'22 GA RB Justin Williams (Cal)

Yeah. And for the record I never said he has reached his ceiling.

I spend time and resources watching the game same as you.

So for the record I don't care if you approve of my opinion.
I simply stated he needs to bring more...
That's a fact.
I bet your a real peach to be with out there in the real world..

Lmao...he isn't average. He played with a banged up shoulder all year long that he missed 2 games because of ....he also played behind a shotty Oline....and in spite of all that he still put up these numbers...
View attachment 425420
not sure where we can say out Oline was shoddy.

Small isnt average, decent back. Our Oline could run block decently, was below average run blocking.

No their O line gives them lanes to run in.
When they hit the hole and 3 tacklers jump on and they carry them for 5 yards has nothing to do with the O line. It’s all their strength and power
"Lanes to run in"...yes. And with a 5 yard, down hill, headstart...it makes a difference. No?

Some of you guys are missing the point.

The days of competent offenses (outside of a few unicorns like Derrick Henry) having one back get all the carries is long gone. Most good offenses have 2 or more backs that share the load. It is especially important in Heupel's offense. Small is a perfectly competent 1b type of back, Williams/Wright/Small is a very capable combination.

Reactions: VFLz15
"Lanes to run in"...yes. And with a 5 yard, down hill, headstart...it makes a difference. No?
It does. But have you watched the Backs of Bama,UGA , Ohio St, and see them move the pile and honestly say we have anyone at that same level?
Gray was our best RB by end of season last year, he’s a backup at OU. What’s that tell you?
Our best back is 3rd string at best on most good teams

Reactions: orangefloyd

The days of competent offenses (outside of a few unicorns like Derrick Henry) having one back get all the carries is long gone. Most good offenses have 2 or more backs that share the load. It is especially important in Heupel's offense. Small is a perfectly competent 1b type of back, Williams/Wright/Small is a very capable combination.

Dont forget about Sampson.

this-guy-gets-it-nick-offerman.gif

VN Store

Back