Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember how hot Tennessee recruiting was in the 90s/ early 2000s and all the NFL players we've had through the years. Knoxville will become a destination for the better players again. We've got the right coach and AD. Heup will get it cranked up around K-town.
Hype does know how to score points with inferior players. If we can get a defense to go with that offense, we have a chance against anyone.

How does this change anything? The talent level and depth wasn’t going anywhere if they lost tonight.

100 percent. It wasn’t even an impressive win beyond defense which he will always recruit to elite level and we aren’t even recruiting same system player as them anymore. Offensively they still are not impressive and boring.

You had two teams with the highest payroll pre NIL. GA probably had more $$ in defense. Maybe the bright spot in NIL is other teams can now spend what they do (not Tennessee of course). That's why Kirby and nick are so against it.
I think Brent hubbs believes we’ll be spenders

If you told me Young won the Heisman I would have never believed you after watching this game.
Some on here will still tell you that if you take his top 2 receivers away and have the Defense in his face every play that he should still look like the Hiesman winner.

I’m not one of them by the way

Reactions: SmokinBob
You had two teams with the highest payroll pre NIL. GA probably had more $$ in defense. Maybe the bright spot in NIL is other teams can now spend what they do (not Tennessee of course). That's why Kirby and nick are so against it.
I don’t think it will matter. Georgia and Bama will continue to pay players both legally and illegally.

Pre-NIL it was 100% under the table and now it will probably be 50/50.

Because when their receiver got hurt their passing game was gone.
Took their top 2 getting hurt for Kirby to win but oh well that’s the way the ball bounce’s
This is why "I want to play and beat them at their best" is such a silly opinion imo. No one is going to remember that Alabama lost two of their best players, they are going to remember that Georgia won the title. I hope my team plays a team full of backups and walk ons every game. Wins are all that matter.

Something else I hadn’t thought of (as to why they don’t like NIL): the power dynamics. They’re both domineering style coaches, which may end up being a bad fit when your players are legitimately making 6-7 figure salaries now.

Just a thought.

I was really hoping Tennessee would be able to pony up enough money to reach somewhere close to Bama and UGA but unfortunately the past 10+ years of disappointment has taken more of a toll than I expected. If we’re able to build momentum and have a couple 8+ win seasons in a row, I think the money will start flowing in Knoxville.

This is why "I want to play and beat them at their best" is such a silly opinion imo. No one is going to remember that Alabama lost two of their best players, they are going to remember that Georgia won the title. I hope my team plays a team full of backups and walk ons every game. Wins are all that matter.
True

Reactions: SpendToWinVol
Man, those hires after Fulmer was fired were critical and we royally f’d it up and we’re going to pay the price for potentially several decades.
Unfortunately, this is an extremely accurate post. Only hope is for them to really have some major screwup in their programs.

StArS dOnT mAtTeR

Kirby isn’t even a great coach…great recruiter though. We aren’t going to out coach or out scheme that talent difference.

There's no point crying about stars now. We aren't rolling down into Georgia and taking their 5 stars. We damn sure aren't going to after this.

Anyway, it's all about the NIL now. The next few years will tell who's serious about winning.

We are a dead program. Not willing to do the things these two programs are to win at this level.

We won’t win the SEC by 2030 if we aren’t willing to operate in the margins. That lack of dedication has been confirmed by many of the insiders here. “Doing it the right way” is basically playing the moral high ground like Vandy does everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back