Game Thread: (#11/10) Lady Vols 64 - Va Tech 58

Let me add the scene of Coach Kellie showing coach love to Horston after the game, put a little lump in my throat...And I'm not the kind of guy that usually shows emotion...

I wonder where she learned that....Oh that's right, from the best.
5522616744e5da11af9f0014c2589dfb.jpg
Remember those days. Kelly was a baller in highschool. You could see she knew the game well back then.

She had a very good game along with Walker and Key! Walker to me has taken more criticism than almost anyone. Including people wanting her out the starting lineup. When we have truly needed her scoring she has shown up and we do not win this game without her keeping us in it! With Sara the only question I had was can she handle college physicality and she has answered that for me personally in a big way. I’m so excited about this kid’s upside. And before it’s all said and done I think Wynn will get there as well.
The VT player falls on the ball face down and raises both of her feet off the ground before calling timeout, and that's not traveling on them.....

Our girls get called for numerous traveling violations, by making standard basketball moves toward the goal...

Oh, by the way, Sara Puckett; too slow, can't run, bad back, can't shoot, etc. etc. etc...One hell of a fine player.
91XPLidh_400x400.jpg

C'mon, you know your day is ruined now just like mine. 😂

Maybe Kellie can ruin my day on the 18th too...

This is is your first post in the thread? Nothing about how they won against a team projected in the field? A win that will likely help their net rating?Nothing about her breaking the 0-2 streak TN was riding? 🤔

Ah ok... cool

PS obviously your confidence in Kellie is growing because you didn't even consider her losing the game before Stanford! Way to go!!!

The only downside to me is coach ain't playing Striplin so evidently she's not ready I guess and that hurts

Part of that is just the matchups presented in a particular game. With this opponent's very tall, ofensively oriented post player, Emily was the better choice to spell TK. My read on Karo is that she is advanced offensively, but not defensively. There will be other games where Karo will be a better post matchup for the opponent than Emily.

Thank goodness the Massey computer was wrong!

I worried all week that this was a trap game, but except for the spectacular Sheppard and the mindbogglingly awful officiating, the Lady Vols handled everything else well.

Tamari Key -- WOW! What a performance! At the end there, those powerful rebounds Key pulled down made me jump out of my chair. She was NOT GOING TO BE DENIED!

Walker and Puckett? OMG, I love it! Horston had some timely buckets in crunch time. Really, everyone who played today should be proud, especially since the officials were making it so difficult to execute anything.

8-0. :D
If VT gets those types of officials in there to Ref non-conference games, no wonder they were on a 63-day win streak against non-conference teams at home for so long..............

I`m no troll and you are referring me just be direct. This is one of the problem with some on this board everyone has to to a troll if they disagree with how a played that game or a coach decision not me i will push back.

Ok, honest take. How is Kellie doing as the coach. It was no secret you were sort of hard on her and you were not the only one. Heck i've had my doubts.

I also wanted her to prove her coaching abilities could improve and she could get the ladies to play like a team and beat teams we should.

What's your assessment. Not an attack but a honest opinion?

Oh i see now you are a big Key fan ? LMAO i`m in the gym in charlotte right now watching a few class of 2023 shoot around maybe i should let them see how phony some of the TN fans are and you are one of them. Also could not watch the game had to listen to it on the radio.

If you do please also show them the die hard fans that go to bat for their players no matter what... We support those young ladies on and off the court.

From the looks on twitter they love their coach (and the parents love and trust kellie) so that is important.

That's our coaching loving on OUR TK! TK was huge and her overall game is developing and she is becoming a force on both ends and rebounding with authority.

Part of that is just the matchups presented in a particular game. With this opponent's very tall, ofensively oriented post player, Emily was the better choice to spell TK. My read on Karo is that she is advanced offensively, but not defensively. There will be other games where Karo will be a better post matchup for the opponent than Emily.

I trust the coaching staff to know when players are ready for different situations. It is telling that Puckett is on the floor during winning time. That is not a dig against Striplin but it indicates that there are aspects of her game that need to come around before she is "trusted." I am with you, it is probably on the defensive side. KS is only freshman and we are still early in the season. Her time will come, Emily has been working for several years so I was happy that her # got called. The reality is that I never want to see Key not on the floor but fouls and the need for rest happen. So Emily will get her spots, It might be next year before KS is ready. and that's okay.

Ok, honest take. How is Kellie doing as the coach. It was no secret you were sort of hard on her and you were not the only one. Heck i've had my doubts.

I also wanted her to prove her coaching abilities could improve and she could get the ladies to play like a team and beat teams we should.

What's your assessment. Not an attack but a honest opinion?
Thank you for a centered approach. I sense Darth seeking to a provide centered input this evening and he’s getting hammered.

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
I know this turned into a war between fans but i love how passionate this fan base is!

This was a good win on the road and the cherry on top was seeing Rae out there knocking down some shots!

Great job Lady Vols and awesome win fans ... i can't be there but let's pack the house vs Stanford but not forgetting we got GA St first 😤

If you do please also show them the die hard fans that go to bat for their players no matter what... We support those young ladies on and off the court.

From the looks on twitter they love their coach (and the parents love and trust kellie) so that is important.

That's our coaching loving on OUR TK! TK was huge and her overall game is developing and she is becoming a force on both ends and rebounding with authority.

Kellie is magic. It won't be that long before another NC banner is hanging in TBA

The thing I like about this team is no matter how far they get behind, they refuse to throw in the towel. Our leading scorer, Horston, had a bad game until 5 minutes was left in the game but our ladies kept their heads up. Key just keep getting better and better on both sides of the ball. Walker was a baller today and Puckett seems to be the real deal. Think how good this team will be when Rae gets back.

Yeah, I am struggling to see how telling recruits that Tennessee fans are phony fans is being pro-LV?

This thread related to a great win (breaking VT 68 game home win streak and 3 game streak against the LVs) has taken an unfortunate turn, Honestly, though I understand the tempation, there is nothing gained by calling out the doubters, the trolls, and the negavols after a win. Realistically, the LVs are not likely to go undefeated this season and when they lose the doubters will doubt, the trolls will troll, and the negavols will with have 1000's of posts detailing every missed shot, every TO, and every imagined coaching error So, why sully a winning thread?

Great win from the LVs. It is nice to see how quickly Brooklyn (and of course) Puckett are adjusting. BM's shot at the end of the 3rd was a big spark to the come back, She deserves her props too.
Brooklyn had a really nice game today. That kid is competitive as they come and she doesn't make many mistakes. Sure hope she develops her 3 point shot throughout the year. That would give her a lot more opportunity to blow by defenders when they had to move forward to guard her and is she ever quick. She is going to be a good one in the years to come!

What pops out at me from the box score is that Miles played 30 minutes. Even though I watched the game, that caught me by surprise. I'm guessing she's getting those minutes for defense on the opponent PG. But I wonder if there is a correlation between her being in there that much and Jojo having such a terrific shooting day? It is a great bonus to this team that BK can help out so much this early in her freshman season. She deserves the same kind of kudos that Puckett is getting, and they are well deserved, too. I guess it turns out that CKH can recruit a little, eh?

The only downside to me is coach ain't playing Striplin so evidently she's not ready I guess and that hurts
I just think Tamari was doing so well on Kitley why bother it and tbh she put Emily in there and we know Karoline is miles ahead of Emily but a few inches shorter but I will be looking forward to the upcoming cupcakes on our schedule for Striplin to play at least 15-20 minutes

VN Store

Back