Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
My yearly expenses total around 18k a year. I don’t do much that I don’t want to, I’m just a home body. I’ll buy a video game every couple of months and that’s basically the entirety of my leisure spending.

I’m 25, essentially fresh out of college, making ~30k trying to find my career path so I haven’t invested much. Just general savings. I hope I find a career I want to settle in with relatively soon, but I’m currently back at a restaurant I served at in college while I’m looking for work from home opportunities. My girlfriend is off for her masters in a year, and I have no clue where we’ll be living since she hasn’t picked her school. So work from home is pretty much a must at this juncture.

Sorry, weird tangent on my life situation right now lol. But basically- yeah live below your means. It’s hard for some, but I manage it well.

Right now, if you can manage to invest 1-2k a year, put it in Total Stockmarket Index Fund through Vanguard (some of the lowest fees available), you will be a well-off individual by the time you retire. (Based on the history of the stock market, your money will double about every 7 years). Obviously, as you can afford, you can invest more.

Also at your age, I’d invest at a 80/20 (stocks/bonds) ratio.

All well and good on wait and see, but this is about two of your BODING WELL argument bullet points going faceplant in the same post. Are you PRETENDING otherwise?
Where did I say I was pretending otherwise? And saying something doesn’t “bode well” doesn’t mean it’s an ironclad indictment of future failure, just that they were not positive indicators of success at that point in time. Which they werent. (I also never said they didn’t “bode well” just that they weren’t inspiring, which again, they weren’t)

I have no problem admitting those signs didnt end up being as foreboding as they seemed at the time, I’m happy they didn’t, but to act all high and mighty with hindsight is some weird grandstanding with which some on this board are so weirdly obsessed.

Last edited:
Absolutely. I’ve never felt more flat and unmotivated than the last couple years after graduating college with not having any real goals or career aspirations. Yeah, I hold a job to pay my bills but it’s just a job right now. You need goals and ambitions to stay happy.
I'm in that spot right now. I've got a job thats a decent one, but it's just a job to me I have no real interest in it or ambitions of being here forever. I had two job offers one I wanted and one my family wanted for me. I took the one they wanted instead of the one I wanted, 6 months later I've regretted the decision ever since.

This decade of drafted QBs has been pretty solid, crazy that the 2004 class lived up to the hype (I listed the best QBs and then pro-bowlers from the same class)

1998 - Peyton Manning (Brian Griese, Matt Hasselbeck)
1999 - Donovan McNabb (Daunte Culpepper)
* 2000 - Tom Brady (Marc Bulger)
2001 - Drew Brees (Michael Vick)
2002 - David Garrard
2003 - Carson Palmer
2004 - Eli Manning, Phillip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger (Matt Schaub)
2005 - Aaron Rodgers (Alex Smith, Matt Cassel, Derek Anderson)
2006 - Jay Cutler (Vince Young)
2007 - (no pro bowlers drafted)

* Chad Pennington was also in this class and had a solid career, but never made a pro-bowl

So to me it seems like 2007 (since it yielded the worst QB class) is a good pivot point to the new QB era...and here's a few guys drafted in the new age

2008 - Matt Ryan (Joe Flacco also in this class but no pro-bowl)
2009 - Matthew Stafford
2010 - no pro-bowlers, but Sam Bradford in this class
2011 - Cam Newton, Andy Dalton, Tyron Taylor
2012 - Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, Ryan Tannehill, Russell Wilson, Nick Foles, Kirk Cousins
2013 - no pro-bowlers
2014 - Teddy Bridgewater, Derek Carr (Jimmy Garoppolo also in this class but no pro-bowl yet)
2015 - Jameis Winston (Marcus Mariota also in this class but no pro-bowl)
2016 - Jared Goff, Carson Wentz, Dak Prescott
2017 - Patrick Mahomes, Deshaun Watson, Mitchell Trubisky
2018 - Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson (Baker Mayfield & Sam Darnold also in class but no pro-bowl yet)
2019 - Kyler Murray
2020 - Justin Herbert (Joe Burrow, Tua Tagovailoa, Jalen Hurts, Jordan Love all in this class no pro-bowl yet)
2021 - no pro-bowl yet (Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance, Justin Fields, Mac Jones, Davis Mills)

So far 2004 or 2012 have to be in consideration for best QB classes ever...just hitting on that many in one class is pretty amazing.

Bold = SB Champs
Italic = Played in SB

Best QB class: 1998 there haven’t been any great QBs drafted since. Good role players, yes. 🤠

Notre Dame

MFs , he is currently the DC at a prestigious program! Damn I hate the media. Alright, let’s change our schedule to add notre dame next year. Don’t care when, where or how. Just want to whup that prestigious arse. Public, private, at a high school, don’t care. I want to embarrass them a la the ‘85 Sugar Bowl opponent. Prestigious my ass! 🤬😤🤯

Next year (assuming Hendo/Tillman are healthy) which of these records for a single season/game do you think goes down?

Passing (season)
325 completions (Ainge - 2007)
519 attempts (Ainge - 2007)
3819 yards (Peyton - 1997)
36 TDs (Peyton - 1997)

Receiving (season)
76 receptions (Nash -1997)
1298 yards (Meachem - 2006)
13 TDs (Nash - 1997)

Passing (single game)
37 completions (Bray - 2012)
65 attempts (Manning - 1996)
530 yards (Bray - 2012)
7 TDs (Ainge - 2007)

Receiving (single game)
13 receptions (Pickens - 1990)
256 yards (Washington - 2001)
3 TDs (Many)

1641386399286.gif1641386399286.gif

Morons just like UF fans.

Patience is no longer a virtue and 1 down year, after multiple 10 win seasons, is a sure death knell.

God I hope we remember this lesson when Hype has his one down year where we only win 11 games...after we win 13+ for the next 5 years...🥳
#TheSabanEffect

Reactions: SmokinBob
If Hooker made that kind of leap and put up those kinds of numbers without even fully grasping the offense til the Mizzou game then imagine what kind of numbers he will put up having a full offseason as qb1 under his belt
Very excited for his final season. We played without Mays at tackle a lot this season, so replacing him won’t make us look drastically different.

As long as WR and RB play is decent we should see the same offensive firepower as the past season but hopefully with less 2nd quarter lulls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back