Game Thread: (#11/10) Lady Vols 64 - Va Tech 58

And what is he supposed to tell the recruits that we defend our players online from trolls cuz that’s all you were doing lol I’m in confusion🥴🥴
Yeah, I am struggling to see how telling recruits that Tennessee fans are phony fans is being pro-LV?

This thread related to a great win (breaking VT 68 game home win streak and 3 game streak against the LVs) has taken an unfortunate turn, Honestly, though I understand the tempation, there is nothing gained by calling out the doubters, the trolls, and the negavols after a win. Realistically, the LVs are not likely to go undefeated this season and when they lose the doubters will doubt, the trolls will troll, and the negavols will with have 1000's of posts detailing every missed shot, every TO, and every imagined coaching error So, why sully a winning thread?

Great win from the LVs. It is nice to see how quickly Brooklyn (and of course) Puckett are adjusting. BM's shot at the end of the 3rd was a big spark to the come back, She deserves her props too.

Well she made no points on Key that basket she made was against Emily. She got to the line and made 2 of 6. Traveled at least three times no call guess she had on her magic traveling shoes.

Kitley also threw a lot of off-hand pushes and elbows on her drives to the basket. And that's not counting the shoulder-high two-elbow swing she took after one rebound.

The VT player falls on the ball face down and raises both of her feet off the ground before calling timeout, and that's not traveling on them.....

Our girls get called for numerous traveling violations, by making standard basketball moves toward the goal...

Oh, by the way, Sara Puckett; too slow, can't run, bad back, can't shoot, etc. etc. etc...One hell of a fine player.
91XPLidh_400x400.jpg
Gametime, don't go down to "their" level. I love players like Sara who are under rated but are discovered by a coach with a good idea for potential. She has some clever post moves, includiing that little jump hook and shooting range too boot. Strong and she made a great play to keep a rebound in play and set up a fast break during that 4th quarter run (on top of her 6 points).

Yeah, I am struggling to see how telling recruits that Tennessee fans are phony fans is being pro-LV?

This thread related to a great win (breaking VT 68 game home win streak and 3 game streak against the LVs) has taken an unfortunate turn, Honestly, though I understand the tempation, there is nothing gained by calling out the doubters, the trolls, and the negavols after a win. Realistically, the LVs are not likely to go undefeated this season and when they lose the doubters will doubt, the trolls will troll, and the negavols will with have 1000's of posts detailing every missed shot, every TO, and every imagined coaching error So, why sully a winning thread?

Great win from the LVs. It is nice to see how quickly Brooklyn (and of course) Puckett are adjusting. BM's shot at the end of the 3rd was a big spark to the come back, She deserves her props too.
I agree and I think it only took a turn because the trolls who dish it aren't able to take it. It's one thing to dish it and say you know what I was wrong. We rarely ever/read hear that. But you're right!

Back to the game!

And what is he supposed to tell the recruits that we defend our players online from trolls cuz that’s all you were doing lol I’m in confusion🥴🥴

I`m no troll and you are referring me just be direct. This is one of the problem with some on this board everyone has to to a troll if they disagree with how a played that game or a coach decision not me i will push back.

I promise this is not hindsight. I was following the game via the box score and when we were 4-5 points down late 3rd qtr I thought “I believe we are going to pull this out”. It has been years since I felt that way! Tough, resilient, talented team and staff!

I promise this is not hindsight. I was following the game via the box score and when we were 4-5 points down late 3rd qtr I thought “I believe we are going to pull this out”. It has been years since I felt that way! Tough, resilient, talented team and staff!

You hit the nail on the head. The team has taken on their coaches' tough personalities, and Kellie and staff are bringing in high-caliber-character players.

Thank you, Coach Kellie, Coach Sam, Coach Joy, and Coach Jon. Thank you for restoring the pleasure of enjoying Lady Vols contests.

The few...the proud...the Lady Vols!

