4 once our AD is ahead of the game

We got our sexy up and coming HC last year and alot of people did not realize it
I just remember this fan base hating on BJ after putting up two 8 win seasons and bowls… the jury is still out… on the fan base 🤣 … I am hoping he gets us to competing for the East. Before Fulmer, we rarely won even that. He got us there many times, and once just one year before he was fired. Haven’t been there since. We fired him and Clawson when he finally tried to make a change after one year. Clawson now has a better team than Tennessee.

People keep talking about how patient our fans are. I would have agreed with them if we didn’t put so much pressure on our coaches to the point where we run them off. Our boosters and program have failed to put the money down as well and I am sure that is part of some of the departures, but we simply are NOT a patient fan base.

I hope we have learned our lesson. Seems most have accepted a 7-5 season and few refer to the fact Huepel sort of lucked out with the Milton injury. Otherwise, our season would look worse. Nevertheless, I think the coaches have shown they can compete with the right personnel, and it is clear we need more defensive bodies and probably should have a lopsided roster when it comes to D vs O. I also hope Huepel will make sure to use all timeouts within a game if for any just reason to let his D rest.

Regardless, he is our guy. I will be patient and wait for at least a return to competing for the East which is where Butch had us. I will not get too excited until he proves at least that much. If we get there with him, then I will be patient with him taking us to the next level and that would be winning SEC Champs and by default being a playoff contender.

He has only put down the foundation. Looking forward to seeing what the house looks like when he’s well into his tenure here.

Last edited:
I just remember this fan base hating on BJ after putting up two 8 win seasons and bowls… the jury is still out… on the fan base 🤣 … I am hoping he gets us to competing for the East. Before Fulmer, we rarely won even that. He got us there many times, and once just one year before he was fired. Haven’t been there since. We fired him and Clawson when he finally tried to make a change after one year. Clawson now has a better team than Tennessee.

People keep taking about how patient our fans are. I would have agreed with them if we didn’t put so much pressure on our coaches to the point where we run them off. Our boosters and program have failed to put the money down as well and I am sure that is part of some of the departures, but we simply are NOT a patient fan base.

I hope we have learned our lesson. Seems most have accepted a 7-5 season and few refer to the fact Huepel sort of lucked out with the Milton injury. Otherwise, our season would look worse. Nevertheless, I think the coaches have shown they can compete with the right personnel, and it is clear we need more defensive bodies and probably should have a lopsided roster when it comes to D vs O. I also Huepel will make sure to use all timeouts within a game if for any reason to let his D rest.

Regardless, he is our guy. I will be patient and wait for at least a return to competing for the East which is where Butch had us. I will not get too excited until he proves at least that much. If we get there with him, then I will be patient with him taking us to the next level and that would be winning SEC Champs and by default being a playoff contender.

He has only put down the foundation. Looking forward to seeing what the house looks like when he’s well into his tenure here.

The fan base is responsible for running coaches off because they sucked? Hahaha!! And coach Buzz Cut was a Loser with a capital L.

Last edited:
Every coach will say they would never leave, and then leave (ie. Brian Kelley and Lincoln Riley). I love coach Josh but players nor coaches have loyalty anymore. NIL, the portal, and coaches buyouts have made college football the NFL Jr.
Ouch, thank you SIR, may I have another! But I'm hoping Hype meant what he said about Knoxville being home and looking forward to building a future here with his family. And hooker too!

Not Jeff Brohm. He’s lived off of beating 3 top 3 teams and then going 6-6 or 7-5 each year. Hell we got him a raise once. I think the story goes that he agreed to be our coach, but didn’t want it leaked. Someone leaked it and he pulled out of the deal and got his big raise .

Yep, Purdue is a 6-6 ,7-5 occasionally 8-4 Team. Always .

I would like to think that our AD is ahead of the game but nothing in the past has shown that to be true from the UT administration. It would not be good for UT to go through another coaching search especially after all the turnover UT experienced when Pruitt left. We would be lucky to field a competent team if we were left combing through the trash bin of coaches

No one because he has never gone back on his word. Hype is rock solid and committed to building this program back. We should really be worrying about Banks honestly

I worry about both for a few more days, but I, like you, have more worry about Banks. Not that he couldn't be replaced. It's just the continuity and how it could shatter the mental side of the guy's on the defense and could upset the recruiting efforts on that side of the ball where we need the must help that concerns me the most..

Who’s on Danny’s short list, just in case
No one because he has never gone back on his word. Hype is rock solid and committed to building this program back. We should really be worrying about Banks honestly

Regardless of Heuple not going anywhere by his commitment here. ADs have often said they always have a short list if in case their coach gets hit by a bus is what one said several years ago. You have to be prepared for anything. So its still a good question even though we wont ever get the answer.

Reactions: Johnnyreb#VFL
Regardless of Heuple not going anywhere by his commitment here. ADs have often said they always have a short list if in case their coach gets hit by a bus is what one said several years ago. You have to be prepared for anything. So its still a good question even though we wont ever get the answer.

Excellent point. Thank you

VN Store

Back