The Weekly/BiWeekly School Shooting Thread

Is it the thread title for this? Or that I posted it at all? Am I posting too much?

And no I'm not being sarcastic or facetious, I'm trying to fix it.
I was yanking your chain don’t read much into it. But what I was implying is yeah we already have threads for most topics that LG feels are important enough to have his individual deep thoughts by Jack Handie broken out on is all.

Reactions: AshG
They can defend themselves once they're 18.

-Luther
Have kids walking the halls openly carrying. That will fix it.

-utvolpj.......and every other gun nut

But yes, it's a damn shame.......as a nation, we are insane.
-luther

Reactions: Hunerwadel

-luther
But your stupid ass hot take is always the same. Punish every one else whom hasn’t done anything wrong. Stupid as hell every time you do it.

Reactions: LouderVol

-luther

Fix the insanity. Well actually lets call it what it is, a lack of discipline and maturity. The shooter is probably on ADD drugs or other anti-depressants.

Fix the insanity. Well actually lets call it what it is, a lack of discipline and maturity. The shooter is probably on ADD drugs or other anti-depressants.

Before we blame the medication, can we talk about the possibility of parents not knowing their child well enough to catch changes in behavior or activity patterns? So many parents I've worked with have been strangers to their children. It's scary.

Before we blame the medication, can we talk about the possibility of parents not knowing their child well enough to catch changes in behavior or activity patterns? So many parents I've worked with have been strangers to their children. It's scary.

Absolutely, it usually starts with parents that medicate instead of discipline their kid.

Absolutely, it usually starts with parents that medicate instead of discipline their kid.

I sat through an IEP meeting once with a kid who was either bouncing off the walls or sleeping through class. The parents were at their wits' end and wanted us to figure out the issue before they went to a psychiatrist. I asked the parents what the kid had for breakfast; cold pizza, a candy bar, and a coke. Almost daily. Of course the kid was a mess, they were loaded with cheap carbs and sugar crashing! I asked if they would consider protein shakes or bars instead and they balked. Wouldn't even think of trying that, but wanted to chem up their kid.

Kid ultimately ended up in alternative school when the meds made things worse.

I sat through an IEP meeting once with a kid who was either bouncing off the walls or sleeping through class. The parents were at their wits' end and wanted us to figure out the issue before they went to a psychiatrist. I asked the parents what the kid had for breakfast; cold pizza, a candy bar, and a coke. Almost daily. Of course the kid was a mess, they were loaded with cheap carbs and sugar crashing! I asked if they would consider protein shakes or bars instead and they balked. Wouldn't even think of trying that, but wanted to chem up their kid.

My 4 year old granddaughter bounces around like a pinball at home and of course he mother feeds her doughnuts or poptarts for breakfast almost every morning. She stays with us she eats eggs and bacon/sausage/ham and it's night and day in her behavior.

Reactions: Wireless1 and AshG
My 4 year old granddaughter bounces around like a pinball at home and of course he mother feeds her doughnuts or poptarts for breakfast almost every morning. She stays with us she eats eggs and bacon/sausage/ham and it's night and day in her behavior.

Discipline is lost on many.

Reactions: AshG and hog88
That's nothing new. Mom and dad thought I was the neighbors kid until asked to borrow the car one day. They looked puzzled and told me I should ask my parents for theirs.

Reactions: luthervol and hog88
No doubt. There is an epidemic of lack of discipline and maturity.
I prefer to have the undisciplined and immature as unarmed as possible.

VN Store

Back