Really good post. When I watched their first game, I was not very impressed even though they pulled out the win. This Lady Vols team has been full of surprises and they came after arguably the best player got injured. I have wondered, would we be doing as well with Rae to go too constantly instead of everyone being forced to do step up and do their part? They are playing like a team, everyone is contributing. Bringing up breaking VT's 68 game home streak-- Key holding a 20 point big to only 4 points, beating two ranked teams by coming from behind, etc. Everyone is contributing. I expect we will run up against a team that will beat us, but I'm very excited about the potential of this team.

I’m also glad we’re a week out from our next game. That’ll hopefully give Horston some time to rest and regroup. We need her.

And it's almost two weeks til Stanford. Gives hope that Rae will be back in time for that game. Essentially, we have two weeks to prepare for Stanford, with a tune up game thrown in there. That's a good chunk of time during the season to work on things and improve.

And it's almost two weeks til Stanford. Gives hope that Rae will be back in time for that game. Essentially, we have two weeks to prepare for Stanford, with a tune up game thrown in there. That's a good chunk of time during the season to work on things and improve.

Yes. This. I actually think VT gave us a good look that will help us prepare for the Stanford game with their 3-point attack.

Even if Rae isn’t back, Stanford is going to get a rested (and hopefully) highly motivated basketball team.

Really good post. When I watched their first game, I was not very impressed even though they pulled out the win. This Lady Vols team has been full of surprises and they came after arguably the best player got injured. I have wondered, would we be doing as well with Rae to go too constantly instead of everyone being forced to do step up and do their part? They are playing like a team, everyone is contributing. Bringing up breaking VT's 68 game home streak-- Key holding a 20 point big to only 4 points, beating two ranked teams by coming from behind, etc. Everyone is contributing. I expect we will run up against a team that will beat us, but I'm very excited about the potential of this team.

That is a good question. If Rae had been playing, would it have been wait for Rae to save us? Since the team has been on a win streak, it is easy to see her injury as kind of silver lining that allowed others to develop faster. As just a practical matter, you can only hav 5 players on the floor and Rae would have been a 35 minute player. So, Puckett in particular might have not had near as many opportunities.

On the other hand, this team will need Rae to be real contender for the SEC and and a sweet 16 spot (and beyond). The LVs need her quality. So, had she not been injured, everyone would have more time to gel as a unit with Rae, whereas that is going to be a mid-season adjiustment,. Rae might have also elevated the overall caliber of play which would have benefited new players improvement even if they were not getting as many minutes.

In the end, the team has found way to make lemonade out of lemons but I still think overall, we would be further along as a team if the injury to Rae had not happened.

Last edited:
Hope Tess is okay. Fine young lady & tough competitor.

Had to feel for Jordy today. Kellie was honest in saying that Jordan just couldn't seem to find her rhythm after sitting out most of the first half. The offense was flowing more smoothly with Jo-Jo and BK at the helm, and Jordy was obviously feeling frustrated and pressing a bit when she came back in, forcing some shots and getting the ball stuck in her hands. Good suppirt of Kellie to acknowledge that Jordy came up big on a few crucial plays in the 4th.

You know that Jordy feels bad about her play and likely feels that she let her teammates and coaches down. Even the best players have tough nights, and I'm sure the team will pick her up the way she has done for them. Gotta love the unselfishness of this team...a fact that always come out interviews.

Right now I’m watching the replay and am soooooo frustrated/angry at all the travel
calls. The refs really tried it today. Almost feels like before the game, they set out to do that. So glad we pulled it out.
is it true a team can refuse to let three ref's not called their teams games? if so tenn might want to strike these refs if we see this crew in ncaa.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
What an unbelievable good last 5 minutes: Great assists, no turnovers, Puckett's Buckets, Horston hitting two critical shots after a hard day, Key just making it impossible for Va Tech on the inside, and yet another demonstration of emotional grit at crunch time by the entire team and KJH. It was the opposite of the last 5 minutes of our last two games with Va Tech, An exciting time to be a LV fan for those of us who stuck it out!!

I`m no troll and you are referring me just be direct. This is one of the problem with some on this board everyone has to to a troll if they disagree with how a played that game or a coach decision not me i will push back.

C'mon, you know your day is ruined now just like mine. 😂

Maybe Kellie can ruin my day on the 18th too...

VN Store

Back