Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one teenager daughter. The challenges are um.......

interesting.

I do not believe that I could handle 3. Well, I could, but my psyche would be even more damaged than it already is.

Kudos, sir.

@drvenner, you’re doing it wrong. Focus all your rage, frustration and disappointment on the victims that your daughter brings home to meet you. 😈 (let me know if you need any suggestions on painful disposal techniques or how to erase any forensic evidence)

I never thought that my now 16 1/2 year old daughter listened to me. Recently, I told her that I have been really proud of her ability to pick nice guys to date. Her response: So anytime a guy asks me out, I consider and think to myself, would my Dad kill him? If the answer is yes Dad would kill this guy, then I tell him thanks, but no I can’t go out with him. If I think that you would not kill him, then if I like him I say yes, after you meet my Dad first.
🤠

Thanks! It's a 10 gallon
Just get a handful of Fancy Guppies or some Neon Tetras. Colorful and easy to keep alive. Be sure to “cycle the tank” (google it) or the first fish you buy will likely die. You can buy a bottle of “cycle” and dump it in to speed things up. Get a small plecko to clean the tank. Maybe a couple snails and shrimp too. They clean the tank and are easy to keep alive. A bag of gravel and a couple fake plants and you’re set.

Don’t forget to change 25-50% of the water once a week, or at least once a month, and don’t forget to use declorinator. The nitrates will build up and kill the fish if you don’t perform regular water changes.

Fish tanks are a pita unless you love the hobby. Good luck!

Last edited:
I got that last year and dropped it off at a goodwill in Murfreesboro this summer.

1st General Order...

I will guard everything within the limits of my post, and quit my post only when properly relieved.

You may now quit your post as World's Greatest Dad. I relieve you, good sir.

Just get a handful of Fancy Guppies or some Neon Tetras. Colorful and easy to keep alive. Be sure to “cycle the tank” (google it) or the first fish you buy will likely die. You can buy a bottle of “cycle” and dump it in to speed things up. Get a small plecko to clean the tank. Maybe a couple snails and shrimp too. They clean the tank and are easy to keep alive. A bag of gravel and a couple fake plants and you’re set.

Don’t forget to change 25-50% of the water once a week, or at least once a month, and don’t forget to use declorinator. The nitrates will build up and kill the fish if you don’t perform regular water changes.

5 minutes after reading this, Bass and his fish tank:

1640461348113.gif

Ah crap. I didn't realize I was buying work for Christmas.

Merry Christmas VN! Disappointed last Saturday after taking my dad and 2 boys to Nashville for the basketball game. But for Christmas, we got our oldest son a ticket to the MCB. So, I will be coming back this week.

It’s amazing as a parent, how giving is much more fun than getting. Everyone be safe!
I will be there also. Probably wearing orange. I'll wave if I see you.

Sorry, that does not supersede this one I received a year and a half ago. Better luck next time.
View attachment 423383
Nope….. I have that honor and have the story to prove it…. I have four kids…. Two step kids and two of my own…..you will never hear me use the word step as we just call them my kids in our family…. The two step kids have a deadbeat dad that is barely in their life at all….. The two step kids have never called me dad except for a few slip ups…. Anything dad related…. They always involve me over their real dad in everything in both of their lives but that word always bothers them… At Christmas time…. My son bought a worlds greatest dad license plate cover at the school store…. It was the ugliest thing I had ever seen but I still put it on the back of truck… I had a really bad accident and almost totaled my truck and the license plate cover was broken…. My step son had always acted pretty distant from me up to that point almost had an emotional break down bc he thought I was going to throw it away… I rigged it together and it’s still on my truck to this day.

Last edited:
@drvenner, you’re doing it wrong. Focus all your rage, frustration and disappointment on the victims that your daughter brings home to meet you. 😈 (let me know if you need any suggestions on painful disposal techniques or how to erase any forensic evidence)

I never thought that my now 16 1/2 year old daughter listened to me. Recently, I told her that I have been really proud of her ability to pick nice guys to date. Her response: So anytime a guy asks me out, I consider and think to myself, would my Dad kill him? If the answer is yes Dad would kill this guy, then I tell him thanks, but no I can’t go out with him. If I think that you would not kill him, then if I like him I say yes, after you meet my Dad first.
🤠
My daughter is 1 for 3, so far. The current "friend" seems like a decent enough kid. As decent as you can get when you are a 16 year old male, LOL. I think the first one was not heterosexual, but could be wrong. The second was a douche canoe. It did not last long because my daughter figured it out real quick. I have been in the same setting with him one time since they split and he would not look at me nor come near me. Must be doing something right.

1st General Order...

I will guard everything within the limits of my post, and quit my post only when properly relieved.

You may now quit your post as World's Greatest Dad. I relieve you, good sir.
I will obey my special orders and perform all of my duties in a military manner.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Nope….. I had that honor and have the story to prove it…. I have four kids…. Two step kids and two of my own…..you will never hear me use the word step as we just call them my kids in our family…. The two step kids have a deadbeat dad that is barely in their life at all….. The two step kids have never called me dad except for a few slip ups…. Anything dad related…. They always involve me over their real dad in everything in both of their lives but that word always bothers them… At Christmas time…. My son bought a worlds greatest dad license plate cover at the school store…. It was the ugliest thing I had ever seen but I still put it on the back of truck… I had a really bad accident and almost totaled my truck and the license plate cover was broken…. My step son had always acted pretty distant from me up to that point almost had an emotional break down bc he thought I was going to throw it away… I rigged it together and it’s still on my truck to this day.
Nice. I will relegate you to second place based on this heartwarming story. @Glitch will be third at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back