Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
If DW and JH really do have an understanding that he would not leave for OU, one reason to let it ride publicly and just make private assurances as needed is the fried and true strategy of keeping your name out there for a little while as a coach that OU would/should really want to hire.

I don’t think that’s a wise strategy, but at least you gave me a reasonable justification.

From Basilio’s blog on HH. Sure hope he decides to stay. We’d be in a tight spot unless Gabriel or another good fit QB decides to transfer here.
View attachment 415883

I think he will be back. The senior bowl folks believe this and considering he is on their list of targets I suspect they have caught wind of his likely decision. Obviously things could change if the nfl evals/recommendations are better than expected.

Isn’t this week the start of a big recruiting push with coaches in the field making visits and gathering commitments? Where on VN can updates be found? Is there a summary of targets and scheduled visits. I’m new to recruiting and just a fan looking for some news. I’m sure Heup and staff are out doing work.

Carvin coming back is huge. Interior OL is set.
So is LT. I love that Wanya went to OU and has been a complete bust. Meanwhile Wright has stayed here and has had a fantastic year at LT. All we need is to sure up RT. Is that Crawford or someone from the portal? Either way, that's all we need and our OL will be really good next year

I think he will be back. The senior bowl folks believe this and considering he is on their list of targets I suspect they have caught wind of his likely decision. Obviously things could change if the nfl evals/recommendations are better than expected.
Yeah if somehow he projects as a 1st or 2nd round draft pick, I don’t see how he makes the decision to stay at UT. If he isn’t in that level of getting drafted then he definitely is coming back.

So is LT. I love that Wanya went to OU and has been a complete bust. Meanwhile Wright has stayed here and has had a fantastic year at LT. All we need is to sure up RT. Is that Crawford or someone from the portal? Either way, that's all we need and our OL will be really good next year
The weight that Wright shed thanks to our coaches telling him he needed to, basically made Wright a new player.

I mean just think to all of our OL and how immobile they have been due to their size and weight that Pruitt wanted them at. Then this staff comes in and is like hey we would like you to lose some weight and then put on good weight….

Just a completely different view by coaching staffs other staff basically just wanted their lineman to get to the set weight and didn’t care if it was healthy or not…. Current staff wants that healthy weight. I love it.

Isn’t this week the start of a big recruiting push with coaches in the field making visits and gathering commitments? Where on VN can updates be found? Is there a summary of targets and scheduled visits. I’m new to recruiting and just a fan looking for some news. I’m sure Heup and staff are out doing work.
The recruiting forum is a great place for that. You can read the individual threads on recruits or read in here. Also, I would recommend listening to the Volquest podcasts on YouTube. They do a great job of talking about which recruits we are going after.

Welcome to the recruiting forum: The best place on Volnation.

From multiple OU fans on another board - Apparently there was some bad blood between Heupel and Oklahoma after Stoops let him go. Heupel felt like he was the scapegoat. Apparently the offense that year was performing well enough, but the defense was not. Bob decided to can Heupel instead of his brother Mike who should have been let go to save face that they were making changes. The same posters said Heupel to OU won't happen because of how that went down - which is perfectly fine with me.

Quotes from the OU posters on Heupel leaving for OU:

"He took a lot of the heat when our teams weren’t as good as expected, however, mike stoops was the DC and the offense was light years better than the defense. Bob Stoops fired him and hired Riley. In all honesty, mike should have been cut lose long before JH. Heupel won’t come back to any type of OU function, even the 2000 NC banquet this past summer."

"There’s exactly 0% chance that happens. Neither side has many good feelings towards the other"
Yeah, I've been saying Heupel stays, I just found it odd that bad blood or not they wouldn't include the starting QB when honoring that championship team. It appears to be scrolling in alphabetical order and Heupel's name isn't there.

Ehh. Bunch of cry babies. The reason those weren’t intentional grounding is because Bryce Young was hit in his arm while trying to make the throw which is what caused the ball to do what it did.

Also, that hands to the face wasn’t actually hands to the face I watched that real time he had his hand on the right shoulder and was pushing him back.

As for the holdings you could literally call holding almost every play of college football. It goes down to how egregious it is and none of those were egregious.

Ehh. Bunch of cry babies. The reason those weren’t intentional grounding is because Bryce Young was hit in his arm while trying to make the throw which is what caused the ball to do what it did.

Also, that hands to the face wasn’t actually hands to the face I watched that real time he had his hand on the right shoulder and was pushing him back.

As for the holdings you could literally call holding almost every play of college football. It goes down to how egregious it is and none of those were egregious.
shut up Chizzle bama sucks and they cheat

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back