Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. If Georgia wins it all, it will be their third claimed national title. Tennessee claims 6. Historically, they'd remain behind us. It's currently where they're whipping our butts. In the here and now, they are second to Bama. No arguing that. But history is still on our side.
I hate it as bad as anyone but I don’t think history would be on our side anymore. They have the head to head advantage, would have 3 consensus national titles to our 2, we’re currently tied with 13 SEC titles, Tennessee has 856 all time wins to their 851, they have more bowl appearances and bowl wins, 2 heisman winners. At best we we’d be considered even. Pathetic how much ground Tennessee has given up over the last 20 years.

Sure would like a peek at CJH's letter to Santa as far as player additions. I will continue to wish for those he REALLY wants but would like to be able to do so with names and in priority. I get the feeling due to our number crunch with the 85, the list might be shorter and more specific than one would speculate.

Willing to bet we continue to see a bunch of unwarranted laments about LOSSES that may not be the whole truth. The existence of talented guys with stars does not mean they were on his list. The staff has a better idea about the solutions already on hand. Not knowing how many and which guys are walking away or exiting via the portal makes guessing beyond a few no-brainers a tough task. I bet he is trying to limit unpopular nudges to some guys to make room. Maybe some creative VFL NIL solutions to add to Hope and other assistance for worthy guys not destined for on field production has been located. Then dealing with HS vs portal fixes for priority positions of need is another variable he has had to deal with before putting pencil to paper.

It appears he must have been a pretty good boy this year based on ESD. Hope Santa provides us with the better solution where his list contains either/or options. We have not gained ground vs the top end of the food chain's overall 85 talent level, but fortunately they can only play them 11 at a time. Will be interesting to see how many of those schools uber talented depth guys soon choose to fill positions of need elsewhere for playing time when they are trapped between starters and celebrated star heavy 22' signees and transfers. I think the portal will impact those schools differently but will impact them. I have been shocked at the volume in the portal. Hope that turns into pleasant surprises.

Some coaches may be asking Santa for gift certificates to be used at after Christmas (bowls and playoffs) online (portal) open box sales and keep a few around for the remaining February HS crop. Bottom line I hope CJH and crew are either lucky or good down the stretch. Some will find hard objects in our stocking and moan about a lump of coal, others will be hoping it is a diamond in the rough, and some will just go HUH, and none of us will know for a while. Those with the coal theory are typically more confident in their assessment and the loudest.

Short version is I don't have a clue how many slots we really have to fill, if we have an NIL plan and how our staff would like to fill our list. I for sure appreciate those of you that get real tidbits and share them here and those that have their own honest speculation after going through the tea leaves. I pretty much limit my view of the VOL world to pay sites free stuff augmented by knoxblogs.com and this site.

Merry Christmas to all...............

p.s. good news, I am making a new year's resolution to severely limit my novel length posts next year. Sorry, would not waste a Christmas wish for it.

p.p.s FYI, I do not have a strong history of success with my resolutions.

Before I get busy doing pre-Christmas things, I want to wish everyone at VolNation a blessed, safe and Merry Christmas. Let's all pause and give thanks to the greatest gift of all! Thank you Lord!

Totally agree. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of VolNation. May all your families and friends be safe and have a joyful holiday season. 🙏

I will be skiing next week (need Colorado to get more snow quickly!), so y’all will probably not see any posts from me after Monday. 🤠

Totally agree. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of VolNation. May all your families and friends be safe and have a joyful holiday season. 🙏

I will be skiing next week (need Colorado to get more snow quickly!), so y’all will probably not see any posts from me after Monday. 🤠
Be safe Doc!🙏🙏

You'll never catch up.

@VOLSONLY

IF UT beats the hated gators next year, not only will I be singing "We are the Champions," I might do it Shirtless and in Jorts!:oops:

There’s never ever a reason for guy jorts…
I have seen some compelling arguments from the ladies on jorts, but even then they have better apparel options!

Ehibit A: @peaygolf (before the indecent exposure charges:
5D69A4CB-7270-4A08-8F5A-BB2B975BDFC2.gif

Exhibit B: my summation:

F3BED384-D34D-436D-AD48-F48F097B0DA8.gifBED962EB-1DB6-4D6A-94DF-3F7C6E744E33.gif

I rest my case. 🤠

It’s the 4th game of the 22 season, we get them early. I believe we pull it out next year. If we don’t I’ll blame it on these muscle relaxers I’m on, high as a kite right now 😜
It is better for us to get them late, IMO. Make them travel north in November. But, hell no, the SEC continues to kowtow to them and their schedule requirements. Eff Florida, Eff Sankey and eff the SEC, except for Tennessee.

It is better for us to get them late, IMO. Make them travel north in November. But, hell no, the SEC continues to kowtow to them and their schedule requirements. Eff Florida, Eff Sankey and eff the SEC, except for Tennessee.
You may be right, I just think they start slow next season. I hope they struggle all year. We’ll just have to wait and see how it unfolds

Be safe Doc!🙏🙏

So funny thing, I had a dream two nights ago that I tore my ACL skiing. Went to Stedman Hawkins clinic there and they wanted to operate immediately (would end all skiing this season). I convinced them to fit me with an ACL brace instead… the rest of the dream was me skiing (and yelping in pain every time I hit a bump) 😳😂

I told the hospital staff about the dream and they all said that they could totally see me doing just that… 🤠 (subtitle says that I am just stupid enough to keep skiing)

Medical note, ACL repairs frequently need to be delayed until excessive swelling has gone down. There’s no reason for immediate surgery. Totally different than fractures or other injuries… 🤔

Dear god I hope UF just stays pat from now until September 2022, because we would BEAT that a** if we had them today and we might very well put it on them next season if they can't pull a 180 between now and then.

I know this is basically an annual thing. I don't care. This time feels different. Rain all the "oh no babys" you have down on me 😂
1640354838457.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back