The Official #18 Tennessee @ #21 LSU Game Thread, 6:00 PM ET, ESPN2

Exactly. Mashack looked good and hustled. Not perfect but he was dialed in and trying to contribute when most of the other guys looked like they were going through the motions. He already KC on the court, put Mashack in for those minutes and let him show what he can do. He couldn’t be any worse and he might grow from it.

Sorry I meant 10 minute mark of the 1st half. I corrected it.

As far as Mashack, if I'm the other team then he scares me more than James. He will go at the rim. Do you not think if we see it then the other team knows the book on James? He's easy to guard.

Okay, I get the frustration of losing the way we lost. We shot ourselves in the foot in a lot of ways and got out toughed. With that being said, I don't see how one can take away from this game that we might not even make the tournament. Jmo

Because this team’s floor is very low when they can’t shoot, turn over the ball, etc. The SEC is competitive top to bottom so no gimmes this yr. Even Vandy has played better recently, and I can see them beating the Vols IF UT can’t shoot. See Ole Miss game.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
You know you're getting damned old when you don't recall starting a basketball game thread. Dayum. Better get that will updated. :oops:

Yea he has solid team but they played nobody in the non conference. They continue to be really undisciplined under him. He gets good players though.
We're where we expected when looking at this conference schedule if we're being honest. @Alabama and @lsu I'd imagine most chalked up as Ls.

To be a top notch coach in SEC U have to cheat & push the envelope Wade, Pearl & all. To be a fan you have to swallow your pride and accept how slimy & sleazy college sports have became watch at your on risk.

Rampant, mass cheating has always went on in basketball. Rupp, Wooden, all the way to Calipari, Self, K, Roy, Pitino and Boehiem. They all cheat. But for the most part they are excellent in game as well. That's why they win big.

I’ll admit I’m really hard on Uros for a lot of reasons, but he definitely does have a good attitude and plays his own version of hard. Needs to step up and be strong in the paint. Too weak and won’t go to the basket, wants to settle for a layup or a hook, and they won’t fall.
I would like for him to grab a rebound in traffic and power dunk on some fool while screaming Serbian obscenities'..

This team (rt now) is outside of top four of SEC.

Auburn, Bama, LSU and KY are better than us. I’m not sure about Ms State and Texas A*M. The Vols can have a high ceiling but the floor is very low with lack of shooting. Auburn and others have a higher floor and can get hot at any time. I’m concerned rt now as our Vols struggle to put points on the board and go thru scoring droughts during every game.

Yeah we are deep but seem to be in a shooting funk across the board. We are close to leading the nation n shooting open 3’s just missing the good looks.

Reactions: vol94
14 games into this season and they have no leader, no offensive identity except shooting 32.5% from three point range. So much preseason promise yet so few results....they might go 8-8 the rest of the season...
That may be generous. They're just plain bad on offense and stink at shooting free ones also..The SEC is pretty good this year. Could be a long year..

VN Store

Back