Kirby = Fulmer

As far as the point of the thread there’s only been a few coaches that are all time greats at X’s and O’s and assembling talent. Saban is one of the few. Smart isn’t on that level to me personally; he’s very good at getting talent in a talent rich state. Now can he reload his talent and his staff year in and out and develop talent at a high level consistently? Honestly I don’t think so, that’s nothing particularly against Smart it’s just we’ve really only seen that consistently with Saban.

Reactions: TN1111
Disagree. He has already built a monster. 6 years in with a Rose, Orange, Peach, two playoff appearances, multiple playoff wins and a natty..... What's left.....??

Compare and contrast with Saban. He has to avoid the blind squirrel syndrome becoming his legacy.

Clemson says "hi". Getting there is dang hard. Staying there is a virtual impossibility. Alabama is a fluke and what they've done over the last decade + will never be repeated. They're 1 and 1 vs Alabama this year. Let's not anoint them the next dynasty label just yet.

Did you just compare Kirby to Saban???😂😂😂 all I needed to know

Smart just beat Saban straight up. The knock some TN fans make on Smart is he has elite talent but can’t win the big one. Well he won the big one. So please explain how Smart sucks when he beat Saban by 2 TDs?

Please don’t bring up the injured WRs. Injuries are part of the game and cannot be used. Sabans defense was healthy as was their OL and their Heisman winning QB.

Clemson says "hi". Getting there is dang hard. Staying there is a virtual impossibility. Alabama is a fluke and what they've done over the last decade + will never be repeated. They're 1 and 1 vs Alabama this year. Let's not anoint them the next dynasty label just yet.

UGA could easily be in the NC game next year. They may not but they will rule the East.

Smart just beat Saban straight up. The knock some TN fans make on Smart is he has elite talent but can’t win the big one. Well he won the big one. So please explain how Smart sucks when he beat Saban by 2 TDs?

Please don’t bring up the injured WRs. Injuries are part of the game and cannot be used. Sabans defense was healthy as was their OL and their Heisman winning QB.

Saban took over Bama when they’re weren’t good and built them into a winning program.

Smart took over a 10 win team with elite players and had very little to no rebuilding involved.

So what if Kirby Smart beat Saban last night?

He has 7 National Championships. One at LSU & Six at Alabama.

You most likely won’t see this kind of level success again.

Kirby does suck as a coach. I think he underachieves for the level of talent he has and is really bad at QB evaluation, but Georgia has SEC East lock down for the next few years. That is the reality. He can recruit and this championship will only enable him a better recruiting spiel. This win will help them recruit 5*s and sleep walk into the SEC Champ. It's pretty bad right now.

Good Lord dude, that HC has owned recruiting in CFB since he got there. He's taken them to 2 natties in 5 years and we could argue that they should have 2 NC titles right now. Even with bonehead decisions on his QBs and during games I would trade places with them in a heartbeat. I can be jelly of what they have achieved and still hate their insufferable fans.
We just have to hope we are on the right path. GBO!

UGA could easily be in the NC game next year. They may not but they will rule the East.
This year GA threaded the needle. The SEC east was in terrible shape. Mizzou was god aweful. Vandy was Vandy. SC and UT were working with first year coaches. And FL.......they fired their coach mid season. That early Clemson game proved....well.....not to be very prestigious. That's not to say GA was bad. That isn't my point. But even good or great teams need help from the other guys. All it takes is one rival to "show up" on Saturday to derail a season. If any SEC east team shows up on Saturday and beats them, they still go to the SEC championship. But drop that game, and you're a 2 loss team and you don't even get in the playoffs. My gut says that the SEC East as a whole is going to take 2 steps forward next year. That is enough to say that someone is going to "show up" at least once.

Disagree. He has already built a monster. 6 years in with a Rose, Orange, Peach, two playoff appearances, multiple playoff wins and a natty..... What's left.....??
That’s mostly correct and usually the decline starts after that much success with a young coach!

I swear, a few of you act like you live Georgia more than Tennessee 🤣

" omg, Kirby is so awesome"
"Omg, Kirby is the best coach"
"Omg, Kirby is the best recruiter"
" Omg, Kirby is going to win forever"
"Omg, I wanna have Kirby's baby"

🤣🤣

We will never compete until we recruit at that level, it is the Jimmy’s and Joe’s. Coaching schemes can only get you so far and I happen to think we have one of the best in the business right now but he will need to be recruiting like crazy if he’s going to make the top echelon of college football.

Reactions: DickeyD

😂😂😂😂 them smart nutzz taste good??? High in protein? Fiber?

Tell me again what Kirby record against Saban js again? There are at least a dozen other coaches who could when a Natty with that roster....

Amazing recruiter not a great coach

" omg, Kirby is so awesome"
"Omg, Kirby is the best coach"
"Omg, Kirby is the best recruiter"
" Omg, Kirby is going to win forever"
"Omg, I wanna have Kirby's baby"

🤣🤣

The slide back down the slope has already started. FACT, he missed on at least 26 of 34 four star recruits in Georgia this year We got 4-5 of them. Bet they are worried.

You never know how things will play out. If someone told us that we'd never sniff another SEC title right after Phil won the NC we'd have called them crazy.

I think Smart will more than likely be more successful than Phil down the stretch. He's recruiting at a higher level and the SEC East looks pretty easy for the foreseeable future. He's already won the East 4 times, Phil won it 6 in his whole tenure.

No, I don't think he's a great X's and O's guy but he brings in a crop of thoroughbreds every year
I have to agree with that we had best talent in Nation after 98. 1999 , 2000 & 2001 we were the best on paper. I’m with you if someone told me our fate I would have laughed at that prediction.

Saban took over Bama when they’re weren’t good and built them into a winning program.

Smart took over a 10 win team with elite players and had very little to no rebuilding involved.

So for Kirby to be a "good coach", he had to take over a Georgia that had spent a few years under a bad coach?

That's how we're defining a "good coach" now?

😂😂😂😂 them smart nutzz taste good??? High in protein? Fiber?

Tell me again what Kirby record against Saban js again? There are at least a dozen other coaches who could when a Natty with that roster....

Amazing recruiter not a great coach
But there aren’t a dozen coaches that could get that talent.

one of Fulmer s main problems was recruiting dropped off. Don’t see signs of that with Kirby right now unfortunately . $$$
It’s still early in his tenure and both won NC at basically the same point. Yeah sure Kirby will keep them up there in the conversation for a while just like Fulmer did, but very few coaches once they reach the pinnacle can repeat.

VN Store

Back