The Official #18 Tennessee @ #21 LSU Game Thread, 6:00 PM ET, ESPN2

Free throws would have been the difference. We knew it was gonna be next to impossible to win this game there. Good news is we get em in TBA in a few weeks.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I think Chandler is overrated. He has a great first step, but I think it’s pretty obvious that length on defense bothers him. The earlier comparisons to Chris Paul are absurd - he has nowhere near they type of body control. Lately, he has turned over the ball a lot . . . And he has not shot well from 3 or from the free throw line.

Man I’ve been a huge supporter of the value Josiah brings to the team, but he has really regressed and I’m not sure if he’s taking all those shots by his own volition or somebody is coaching him to do so but Barnes has gotta get him to stop or else he needs to sit him
Yep, he needs to be forbidden to shoot a 3 point shot ever again and just play defense and rebound. Every shot he takes is as good as a turnover.

Reactions: UTVols18
At the end of the day, we don't even need to shoot 100% from the FT line to win that game.

23-37

Plavsic with 16 minutes tonight, 12 points, 7 rebounds. BHH, 3.

Do you realize BHH didn't play any after the 10 minute mark of the 1st half. It looks like Barnes would rather lose and make a point. I don't know...maybe we lose anyway but it was absolutely puzzling how James got so many minutes playing like he did.

Reactions: DooleyOrangePants
Obviously people with opinions who have never coached or played in a tough environment against a good team. I’m sure most only dreamed of making their middle school team.

You can't give an opinion unless you've played or coached?

I guess I better stay out of the political forum since I never held office

Okay, I get the frustration of losing the way we lost. We shot ourselves in the foot in a lot of ways and got out toughed. With that being said, I don't see how one can take away from this game that we might not even make the tournament. Jmo
It’s not frustration. I’m looking at we’re 1-2 to start and easily could be 0-3 in the SEC. If we’re under .500 in conference there’s no guarantee we make it. It’s that simple.

Here’s my question, were our freshmen overhyped or has Barnes done a poor job with them? I’m a big fan of Barnes and think he’s done a really good job here overall but I believe this is on him. Our freshmen look super talented and they aren’t getting better. What do you think?
Seems very similar to last year to me. Two first round draft picks and 3 overall draft picks and we were a ho-hum team With them. Looks like same story different season to me. A recurring theme with Barnes. I know I’m beating a dead horse but he does not deserve to be the 5 th highest paid coach in the country with the results he delivers

Reactions: LibertyVolance
"Wade owned Barnes"

Dude almost choked the game away with, as per usual, superior talent. He's garbage and his non-conference scheduling is bottom of the conference tier.

I was naive in ever accusing Barnes and the WWW cabal of ever rolling the ball out there. That's what Wade does while bitching incessantly at the refs. I hate that child diddler looking sack of crap.

Definitely the guy has physical skills but he has no court awareness and no aggressiveness! Another fine example of a Rick Barnes’ horrible roster management! JJJ blew end of game when we could’ve cut the three points then went back to five then he ****ed up again and it went back to nine game over! But does Barnes ever pulled him aside and put him on the bench? Nope!
Barnes loves him some JJJ. He’s our Guarantano on the basketball court

VN Store

Back