Desmond Williams - DB Commits

I think you're on to something. Nick Saban needs to quit recruiting the 5 stars and focus more on those way down the ladder. Yet when they boat race every year, you and others say it's only because they have more talent lol. How can we have it both ways?

Are the recruiting sites telling Saba who the 5 stars are, or are the Sabans of the world recognizing talent, and the recruiting sites rank accordingly?

You're seriously arguing that the ranking services direct Saban's recruiting efforts?

Reactions: volfanhill
Tell me the last "Elite Talent" Tennessee Recruited?

Then show me how that panned out...

I saw one we successfully recruited that might be counted as elite talent last Saturday night.........of course he was wearing a different uniform.

Last I heard, the NCAA had not notified UT that they were investigating. UT completed its investigation and sent the results and self-imposed penalties to the NCAA... but nothing since. Is there something going on now?

UT purged its program administration, fired its AD and coaching staff, pushed involved players out, and effective reduced its scholarships for this season by about 20. They've now said they aren't going to punish the players who remain with a bowl ban. Seems a pretty reasonable sacrifice, no?

That said, I don't think that stuff is playing much any more. I think this staff has found a guy they truly think can help them win. There are other guys out there including some portal CB's. They chose Williams.
I heard not long ago on one of the sports talk station mentioned that UT was also self imposing recruiting restrictions. Something to the effect of less are out recruiting, making calls or something of that nature..

Reactions: sjt18
You're right the staff should focus on recruiting only 3 stars or below

/s
Stop being drama. We have a coach that can coach up the three stars to a higher degree than any of the 5 stars Pruitt recruited. Stop tripping star gazers! The 4 and 5 stars will probably start buying in the next year or so. If we keep progressing the program will sale itself. Don’t forget we’re one of the richest campuses in the country with top of the line facilities, and are campus that holds 100k plus, happens to be on the river! You can’t beat it. Go Vols

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I saw one we successfully recruited that might be counted as elite talent last Saturday night.........of course he was wearing a different uniform.

One with a funny name...kinda sounds like...

5271e46c8381c994bbea2221b540f7dc.jpg

* this pic APPROVED by Rex Ryan

He would be the only one so far this cycle...
So, in his first year in the full recruiting cycle, with all of the issues that are known FACTS from this year working against him; What is your minimal team ranking and average stars that you consider acceptable this year?

So, in his first year in the full recruiting cycle, with all of the issues that are known FACTS from this year working against him; What is your minimal team ranking and average stars that you consider acceptable this year?
To be honest, UT should be in the 15-20 ranking range. But I expect with more aggressive NIL opportunities, they should be within 12-16 IMHO. Recruits don't care about bowl bans and NCAA sanctions these days.

It’s not concerning at all yet. Under investigation still. When that clears up in the future, if we’re still not pulling in much elite talent then the concern becomes warranted.

“A hungry man is a dangerous man” , Livingtone Bramble said this before he whipped Ray “Boom Boom Mancini , the defending champ lightweight champ . Let’s Go !
welcome son

“A hungry man is a dangerous man” , Livingtone Bramble said this before he whipped Ray “Boom Boom Mancini , the defending champ lightweight champ . Let’s Go !
welcome son
Bramble was a freaky, scary dude that looked like he sniffed an 8ball of coke before that fight.

Reactions: Coddlecreek1

VN Store

Back