'22 GA RB Justin Williams (Cal)

Saw another fan base say the same thing about Brian Robinson this year. Wonder what Small would do running behind UGA or Bamas line?

Small is a good back but we need a power back as a change of pace, and for short down and distance. Small can also break tackles but when you see how he has gotten bruised up it's clear we need to manage his carries. I like Wright too. Even better than I thought I would this quickly.

If he’s slow at Rb, he’s too slow at Lb.
True, but if he has a nose for the ball and can shed a block, he'll at least have a better chance to play and maube not be buried on the depth chart.

Sooooo, what? He played in short yardage and goal line situations. What point are you trying to make?
My point is that AJ Johnson was used as an example in relation to Whitehead being fast enough to play LB but not running back. While he was only used in short yardage situations, they used him in the wildcat. He was ridiculously effective as well. More effective than Jauan Jennings running the wildcat. Sooooo...AJ might not be the best example to prove your point.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
My point is that AJ Johnson was used as an example in relation to Whitehead being fast enough to play LB but not running back. While he was only used in short yardage situations, they used him in the wildcat. He was ridiculously effective as well. More effective than Jauan Jennings running the wildcat. Sooooo...AJ might not be the best example to prove your point.
Soooo…running the wildcat and getting standard reps as a true running back are 2 different things. Sooo, I stand by what I said. And AJ would have looked just as slow, as a running back trying to break long runs. But he had no problem playing linebacker, as his production showed us.

Not sure why all the hate for Whitehead. Like others, I wish he could become a stud LB. UT needs him more there than RB.

But... as a 2nd year RB he had some good moments. As others suggested, he either needs to find a way to improve speed or else he needs to build some Earl Campbell legs and be a pure power back. UT could actually use one of those too.

VN Store

Back