Kirby = Fulmer

Fulmer had very successful careers after he won the championship. He had a couple of bad years and we fired him like idiots and put us in a 15+ yr spiral of being the laughing stock. Kirby will continue to win because he is a good coach and GA is an elite program that will recruit itself.

Fulmer would have not adapted to be successful in the SEC right now.

He would have ended up like Les Miles.

Fulmer had very successful careers after he won the championship. He had a couple of bad years and we fired him like idiots and put us in a 15+ yr spiral of being the laughing stock. Kirby will continue to win because he is a good coach and GA is an elite program that will recruit itself.
Did you look at the link I posted earlier of Fulmer’s year to year record? Again, when a coach is at his alma mater, everything is different. Fulmer would’ve gotten canned (or left) sooner if he was an outsider. This is not about “Georgia is an elite program and will recruit itself” Tennessee is the same, look at all the buffoon coaches we’ve had and recruiting has never been the issue. It’s about any coach to stay focused, hungry (not buffet 🤣) and minimize off field politics. Also side note, notice Jim Harbaugh at his alma mater is also looking to go back to NFL? Probably Raiders or Bears

This is just the beginning of the end for Kirby. I'm glad there stuck with him for the foreseeable future though

This is just the beginning of the end for Kirby.

You're basing this presumption on what exactly?

ksmart.png

What is it about his current record as a HC, screams "downward trend" to you?

This is just the beginning of the end for Kirby. I'm glad there stuck with him for the foreseeable future though

Yeah it’s great losing to UGA by 4 TDs every year. Yeah Smart is done for because he won a NC 😂😂😂😂😂😂. Man I wish a TN HC would have that kind of downward trend.

Reactions: Doberman
Georgia is now elite and will be so for years to come, they will own the East. Tennessee will struggle to compete with them.
Maybe but that’s what they thought about LSU a couple of years ago. They always had great recruiting…although I think Smart is probably a better coach then Ed O

Fulmer never came close to recruiting at Smarts level. And how many NC games did Fulmer play in? Oh yeah 1. Keep on with the denigration of Smart. He will make us look like a high school team from here on out. And when Saban retires? Smart will own the SEC.
You need to go back and look at some rosters from the late 90s/early 00s.

With the way they’re recruiting, they’re going to be what Bama has been for years now

Now that money is out in the open, the playing field should level out some provided boosters are willing to come off some dough. Just look at A&M. Unlike the past, the boosters and the schools no longer have to fear any repercussions.

Reactions: kenexcelon
I don't know, but Todd Monken is to Smart what Cutcliffe was to Fulmer. Under the radar, best hire Kirby ever made.

I know that defense is all-world and gets all the credit, but without Monken's offense, Georgia might've looked more like Clemson this season.
This is exactly my point. If Cutcliffe had been out HC all those years vs an OC…we win 2 more NCs. Cutcliffe was the brains of the operation imo. Like Butch and DeBord…look what happened once Butch let him go.
Kirby ain’t a great HC. He has out athleted teams vs out coaching the opponent’s HC…just like Fulmer used to do…since he has arrived at UGA.
He’s got a great mind in his headset now. Georgia has been the greatest waste of NFL talent in all of college football. So many elite players even when Richt was there. Richt built that empire. Kirby has just kept recruiting at the top like Richt did. Florida and the East has dropped off. Georgia has now become Tennessee of the mid-late 90’s.

It would surprise me if Smart becomes as complacent as Phil did. He doesn’t appear to be wired that way to me. He’ll be driven to recruit and coach just as hard as before. Something Phil didn’t do.

This is exactly my point. If Cutcliffe had been out HC all those years vs an OC…we win 2 more NCs. Cutcliffe was the brains of the operation imo. Like Butch and DeBord…look what happened once Butch let him go.
Kirby ain’t a great HC. He has out athleted teams vs out coaching the opponent’s HC…just like Fulmer used to do…since he has arrived at UGA.
He’s got a great mind in his headset now. Georgia has been the greatest waste of NFL talent in all of college football. So many elite players even when Richt was there. Richt built that empire. Kirby has just kept recruiting at the top like Richt did. Florida and the East has dropped off. Georgia has now become Tennessee of the mid-late 90’s.

I don't think that's a given.

Cutcliffe is a great QB coach, and a good Offensive Coordinator, but he never showed any superior abilities as a HC in his stints at Ole' Miss and Duke.

Reactions: volpass
I have no opinion on this either way, except to say I am glad I did not watch. What was the point? Either those obnoxious Georgia fans were going to be celebrating, which still has me feeling like puking. Or Alabama was going to win again. And I have gotten tired of that.

I just hope Heupel gets this ship upright, and find a way to somehow crush both of them next year.

You're basing this presumption on what exactly?

ksmart.png

What is it about his current record as a HC, screams "downward trend" to you?
Not really a presumption as much as a prediction. His record doesn't really impress me, it's still very comparible to Richts and it still took Alabama running out of WRs for them to get it done. He's also done this during a time that the sec East has been at it's all time weakest. I think Tennessee and Florida will catch them quicker them it seems like atm and as soon as it gets competitive the cracks will start to appear more and more. For as long as it's taken him to beat Saban, and for as quick as Jimbo did it, nobody has really done less with that much talent, still the same guy that lost to Butch Jones twice. With as much talent is on that roster those records you posted are bad.

Reactions: beachvol23
Fulmer did the same thing but couldn’t sustain on field success, big head, choked, and Kirby has already shown his first four years that he’s more likely to choke than to win big.

Kirby's been UGA head coach for 6 years. He's 66-15 overall (8-5 in year 1 with Richt's players), 6-2 in bowls, and 3-1 in playoffs. In those 6 years he's won 1 National Title, 1 SEC title, and 4 SEC Eastern Division Titles.

What CFB HC has a better first 6 year resume than Kirby? Where has he "choked"?

VN Store

Back