Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaurdians of the Galaxy allowed me to beat the crap out of enemies while listening to NKOTB's "Hanging Tough." That might've been the most hilarious moment I've ever experienced gaming. Seriously, so far the game is fantastic.

It takes 5-6 years to build a sustainable program in this league IMO. Fanbase is going to have to be patient and not eat our own.

You're right, but you will have unrealistic posters expecting 10 wins or more if we win this bowl game. These same posters will claim CJH is on the hot seat if UT only wins 7 or 8 games next year. They get a little taste of success and immediately think it's the late 90's

You're right, but you will have unrealistic posters expecting 10 wins or more if we win this bowl game. These same posters will claim CJH is on the hot seat if UT only wins 7 or 8 games next year. They get a little taste of success and immediately think it's the late 90's
Yep. Same ones who are hollering 9 or 10 wins will be ready to fire him when he wins 7 or 8 for the next two years. It’ll take stones for those in leadership to give Heupel the time he needs to build a sustainable program in the SEC. It would be different if we were in another league.

I'm starting to believe Cade is really leaning towards coming back. If that happens, and with the addition of Mincey, our OL will be fine. I could see us adding another WR from the portal, but even if we don't, I think we'll be fine at WR. I don't think our offense has holes like some want to claim. On the defense, I think our line will be fine. We need at least one portal LB. A Safety would be nice as well. Other than that, I think our defense will be okay. We're not as bad off as some want to make out.
Nope….. I think our depth will be immensely better next year and a lot of our younger players will be ready to contribute next season…. I also think we will be favored in every game except 3 although Pitt may be favored as well with us being on the road.

I'd rather go 7-5 next year if it means building a strong base to improve in years 3 and 4 rather than going 9-3 next year and taking a step back in year 3.

probably will be a step back unless Jackson is the real deal and it clicks right away. Maybe CJH finds another gem in the portal until Jackson is ready.

Watching this Auburn bowl game has made me even more sad about Tank deciding to stay and not transfer here. Would’ve been unreal here.

kleenex-tissue.gif

Nope….. I think our depth will be immensely better next year and a lot of our younger players will be ready to contribute next season…. I also think we will be favored in every game except 3 although Pitt may be favored as well with us being on the road.
So you're agreeing with me?

I mean year 3 will likely see a bit of growing pains. Hendo and Tillman will both be gone and we'll lose other starters as well.

But next year I think 8-4 is a real possibility and then just hope that whoever the new QB is come year 3 he's able to get it going and we can keep momentum winning 7 or more games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back