The Official #18 Tennessee vs. Ole Miss Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, SEC Network

That was definitely not a good look. Hence this could be the problem with our team as Chandler hasn’t looked the same the last several games. Barnes “ style” wears on players and makes them second guess themselves which is not a good thing on the court. He did the same to Josh Bone when he was pg.
Did Josh play for Barnes?

Maybe some of you should watch bowling or golf instead, where there’s no yelling or being “inhuman” going on.

That was definitely not a good look. Hence this could be the problem with our team as Chandler hasn’t looked the same the last several games. Barnes “ style” wears on players and makes them second guess themselves which is not a good thing on the court. He did the same to Josh Bone when he was pg.
But the Barnes nut huggers won't look at it from that point of view

Reactions: DooleyOrangePants
You know nothing about sports if you think yelling at one of your basketball players is being a dick or “inhuman”.

You seriously cannot be that soft. 😂
You know what they say about assuming.
I played multiple sports and played in college, had every type of coach in the book the ones I learned from the most were the ones who knew how to talk to people and not get in your face and yell like idiots.

Lulz, if Barnes kills any players drive, do we really want that player. Unlikely any player on this team would agree with your point of view. Including the walk ons.
Yes. Look at the corporate ladder of a job, a bad boss can kill the motivation of a good employee. Same thing with sports a bad coach can kill the motivation of a good player. Eventually players will get tired of being berated and just check out, that doesn't make them bad players or uncoachable, that makes their leader a bad leader.

I played multiple sports and played in college, had every type of coach in the book the ones I learned from the most were the ones who knew how to talk to people and not get in your face and yell like idiots.
Every coach as their own style. Do you really think as many years as Barnes has coached, these players did not his style? Come on man.

Reactions: walkenvol
Maybe he meant Jordan? Why call people nut huggers? Not afraid you will hurt feelings? I mean you wouldn't want to do that right?
Yeah. That's what I ment, hate auto correct.
Because they literally won't criticize Barnes at all. You can be happy with what he's done here and still admit his shortcomings, but there's a segment of posters in here who believes Barnes walks on water.

Reactions: DooleyOrangePants
Every coach as their own style. Do you really think as many years as Barnes has coached, these players did not his style? Come on man.
I dont know if they did or not. An upperclassmen sure, but you think Barnes shows himself yelling at kids to recruits? Grinding them down like he does? Come on now even those that think they can take things always can't. Even the tough ones who can take it it eventually wears on them.
Back to the original point though. Yelling and going in on players is either going to make them check out or make them hesitant. They're going to be out there thinking instead of playing. We've seen that with both KC and Powell so far they both come in play 100% and now they're hesitating on things they weren't just a few weeks ago. They're trying too hard not to make a mistake because they know they'll get pulled. That's bad coaching

Yeah. That's what I ment, hate auto correct.
Because they literally won't criticize Barnes at all. You can be happy with what he's done here and still admit his shortcomings, but there's a segment of posters in here who believes Barnes walks on water.
I am not aware of anyone who thinks Barnes doesn't have shortcomings. I don't think his style of coaching is one but that is a matter of opinion. I do believe some on here are Pearl "nut huggers". He was a good coach but a moral idiot. And also screamed at players.

I dont know if they did or not. An upperclassmen sure, but you think Barnes shows himself yelling at kids to recruits? Grinding them down like he does? Come on now even those that think they can take things always can't. Even the tough ones who can take it it eventually wears on them.
Back to the original point though. Yelling and going in on players is either going to make them check out or make them hesitant. They're going to be out there thinking instead of playing. We've seen that with both KC and Powell so far they both come in play 100% and now they're hesitating on things they weren't just a few weeks ago. They're trying too hard not to make a mistake because they know they'll get pulled. That's bad coaching

Can agree to disagree.

I am not aware of anyone who thinks Barnes doesn't have shortcomings. I don't think his style of coaching is one but that is a matter of opinion. I do believe some on here are Pearl "nut huggers". He was a good coach but a moral idiot. And also screamed at players.
There are plenty. Josh is one of them. Can't say a bad word about Barnes or he just goes who ya gonna get.

This is a weird take. Assuming you mean Jordan Bone, who played under Barnes, that is a great example of Barnes’ player development. He improved each year and became a draft pick after this third season after not being a highly rated recruit

Except Barnes doesn’t do that.

There are plenty. Josh is one of them. Can't say a bad word about Barnes or he just goes who ya gonna get.

You must be confused with “nutthugger” and being a rational fan.

Barnes has made mistakes but yelling at his players is just stupid to point out. That argument seeks desperation.

Reactions: walkenvol
Doing what 90% of coaches in America are. The only issue with that whole thing was TN having a weak ass admin who wouldn't back him
If you are asked a question by an investigator you should assume they know the answer. You don't have to admit, but lie? Stupid. Admin shouldn't have backed his stupidity. Especially with his history.

VN Store

Back