Game Thread: (7/8) Lady Vols 70 - Ole Miss 58

And where is that poster who complained that Tess was a starter but had not taken a free thrown before today. Now, we know she shoots free throws really well. Keep it up, Tess.
She needs to work on getting in the paint and working the pump fake she is automatic at the line.

Reactions: lvocd
And where is that poster who complained that Tess was a starter but had not taken a free thrown before today. Now, we know she shoots free throws really well. Keep it up, Tess.

You are right on, TD needs to show consistency and then thus team is more dangerous.

Maybe being pushed and periodically given a breather by The Bucket is a good thing.

Coach Yo played 13! Horston with a monster game, Key with a very good one. What a terrific pick up she was over the off season. Point guards weren't very good on offense, but they were being mugged all game. Puckett and Green were solid. Tess with an excellent game, too. TK did her thing on defense, not much offense, but she was being mugged, too. If she had the mid-range jumper of her opponent today, she would really be a complete player.

What sticks out the most is turn overs (still too many), the rebounding differential (we are elite at rebounding) and the improved overalll shooting.
You know Kellie really wanted that game given coach Os questionable recruiting tactics .

If you would’ve told me going into the game that Key would be 1-2 with 6 points and we’d win fairly comfortably and be up by 20 at one point in the game I would’ve said you were crazy. This is the most complete team I’ve seen Tennessee have in a VERY long time.

Impressive team win considering that some of our most consistent starters had off games. Shows what trust, hard work, and game experience can do when players step up at the right time. That's what indicates that this team, culture, and program are for real.

It's not just when injuries occur that "Next woman up" becomes important.

Last edited:
See post #547.
This is how I see it when she has a good game like today we are happy for her cause it definitely helps the team but let's not act like this is the norm.we just want it more consistently than one good game then 3 or 4 games she's a no show. So I side with the posters who feel that way I respect their objectiveness cause I know all LV fans want her to succeed even the ones who might be critical of her at times.

This is how I see it when she has a good game like today we are happy for her cause it definitely helps the team but let's not act like this is the norm.we just want it more consistently than one good game then 3 or 4 games she's a no show. So I side with the posters who feel that way I respect their objectiveness cause I know all LV fans want her to succeed even the ones who might be critical of her at times.
Let's take a look at Tess' stats for the first four SEC games. She is averaging 7 ppg and 2.5 rpg. Not bad, in my opinion. Granted this is a small sample size but this production is way more than some posters would have believed possible for Tess over the first quarter of SEC play. Continue your good play, Tess, despite the naysayers.

As for Rae, I’m not the least bit worried. I’d like to see her back to 100% at least a couple of weeks before the SEC Tournament for her to feel good and confident and totally meshing with everyone else for a few games. But she can afford to take her time, I believe.

She’s gonna be fine. I’d be fine with her not doing well until tournament time. Reduce her draft stock and have her come back next year. Greedy of me? Yes! But good for LVN? Yassss!

Nice to see Dye have a more complete game today. This is what she is capable of every night. Just amazes me how different players seem to step up every game and make the plays needed. When Burrell get 100% look out. Looks like the team is now getting the benefits of Burrell being out and others having to be thrown into the fire early,

Nice to see Dye have a more complete game today. This is what she is capable of every night. Just amazes me how different players seem to step up every game and make the plays needed. When Burrell get 100% look out. Looks like the team is now getting the benefits of Burrell being out and others having to be thrown into the fire early,
I was suprised that she had 17 points I don’t think she took that many shots

VN Store

Back