Next 11 games

As of today yes, if we go 13-5 as you mentioned we will move up, we are 1-2 in conference right now.

Again, this theory makes no sense, if he’s a line or two higher on teams across the board then who gets those spots? They appear out of thin air?
Thats not for me to decide. I just remember based on the last few years comparing him and the brackets thats been the case.

Thats not for me to decide. I just remember based on the last few years comparing him and the brackets thats been the case.
Think about what you are saying, it’s literally impossible for him to be a couple lines high on all teams and still field a full bracket lol.

Yall see where I called TN being a 6. I was told that's not allowed?!!!!!
I’m not sure what part of this is that complicated, but I’ll try…that graphic is as of today, we are 10-4(1-2), if we were to go 13-3 or 12-4 to close the season which is what your original point was then we would climb the seed list. If we win tonight and win on the road Saturday and he moves us to a 4 that doesn’t mean that we are all of a sudden a 4, it’s just where he has us projected at at that time…nobody has argued that 6 right now is unreasonable, it was that you were claiming 22-8(13-5) would have us finishing 4th in conference (history says otherwise) and as a 6 seed because 4 conference teams aren’t allowed on Top 4 seed lines (again, not how it works).

Reactions: berryvol
This is a dumb argument. It’s January and there are 15 games left in the SEC schedule. We very well might end up as a 6-seed (or worse) but there is zero way to know that or form a real opinion until at least mid-February. Lots of basketball left.

This is a dumb argument. It’s January and there are 15 games left in the SEC schedule. We very well might end up as a 6-seed (or worse) but there is zero way to know that or form a real opinion until at least mid-February. Lots of basketball left.
100% correct, but saying there’s a limit to how many conference teams can be a 4 seed or better is flat out wrong, without even noting the fact it has happened multiple times. Same for projecting a 22-8(13-5) Tennessee team as a 6 seed, or saying that would get them 4th place in the league, no way to state that.

100% correct, but saying there’s a limit to how many conference teams can be a 4 seed or better is flat out wrong, without even noting the fact it has happened multiple times. Same for projecting a 22-8(13-5) Tennessee team as a 6 seed, or saying that would get them 4th place in the league, no way to state that.
So if my opinion is there are 4 better teams in the league, and I predict TN record as whatever I did. Would it not be logical to think those teams would have a better record. Thus garnering a higher seed?

So if my opinion is there are 4 better teams in the league, and I predict TN record as whatever I did. Would it not be logical to think those teams would have a better record. Thus garnering a higher seed?
Well for 1 you stated that the committee wouldn’t give 4 SEC teams all 4 seeds or better, are you now retracting that?

Second, when has a SEC team finished 13-5 and not been in the Top 4?

Well for 1 you stated that the committee wouldn’t give 4 SEC teams all 4 seeds or better, are you now retracting that?

Second, when has a SEC team finished 13-5 and not been in the Top 4?
I may have been a little over zealous with our overall record. Just because teams suck doesnt mean we wont drop games to them. Maybe we drop down to 11-7 idk but i still think Auburn, Bama, LSU probaly finish with better records and that 4 spot will be between us and UK. Whatever record you want to give us I dont care, I dont think we end up on the Top 4 line.

I may have been a little over zealous with our overall record. Just because teams suck doesnt mean we wont drop games to them. Maybe we drop down to 11-7 idk but i still think Auburn, Bama, LSU probaly finish with better records and that 4 spot will be between us and UK. Whatever record you want to give us I dont care, I dont think we end up on the Top 4 line.
Ok, that’s a completely different point, so sure. 2 game difference is pretty significant when talking about seeding.

Ok, that’s a completely different point, so sure. 2 game difference is pretty significant when talking about seeding.
Maybe it is. Bama has already lost a few so they may end up with a few more losses than I originally predicted
Bama 2 losses
Auburn 3 losses
LSU 4 losses
UK/TN 5 losses
That's where I expected things to end around in conference.
So based on that is where I would put us as a 6. All of those teams would be seeded higher than us most likely.

Maybe it is. Bama has already lost a few so they may end up with a few more losses than I originally predicted
Bama 2 losses
Auburn 3 losses
LSU 4 losses
UK/TN 5 losses
That's where I expected things to end around in conference.
So based on that is where I would put us as a 6. All of those teams would be seeded higher than us most likely.
If conference results are equal, close to it, there’s a good chance Tennessee would be ranked ahead of a team with 1 less loss. The committee doesn’t look at conference standings and rank teams that way, for example, in your above scenario with LSU having 4 losses and Tennessee 5, their OOC schedule is very weak in comparison to Tennessee, they don’t have anything close to an Arizona type of win.

With that said, Alabama already has 2 losses, maybe Auburn only ends up at 3, but I would be pretty confident that 13-5 gets you Top 4 standing in the league.

I know KenPom had us top 15, pre season we were top 15. Thats underperforming with this squad.
Are you saying preseason we were Top 15 on KenPom or in polls? Or are you saying this squad should be better than Top 15? KenPom was highest on us preseason, think he had us 13-15 range, most analytics had us around 18, most human polls had us 17-25.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Are you saying preseason we were Top 15 on KenPom or in polls? Or are you saying this squad should be better than Top 15? KenPom was highest on us preseason, think he had us 13-15 range, most analytics had us around 18, most human polls had us 17-25.
KenPom had us top 15. And I believe early in the season we were top 15 as well.

VN Store

Back