The Official #18 Tennessee vs. Ole Miss Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, SEC Network

Did you watch the game last night?

I don’t care. He loves his players off the court, and they know that. He isn’t “yelling” to be intimidating. He rode Jordan Bone a lot, and Bone made money for it. It’s just a dumb argument.

He has faults, and they are more to do with personnel at times and maybe ax’s and O’s but not motivation.

Reactions: walkenvol
Yeah. That's what I ment, hate auto correct.
Because they literally won't criticize Barnes at all. You can be happy with what he's done here and still admit his shortcomings, but there's a segment of posters in here who believes Barnes walks on water.
I love Barnes, happy with what he has done here, but I see his faults. I think he needs a guy like Grant to run his best offense. I think he doesn't play his young post players enough, which has led to 3 transfers in 3 years, D. Walker, Burns and C. Walker. I'm worried about BHH and the 🦒, transferring, also. I think Aidoo and BHH will get drafted and at least, have a cup of coffee in the NBA, hopefully from UT. But, I could give a sh!t how much money he makes, I don't pay it and we are are still getting more out of UTs money than the football coaches did, over the last 15 years. Basketball is 30ish games and you have overreacted in every game thread. Every team goes thru streaks, basketball is a game of runs. I'm not happy UT didn't blow out Ole Miss, I didn't want to sweat out the game into OT. If UT wastes BHH and the 🦒 and they transfer, the needle will start to point more towards your opinion/direction. Not enough to want him fired, tho. Absolutely ridiculous, imo. If that makes me a nut hugger, put those nuts all over my face and I'll grin and bear it, may even stick out my tongue

No you're not. You literally act likes Barnes can do no wrong.

Yet here you are defending Pearl for his stupidity.

You want to point out posters for being “nut huggers” when you’re doing exactly that right now.

Can’t have it both ways.

I don’t care. He loves his players off the court, and they know that. He isn’t “yelling” to be intimidating. He rode Jordan Bone a lot, and Bone made money for it. It’s just a dumb argument.

He has faults, and they are more to do with personnel at times and maybe ax’s and O’s but not motivation.
That's just not true, there's a reason Barnes teams fall flat in March, that's more than just X's and O's

That was definitely not a good look. Hence this could be the problem with our team as Chandler hasn’t looked the same the last several games. Barnes “ style” wears on players and makes them second guess themselves which is not a good thing on the court. He did the same to Josh Bone when he was pg.

And yet he's a hall of fame coach, with lots of stars in the pros, player development stories galore, etc. Hard to figure how that is true - and for SO many years - when he yells at em, eh?

Reactions: walkenvol
I can admit Pearls shortcomings as a coach. Can you admit Barnes?

I literally just said Barnes is not a perfect coach.

There’s a bunch of coaches I’d take over him right now but they’re never coming here.

I’d love to have Mark Few, Chris Beard, and Scott Drew, a few others, doesn’t mean that I dislike Barnes.

He’s done very good things for the program that I can respect.

You can’t criticize for coaching his players hard. It’s not a reasonable argument.

27 years of coaching. One FF run. Fired from Texas for what we see here. He does less with more.
Yes I am a fan of Pearl and would rather him still be here

Also, for the Pearlites. 18 years of D1 coaching, 1 FF, 1 Elite 8, 3 sweet 16 appearances. 5 16s counting the 4 and 8, and 1 show cause.
I am not a Pearl hater. Loved watching those teams play. But hard to back up he is so much better than Barnes.

I love Barnes, happy with what he has done here, but I see his faults. I think he needs a guy like Grant to run his best offense. I think he doesn't play his young post players enough, which has led to 3 transfers in 3 years, D. Walker, Burns and C. Walker. I'm worried about BHH and the 🦒, transferring, also. I think Aidoo and BHH will get drafted and at least, have a cup of coffee in the NBA, hopefully from UT. But, I could give a sh!t how much money he makes, I don't pay it and we are are still getting more out of UTs money than the football coaches did, over the last 15 years. Basketball is 30ish games and you have overreacted in every game thread. Every team goes thru streaks, basketball is a game of runs. I'm not happy UT didn't blow out Ole Miss, I didn't want to sweat out the game into OT. If UT wastes BHH and the 🦒 and they transfer, the needle will start to point more towards your opinion/direction. Not enough to want him fired, tho. Absolutely ridiculous, imo. If that makes me a nut hugger, put those nuts all over my face and I'll grin and bear it, may even stick out my tongue

Strange take…that’s literally not the reason even 1 of those guys transferred? Also, what the heck is Corey Walker doing at UAB to make you think he’d be getting minutes here?

They're just waiting for the situation to blow over. He will get something similar to what Pearl got and it will be over with

Glad you have it figured out. LSU has 2 separate investigations (basketball and football) still pending. LSU did not self-penalize in basketball that I know of.

That was definitely not a good look. Hence this could be the problem with our team as Chandler hasn’t looked the same the last several games. Barnes “ style” wears on players and makes them second guess themselves which is not a good thing on the court. He did the same to Josh Bone when he was pg.
Do you mean Jordan Bone? The 3 star point guard who declared early and got drafted?

Also, for the Pearlites. 18 years of D1 coaching, 1 FF, 1 Elite 8, 3 sweet 16 appearances. 5 16s counting the 4 and 8, and 1 show cause.
I am not a Pearl hater. Loved watching those teams play. But hard to back up he is so much better than Barnes.
How many years has Pearl been at a P5 level vs Barnes.

VN Store

Back