Kirby = Fulmer

Why won't he be able to sustain it? Will they suck next season? do you have a crystal ball?
He sucks as a coach...still making bonehead calls. Should have went for 2 tonight to make it a 2 possession game before the pick 6

Reactions: Remy
He will never be the same. Winning it at alma mater changes EVERYTHING! He will not be able to manage it!

UGA will dominate the East until two other teams are able to take them. That’s exactly what happened to us. We only had to worry about UF during the 90’s but when UGA stepped up in the early 2000’s, we took a step back.

Reactions: ArdentVol and vol94
He sucks as a coach...still making bonehead calls. Should have went for 2 tonight to make it a 2 possession game before the pick 6
He made some dumb calls but the 2pt conversion was not one of them.. you're saying you'd risk letting Bama have the ball with the chance to tie on an extra point? People would destroy him for that decision more than anything else.

He made some dumb calls but the 2pt conversion was not one of them.. you're saying you'd risk letting Bama have the ball with the chance to tie on an extra point? People would destroy him for that decision more than anything else.
2 pnt conversion 100% right call. Even Herbie said it, but hey he don't know much

Also have to remember would have been half the distance to the goal had they elected to use it there instead of on kickoff.

Anytime you can make it 2 possession game you take it.

Kirby does suck as a coach. I think he underachieves for the level of talent he has and is really bad at QB evaluation, but Georgia has SEC East lock down for the next few years. That is the reality. He can recruit and this championship will only enable him a better recruiting spiel. This win will help them recruit 5*s and sleep walk into the SEC Champ. It's pretty bad right now.

Why won't he be able to sustain it? Will they suck next season? do you have a crystal ball?
He’s not as smart as Saban or lot of people. They won’t suck next year or year after, they will still have talent, but managing expectations and attitudes is not easy. Even Fatboy Brutus Fulmer had a chance to win it all 01, 03, 07 and 🤮‘d but those off years were the beginning of the end, everyone saw it! I’d be surprised if Kirby can even match what Fulmer did.

Reactions: vol05
Fulmer did the same thing but couldn’t sustain on field success, big head, choked, and Kirby has already shown his first four years that he’s more likely to choke than to win big.

Fulmer never came close to recruiting at Smarts level. And how many NC games did Fulmer play in? Oh yeah 1. Keep on with the denigration of Smart. He will make us look like a high school team from here on out. And when Saban retires? Smart will own the SEC.

Smart seems to have more drive than Fulmer. I'd say his future is brighter than Fulmer's was right after the 98 NC. But we should still be able to close the gap on them.

Last edited:
You never know how things will play out. If someone told us that we'd never sniff another SEC title right after Phil won the NC we'd have called them crazy.

I think Smart will more than likely be more successful than Phil down the stretch. He's recruiting at a higher level and the SEC East looks pretty easy for the foreseeable future. He's already won the East 4 times, Phil won it 6 in his whole tenure.

No, I don't think he's a great X's and O's guy but he brings in a crop of thoroughbreds every year

New Coach is probably the best Xs and Os offensive head coach Tennessee has ever had.
That does not releave him of the responsibility to have a defense and recruit top classes.
The Ole Miss fainting goat formation has shown how to slow down our offense. Purdue used it in the bowl game. We will see it more next year.
Until we play defense and have better talent and depth on both sides of the ball we will remain a 6-7 win program. At least we can stay tuned in to a whole game now. That is a start.

This narrative is old and not based on reality. In 6 years he has played played for the NC twice and won it once. Any fan would take that in their coach. Georgia is proud and happy he is their coach.

You never know how things will play out. If someone told us that we'd never sniff another SEC title right after Phil won the NC we'd have called them crazy.

I think Smart will more than likely be more successful than Phil down the stretch. He's recruiting at a higher level and the SEC East looks pretty easy for the foreseeable future. He's already won the East 4 times, Phil won it 6 in his whole tenure.

No, I don't think he's a great X's and O's guy but he brings in a crop of thoroughbreds every year
Isn't recruiting part of being a great coach?

VN Store

Back