The Weekly/BiWeekly School Shooting Thread

You are joking with this post right?
Got caught searching from ammo online, his drawing, the instagram post, and Ive read there was more. 99% of the time im against the schol searching, but this was 100% reasonable suspicion. Dont pass the buck on this one, the school ****ed up
lol.....They hadn't seen the Instagram post. Do you think schools have the manpower to monitor the social media of the students? They had no knowledge a gun had been purchased. The freakin' parents knew and they sat there. They are the same kind of idiot parents that would be the first to scream bloody murder if the school did do a search.
You just claimed yourself that you are against it 99% of the time.

Why do you think a school would ever do a search without good reason? I can tell you that schools are dealing with hundreds of situations like this kid's every week. Luckily, 99% of the time it turns out to be nothing. But when it turns out to be nothing, the school is left to the deal with the holy hell the parents raise because their sweet little Johnny was suspected. Kids say, write, draw, and post what appear to be threatening messages all of the time.....and parent's b!tch and complain about the school's overreaction or lack of action constantly.

Reactions: 1vol8 and GordonC
lol.....They hadn't seen the Instagram post. Do you think schools have the manpower to monitor the social media of the students? They had no knowledge a gun had been purchased. The freakin' parents knew and they sat there. They are the same kind of idiot parents that would be the first to scream bloody murder if the school did do a search.

Why do you think a school would ever do a search without good reason? I can tell you that schools are dealing with hundreds of situations like this kid's every week. Luckily, 99% of the time it turns out to be nothing. But when it turns out to be nothing, the school is left to the deal with the holy hell the parents raise because their sweet little Johnny was suspected. Kids say, write, draw, and post what appear to be threatening messages all of the time.....and parent's b!tch and complain about the school's overreaction or lack of action constantly.
have dealt with nothing but parents b!tching about a situation for two days, a situation that NEVER EVEN HAPPENED

Reactions: luthervol

Would you rather have to deal with bitching parents, or dead teenagers?
Plus schools dont have to monitor social media of the kids, they need to listen. Kids will do most of the work for them. Kids talk, kids will talk about what theyve seen.

Why aren’t schools setting up a simple contact form on their websites so the kids can anonymously report the dangerous/disturbed stuff they see classmates post on social media? Allow a screenshot to be attached to the comment sent and tell them IP addresses will be captured solely in the event anyone just sends irrelevant pervy stuff, because you know kids.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Deleted...... This post was about the parents. I moved it over to the one specifically about the Oxford shooting.

Last edited:
lol.....wrong again
The Mental Health Systems Act of 1980 (MHSA) was United States legislation signed by President Jimmy Carter which provided grants to community mental health centers. In 1981 President Ronald Reagan and the U.S. Congress repealed most of the law.[1] The MHSA was considered landmark legislation in mental health care policy.
The law followed the 1978 Report of the President's Commission on Mental Health, which made recommendations for improving mental health care in the United States.
The Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1981, signed by President Ronald Reagan on August 13, 1981, repealed most of the MHSA.

Carter took appropriate steps to address the problem, Reagan threw it all out...basically shut them down and released the patients.
Didnt the Omnibus act still give out the block grants to the states earmarked for mental health, bur individual states had control over the allocation as opposed to the feds?

have dealt with nothing but parents b!tching about a situation for two days, a situation that NEVER EVEN HAPPENED
It's amazing. And unless people have been in a position to see it, time and time again, they have no clue what schools deal with on a regular basis.

Reactions: GordonC
Would you rather have to deal with bitching parents, or dead teenagers?
Plus schools dont have to monitor social media of the kids, they need to listen. Kids will do most of the work for them. Kids talk, kids will talk about what theyve seen.
I'm guessing that was a rhetorical question.
Of course kids talk, that's why schools are dealing with hundreds of those issues on a daily basis.

They should have asked the parents to search the bookbag. A school cannot search a student's property without reasonable suspicion. The nuts who are chomping at the bit to sue a school for overstepping their boundaries and infringing on the rights of the individual have created this reluctance to do what always seems warranted in hindsight.
The school will be liable in the civil suit on this. Watch and see

If him searching for ammo online was alarming there must have been a long list of warning signs prior to.

Put it in the context of this is your one kid, getting bullied. You buy him a gun, or at least one to which he has access and thinks of it as his.

The school calls you and then emails you about the ammo search and they bring you in and you do nothing?

One thing I don't know is if the parents were also told of the drawings. That would be even worse.

I'm guessing that was a rhetorical question.
Of course kids talk, that's why schools are dealing with hundreds of those issues on a daily basis.
How many are credible though? 5-10? I dont agree with searching every kid but if a kid has a continous pattern of behavior then go for it.

How do you do that?
Kids A and B are separately caught searching for ammo - you look at kid A's and B's disciplinary records and ask teachers about the kids and other behaviors they may have observed. Base your responses on the results.

Put it in the context of this is your one kid, getting bullied. You buy him a gun, or at least one to which he has access and thinks of it as his.

The school calls you and then emails you about the ammo search and they bring you in and you do nothing?

One thing I don't know is if the parents were also told of the drawings. That would be even worse.

Yes the parents were completely negligent, no argument there.

The school will be liable in the civil suit on this. Watch and see
I will.
I think they should have felt free to search the bag with no fear of retaliation or litigation.
Whatever leads to that end, I'm all for.

How many are credible though? 5-10? I dont agree with searching every kid but if a kid has a continous pattern of behavior then go for it.
Was his a continuous pattern? It's a judgement call. If more people would return to a point of trusting the school official's judgement, things would be so much better.

Was his a continuous pattern? It's a judgement call. If more people would return to a point of trusting the school official's judgement, things would be so much better.
I think so. The incident in the courtyard with the deer head. His instagram posts, searching from ammo, his drawing, having to have multiple meetings with school officials. There was at lest 6 red flags imo.

VN Store

Back