can talk about recruiting with Bama and UGA.

Back to back bowls...10 wins...owning UK, Vandy, SC...beating up Mizzou...beating Florida...#2 in the East...until this, it is ABSOLUTELY laughable to even hint at Bama and UGA.

To end: Heupel’s recruiting, so far, has been absolutely, 💯, unbelievably amazing. Talking about ANYTHING other than that, and only that, I have to question how much sense one has.

Now, I apologize for my rudeness and foul language; but, you poked the bear with your dumbazz second question.
lmao, I've remained civil despite you absolutely implying **** about me, then you start "bellyaching" when the tables are turned. You want to talk crap about me then get all pissy when I question you. As for talking about transfers, this is a damn message board. Talking about football and where we need to improve, how we believe we can improve is par for the course. Maybe you just aren't cut out for message boards?

You question my fanhood, but get outraged over me questioning yours?? I think you're the one FOS. I don't have to prove my fanhood to anyone, least of all you. I've been part of the tradition and the fanfare.

I didn't start any beef, that was you. You're the one who decided to escalate.

Reactions: Volsdeep4
lmao, I've remained civil despite you absolutely implying **** about me, then you start "bellyaching" when the tables are turned. You want to talk crap about me then get all pissy when I question you. As for talking about transfers, this is a damn message board. Talking about football and where we need to improve, how we believe we can improve is par for the course. Maybe you just aren't cut out for message boards?

You question my fanhood, but get outraged over me questioning yours?? I think you're the one FOS. I don't have to prove my fanhood to anyone, least of all you. I've been part of the tradition and the fanfare.

I didn't start any beef, that was you. You're the one who decided to escalate.
If me calling you a b!tch is bellyaching, I'm going to need gallons of pepto. You did start it whenever you asked me who had been saying these things about Jared Verse, and i showed you just a smidgen of your own bullsh!t. You didn't like that, so you turned into a tortured soul, who's so misunderstood. Then, you poked again whenever I laid down facts about the last 12 years, asking if I'm cool with mediocrity, and did I ever want to see us return to relevance. Escalation? Damn right, I'm on top of the world, after a dumbsh!t question like that. This isn't me getting pissy...this is me just getting tuned up.

Cut out for message boards? The days leading up to esd told me all I need to know about what you're made of, sweetheart...as I grab for more pepto.

Reactions: barrylee
With a motley crew nonetheless. He’s an amazing offensive mind.
Add this stuff up and see if it comes out to a top 10 offense..

#1..A QB picked up off of the garbage pile.

#2..A mediocre starting OL that becomes horrid as injuries pile up.

#3..A former 2* WR , a couple of mediocre transfers, and a bunch of young guys with the dropsies.

#4 TEs...uhhm yeah..

#5 RBs...A really good Juco guy that promptly gets hurt a few games in and then pretty much quits with several games left, a decent hard working guy that is broken and plays with a broken shoulder and all year, a tiny guy that is useless in short yardage and can't block worth a crap, a big slow LB that looks like he is running in molasses, and a walkon..

Now...how in the world does that add up to a top 10 offense? I mean that is absolutely ridiculous when you really break it down.

It is logical to assume that if Josh Heupel had elite talent to work with every year...that NCAA records would fall.

Anyone with intelligence wouldn't have turned a secondary violation into a major violation.
I don't think he did that by himself. Hamilton gave him a shade under a million bucks for a "non-contractural buyout." You don't do that for a dude who got caught red-handed committing a major infraction unless he can take others down with him. Football program was rife with infractions. I think someone in UTAD encouraged CBP to tell a tale without even contemplating the possibility of a photo showing up online, which would align perfectly with the SOP of the GOBINS era in UTAD.

Reactions: drvenner
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back