Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, so in general I agree, so when the Coen Brothers remade True Grit I didn’t know what to think!! I LOVE The Duke and everything he’s ever done, and I like the Coen Bros a lot so I was just hoping this wasn’t an epic fail. Luckily, I think they did a wonderful job and it was a great movie IMO
True Grit remake is a great example. It’s really hard for the Coen brothers to screw up a movie. Especially a classic like True Grit. If a quality well known director is attached to a remake then I’m more open to it. But if it’s a low quality director with a big Hollywood actor/actress in a remake then I’m much more skeptical. There’s a balance and some classics should never be touched. And If they ever remake Goonies, I’ll riot in the street😬

True Grit remake is a great example. It’s really hard for the Coen brothers to screw up a movie. Especially a classic like True Grit. If a quality well known director is attached to a remake then I’m more open to it. But if it’s a low quality director with a big Hollywood actor/actress in a remake then I’m much more skeptical. There’s a balance and some classics should never be touched. And If they ever remake Goonies, I’ll riot in the street😬
Amen to that

Reactions: 74volz
Hail Caesar was a blight on our civilization tho.

I've watched about a half dozen NFL teams lose games the last couple of weeks because of their belief in analytics. Smdh.
And the 5-10 years prior? Data is voluminous. Not going to teeter on "a couple of weeks" of outcomes. Most of it is so far statistically superior to "old school..."common sense" thought" like waiting to go for 2s till the last moment 😄

But when old school/mathematically poor decisions are made and they lose...nobody says a thing because the decision is "standard". It's funny really - Kiffin has referenced this. He hates making the right analytical decisions because he knows the masses get upset when the outcome (rather than the process) turns out bad.

Not saying there aren't bad decisions made upon bad applications of analytics - but all in all they are far superior and coaches nowadays have a better, non dogmatic, view of them and typically understand you have to apply them to specific rosters and situations. But if it gives you a chance to succeed of 60% vs 50% the old way - well you're still gonna fail a ton of the time. Doesn't make it wrong by any means.

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back