'22 GA EDGE Darren Agu (Vandy commit)

One thing I've come around to in recruiting is not putting any emotion to who getting signed and who is not getting signed. All that matters to me from here on out is development of the player and what they produce on the field. I've been way too disappointed in way too many good prospects and part of that disappointment is due to coaching staffs that couldn't develop.

One thing this staff has proven to me in a very short time is they can develop. Get kids in, don't really care who, and I am here to watch them grow into Vols.

I am with you for sure. i have no problem with using stars as a probability of success, but not as a ceiling. Therefore, I hope all of our low star guys match our higher star guys production. I love a good overachieving story. It may take longer but I got the time.

When I was measured for my tux for my sister's wedding I was 5'7" the summer before my senior year, and 6'1" the next summer. Grew 2 more inches in college. Unfortunately coaching could not overcome my 4.5 20 speed and 4 inch vertical leap. Some late bloomers are more blessed.

Vandy or not, it was going to be tough to get this kid when he has a good, long standing relationship with Clark Lea. Plus he has a high school teammate committed to Vandy. Relationships kind of matter.
This is one case where the player committed to a coach rather than a University. He seems to care less about the football team than the coach and getting a degree from Vanderbilt

Reactions: BisonVol
He's from England and has only played football for a couple of years. The school he's at is a very expensive private boarding school, so he's probably away from his family. He also has a teammate going to Vanderbilt. In his situation, relationships are probably even more important than usual. He also doesn't have the same outlook on Vanderbilt that most people do because he didn't grow up watching SEC football. It's a unique situation.

He's from England and has only played football for a couple of years. The school he's at is a very expensive private boarding school, so he's probably away from his family. He also has a teammate going to Vanderbilt. In his situation, relationships are probably even more important than usual. He also doesn't have the same outlook on Vanderbilt that most people do because he didn't grow up watching SEC football. It's a unique situation.
well he will soon lol

On VQ podcast they said he was all but committed to TN after our visit and kept making comments about his teammate being committed to vandy. Typical dropping hints without accusations that Vandy held the teammate scholarship over his head

Reactions: volnut1

VN Store

Back