Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kessling is solid as announcers go, his biggest knock is following arguably the greatest announcer of all time in college football. The gold standard in the south for sure.

Mike Keith is excellent, he's the next best thing to Ward.
Kessling’s biggest problem is that if you didn’t know better and just listened to his play by play of a game, you wouldn’t know which school he works for. He’s too unbiased to be the voice of the Vols. Listen to other schools guys, and there’s no question who they’re pulling for

Last edited:
Jess kings biggest problem is that if you didn’t know better and just listened to his play by play of a game, you wouldn’t know which school he works for. He’s too unbiased to be the voice of the Vols. Listen to other schools guys, and there’s no question who they’re pulling for
You really have no ideal who he works for when listening to him. Its hard to listen to him.

😂😂😂

Hey you can pretend like you had CJH at the top of your list, but the first week after he was hired was not exactly a bright week around here.

That being said I was and still am in “wait and see” mode with him. A lot of positives so far and if he and Banks can get the defense to be at least serviceable I’ll be fully on board for him as a long term solution.
Older and wiser you get the more you realize it’s okay to say “yeah I was a freaking idiot”.

Reactions: AllVol11717
You really have no ideal who he works for when listening to him. Its hard to listen to him.
I can tell, he just doesn't get emotional. A lot of people love Eli Gold, I can't stand him, he's a slobberer, even when doing radio spots for other networks.

Ward was gifted at his craft. He got caught up in the moment but when he did it was too paint the situation through the lens of a fan watching. There is a difference between outright rooting for and "painting the picture", and that's what made Ward the greatest.

both my wife's parents did.

My parents, did not. Dad is still working, at 80.

My plan, since trickle down economics works so well, is to use my Fly Fishing Guide certification through Orvis to supplement income. And to take a step back. Maybe shoot some stuff.

There is no such economic principle as trickle down. No one has ever proposed it or defined it as an economic theory. It is a political tool against capitalism.

Would be very difficult, football Saturday, Sunday and a basketball schedule?
Emerson Eugene "Gene" Deckerhoff, Jr. is the radio play-by-play announcer of the NFL's Tampa Bay Buccaneers, a post he has held since 1989. He also has served as the longtime broadcaster of Florida State Seminoles athletics, including its football team, its basketball team, and its baseball team.Wikipedia

If Gene can do it, so can Mike Keith. There may have to be a basketball sub a time or two, but I'd take it.

Also 2nd in Total TD’s with 36, Dobbs was tied for Manning with 39

Hendon could have a season that is more special than Dobbs senior year.

Dobbs finished #2 in total yards (8 yards shy of Manning’s record), tied manning for the most total TD’s, had the most Rushing yards and TD’s by a QB. He was robbed of SEC offensive player of the year

Also became one of only 4 QB’s in SEC history to pass for 50 TD’s and 25 rushing TD’s in a career

Hopefully people don’t take for granted what Hooker will do and just enjoy the season and watch him put on a show

What the heck did they do to be able to retire that early in life?

Lived below their means, invested the difference, and began at an early age. That’s what my parents did. Both retired at 52.5 y/o. Were Not teachers or retired military.

Most ppl do not live below their means. Here’s an ALMOST fool-proof observation: most ppl that try to look like they hv money don’t; they usually hv monthly payments on everything they hv and live WAY beyond their means. Most ppl that do hv money (in “real” life scenarios), you’d never know it.

Last edited:
Lived below their means, invested the difference, and began at an early age. That’s what my parents did. Both retired at 52.5 y/o. Were Not teachers or retired military.

Most ppl do not live below their means. Here’s an ALMOST fool-proof observation: most ppl that try to look like they hv money don’t; they usually hv monthly payments on everything they hv and live WAY beyond their means. Most ppl that do hv money (in “real” life scenarios), you’d never know it.
My yearly expenses total around 18k a year. I don’t do much that I don’t want to, I’m just a home body. I’ll buy a video game every couple of months and that’s basically the entirety of my leisure spending.

I’m 25, essentially fresh out of college, making ~30k trying to find my career path so I haven’t invested much. Just general savings. I hope I find a career I want to settle in with relatively soon, but I’m currently back at a restaurant I served at in college while I’m looking for work from home opportunities. My girlfriend is off for her masters in a year, and I have no clue where we’ll be living since she hasn’t picked her school. So work from home is pretty much a must at this juncture.

Sorry, weird tangent on my life situation right now lol. But basically- yeah live below your means. It’s hard for some, but I manage it well.

Man… retiring sounds horrible to me. I own my own tax practice and love it. I do what I want when I want. I’ll work til I die, just on a smaller scale when I’m older. But I do plan on trying to leave my kids generational money so I have a lot to save with my wife. $2 million today will be worth a lot less in 20 years (if thats what people are banking on for retirement).

I understand, my best friend feels the same way you do and I think highly of her.

I seriously believe my kids appreciate and feel fulfilled when they earn it more than when it’s given. That rubbed off on me from my dad, I think.

When I got a call from my son excited because he passed his business plan goals halfway through the year, and I heard the excitement in his voice, I just swelled up! Same thing when my daughter looks at me with confidence when she told me about a promotion she earned, That fulfills me.

PS - And they’ll like the things!
Same with my kids.

I understand, my best friend feels the same way you do and I think highly of her.

I seriously believe my kids appreciate and feel fulfilled when they earn it more than when it’s given. That rubbed off on me from my dad, I think.

When I got a call from my son excited because he passed his business plan goals halfway through the year, and I heard the excitement in his voice, I just swelled up! Same thing when my daughter looks at me with confidence when she told me about a promotion she earned, That fulfills me.

Absolutely. I’ve never felt more flat and unmotivated than the last couple years after graduating college with not having any real goals or career aspirations. Yeah, I hold a job to pay my bills but it’s just a job right now. You need goals and ambitions to stay happy.

There is no such economic principle as trickle down. No one has ever proposed it or defined it as an economic theory. It is a political tool against capitalism.
Is it not possible to be a capitalist and still understand that you gotta keep the 99% fed and watered or eventually revolutions happen and a lotta folks lose their head...literally.

Reactions: chargervol

Love it! Good for them!

Reactions: SmokinBob
Absolutely. I’ve never felt more flat and unmotivated than the last couple years after graduating college with not having any real goals or career aspirations. Yeah, I hold a job to pay my bills but it’s just a job right now. You need goals and ambitions to stay happy.

I have always told my kids to find their passion and follow it. Success will follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back